Lambo Vs Citigolf (Bandwidth Warning)

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

Firestrm wrote:
ICE-VaPa wrote: But the poor people in the golf. sigh. :(
why? i live in this area.... those top security golfs drive around like mindless apes.... i for one am happy.... a few times those buggers have almost collided with me while i have been driving with my son in the car.... i wouldnt be surprised if the golf was driving on the wrong side of the road too and actually caused the lambo driver to swerve hard...... well thats my rant... apologies for sounding heartless but its a two sided coin these 'security guards' are nothing more than taxi drivers with guns.....
thats one thing i noticed aswell and hence why in the article there are 2 un named ppl who were in the golf...cause it was prolly his sister and her husband getting a free lift on the works expense...ive seen this so many times even more so with cops...but thats off topic
when in doubt, paddle out... ;)
StoneIce

Post by StoneIce »

Dammit that was bad. Sound weird too. All two with a very high speed , crashed together.
Samsung T260 26' LCD . Intel i7 920 D0 . Asus P6T Deluxe Palm OC . Dominator & OCZ 6GB DDR 3 1600Mhz . ATI/AMD HD5850 . Razer Mamba . Logitech G11
naughty

Post by naughty »

po10cy wrote:
ICE-VaPa wrote:What an Idiot. I give nothing that he passed away. Darwinism.

But the poor people in the golf. sigh. :(
poor kid aswell man, he had family and friends, its his boss or whoever gave him that car who should have known better, you telling me someone tells you "heres the keys to my lambo....take it for spin" you not gonna atleast get in the car??? no you would..

i would give nothing that terrorist murderers and rapists pass away but a young kid for making the mistake of climbing into one of the most expensive cars in the world, thats a chance in a lifetime not many of us would ever experience...

shame on whoever was the owner of that car or gave it to him.
that doesnt mean you have to drive it like a mindless retard - and if you do drive like a mindless retard - then if you die you deserve what happened to you - but in the meantime yu killed the poor people in the other car

now you can see what i have against stupid morons who dont know how to drive getting behind the wheel of a car

but anyway - have a look at this link http://www.autoworld.co.za/TrafficLaw_7618.aspx - im sure it will help a bit to appease this type of nonsense
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

Those new traffic fines are just to make some extra cash. If they want to make the roads safer, they should start with stricter fines for unroadworthy cars first and foremost and people doing things like using the emergency lane / shoulder of the curb as their own special road.

Speed causes greater impacts and more likelihood of death but you can drive 40 km/h and still drive more dangerous than someone doing 100km/h.
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
LordRage

Post by LordRage »

UrBaN wrote:Volkswagen Diablo? :P
To be fair it is a true Lambo, it was made before Audi bought lambo.
Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. (Karl Marx)
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

po10cy wrote:well lets hope his boss has him listed under the insured drivers for the car!

what a stupid boss for letting a 22 year old kid with no training in cars of that power get behind the wheel of that.
Do you people know the story at all? No, so maybe you shouldn't comment rather...

The guy who died driving the Lambo was a close friend to one of my friends. He did in fact have advanced driver training for such cars and had driven the Diablo before on many occasions.
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

LordRage wrote:
UrBaN wrote:Volkswagen Diablo? :P
To be fair it is a true Lambo, it was made before Audi bought lambo.
true. and a true lambo is a wild beast indeed. disrespect one at will turn around, bite your head off and s**t down your throat.

question:
what nincompoop gives a kid such a machine?
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

ryanrich wrote:
po10cy wrote:well lets hope his boss has him listed under the insured drivers for the car!

what a stupid boss for letting a 22 year old kid with no training in cars of that power get behind the wheel of that.
Do you people know the story at all? No, so maybe you shouldn't comment rather...

The guy who died driving the Lambo was a close friend to one of my friends. He did in fact have advanced driver training for such cars and had driven the Diablo before on many occasions.
So why don't you tell us the story?

ANd answer this: was he speeding?? Because if he was, he has no sympathy from me
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
naughty

Post by naughty »

He did in fact have advanced driver training for such cars and had driven the Diablo before on many occasions.
pardon me ......... im confused - so where does advanced driver training give him the right to be doing the speeds that he was obviously doing to be in a crash like the result of which we see (the golf obviously wasnt the car doing such speeds)

around a race track - no problem then i say that those advanced driving courses have some meaning - on a public road you should not be driving anywhere close to even fast enough for those course certificates to be printed on more than toilet paper for all they are worth - so sorry - someone having advanced driving certificates doesnt impress me ...... someone having a car like that and having enough restraint to drive it to within legal limits whilst on a public road does impress me

its one of the reasons why in most car threads i get infuriated when all people base a cars worth on is the speed it does - speed matters not one bit when all it does is cause lots of grief like this - its the last thing you should be looking at in a car

but in most local car forums and indeed motoring sections in most forums all you get is a bunch of young idiots who cant even keep a car within its own lane on a straight road arguing about whose car is faster - and maybe im generalizing too much but these are the resultant type of incidents that are too prevalent
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Who said it gives him the right to do anything?

I simply said that he did indeed have training, nothing more nothing less, so chill.

Nobody knows what happened since they're dead, right.
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

from the pic i can tel it was a velocity
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

@ Nittin, you are generalizing a little too much dude, but otherwise you hit the nail on the head. My brother went on an advanced driving course. He's a 4th year engineering student, doesn't stop him from driving like a complete idiot sometimes.

Fast cars are nice and all, but it's the same as alcohol, do it responsibly... Or better yet, don't do it at all.
douglash

Post by douglash »

Bikes FTW!

at least if you gonna kill someone, it'll more than likely only be yourself...
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

I'm always amazed how news writers can exaggerate on a story.

its worth just over a million is more correct, than its worth millions.

http://search.autotrader.co.za/www/cars ... =&x=52&y=8

The diablo is old, i even hear people say it was a brand new one, its second hand they estimate it was 3.5 mil.

:roll:
ryanrich wrote:Who said it gives him the right to do anything?

I simply said that he did indeed have training, nothing more nothing less, so chill.

Nobody knows what happened since they're dead, right.
the evidence is clear :wink:
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

Please tell me where I can buy a Diablo for just over a million? Maybe R1.8-R2million.

EDIT: nvm, lol. But low mileage Diablos go for more than R2m.
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

naughty wrote:its one of the reasons why in most car threads i get infuriated when all people base a cars worth on is the speed it does - speed matters not one bit when all it does is cause lots of grief like this - its the last thing you should be looking at in a car
Being a bit harsh there my man. speed does not just cause grief. Furthermore visiting a car forum and expecting people not to talk about speed is like visiting a music forum and expecting people not to talk about wattage....

Seems to me you have some underlying issues there..
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

They actually did a survey that concluded that cars with less power are more likely to be in accidents (adjusted for popularity of said vehicles):

a) Because they can't pull out and accelerate and merge into traffic
b) They have worse breaks
c) The have worse handling

There may also be a social factor involved (eg people with crap cars aren't that concerned about it's value or people who drive expensive cars may be more educated, not to say that this is true but it could play a part over a large portion of the population before I get flamed)
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
Vista Ultimate x64
RobThePyro

Post by RobThePyro »

douglash wrote:Bikes FTW!

at least if you gonna kill someone, it'll more than likely only be yourself...
QFT

Bikes* > ALL

*(sometimes Bikes = Sex :P)
PCF Dumbass of the Month Award!
"My lungs are in SLI :P"
ICE-VaPa

Post by ICE-VaPa »

Hex_Rated wrote:
a) Because they can't pull out and accelerate and merge into traffic
b) They have worse breaks
c) The have worse handling
a) to dodge the drunk rich kid.
b) to dodge the drunk rich kid.
c) To manoeuvre around the drunk rich kid.
naughty

Post by naughty »

is like visiting a music forum and expecting people not to talk about wattage....
in the music forums where they really understand music equipment they dont talk about wattage - in fact its the last thing they look at

point is in a car forum if all they talk about is the speed then they dont truly understand cars
Seems to me you have some underlying issues there..
not really since IMHO my car is fast enough - its not the fastest thing on 4 wheels but i bought it more for the fact that id rather have a brand new car with central locking and leather interior and sunroof as well as ESP and power steering .....and not for the performance of the 1.8l turbo 20v engine which is apparently highly modifiable to go even faster

does that fast engine tempt me to just drive like a maniac all over the place - nope i chose to drive in a more sane manner - and i hate it when the maniacs affect my own sedate driving pace cos im sticking to the law when those others are not - maybe i have more to live for than they do but im in no hurry to die or kill others
There may also be a social factor involved (eg people with crap cars aren't that concerned about it's value or people who drive expensive cars may be more educated, not to say that this is true but it could play a part over a large portion of the population before I get flamed)
well to an extent it is true that if you have a crappy car you wont be too concerned with what happens to it - when i had my citi golf which was R52k brand new i went anywhere and did anything and didnt care what really happened to it - now that ive got a car that cost a bit more (around R200k) so i really do want to look after it better - so i would be bummed if it was involved in an accident

the education bit isnt so predominant IMHO since guys who are educated ie even up to postgrad level are most likely on their first jobs and if they are not from a wealthy background still would probably be buying a yaris or kia or something like that as a first car - as they move on in life they will get better vehicles - so they are not necessarily uneducated
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

Hex_Rated wrote:
Please tell me where I can buy a Diablo for just over a million? Maybe R1.8-R2million.

EDIT: nvm, lol. But low mileage Diablos go for more than R2m.
Million(ssss) 1.8 mil is not millions it still 1 towards 2 millions :lol:

This one over here is a 1996 model with 33K Km's on it

http://search.autotrader.co.za/www/cars ... 9185034851

Its only 1.3mil. who will buy a diablo for 3.5 or what ever they recon if you can rather get a gallarado for less 2.5 mil and its a 2005 model.

http://search.autotrader.co.za/www/cars ... 9185039594

Someone is either telling lies or someone got ripped off.

:lol:

Edit Picture is a bit Big
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... _2cent.png
Last edited by SBSP on 18 Jul 2008, 09:52, edited 1 time in total.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

I just hate the generalising...

The guy in the Golf had 2 passengers, when they weren't allowed giving lifts at all, and those 2 passengers are still not known. For all we know it could have been him who caused the accident...

And all you guys saying he was obviously speeding, I hope you've never once in your life exceeded the speed limit...

Crap happens in life unfortunately... You telling me given the chance to drive a Diablo you might not push it just a little?
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

Double post*

*ADSL is down, the 3G is driving me insane.
Last edited by KillerByte on 18 Jul 2008, 10:25, edited 1 time in total.
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

Speed doesn't kill! Its teh lack of proper driving skill that kills.

I know that I lack the skill to drive at 160km/h, now and again I have gone 160 or faster but after realising that;

a) Petrol is expensive and I can't afford to speed
b) My car is not designed to cruise at 160KM/h
c) My skill is limited at this point in my life.

I plan to go on an advanced driving course one day, for two reasons;

1) It will bring my insurance down
2) I will have the skill to react properly in dangerous situations. (This to me is the biggest reason, the ability to be able to react correctly in a dangerous situation is priceless. I know of a few people that believe that they owe their lives to the driving courses that they took, and the situations that they were in were not their fault.)

My uncle was an SAPS Flying Squad chase driver. He is one of the few people that I am comfortable with in the car (i usually prefer to be in control.) With all his experience, driving numerous types of vehicles including armoured military vehicles he does not exceed the speed limit, he will touch 140 now and again but as a general rule he doesn't speed.

Driving at high speeds does not show skill. The ability to foresee dangerous situations and react in time does show skill.
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

ryanrich wrote:I just hate the generalising...

The guy in the Golf had 2 passengers, when they weren't allowed giving lifts at all, and those 2 passengers are still not known. For all we know it could have been him who caused the accident...

And all you guys saying he was obviously speeding, I hope you've never once in your life exceeded the speed limit...

Crap happens in life unfortunately... You telling me given the chance to drive a Diablo you might not push it just a little?
Like someone mentioned earlier the Lambo driver might have swerved out for the Golf. At 200Km/h swerving out for another car has a high probability of getting the mid-engined Lambo to snap-spin, in which case the driver would have 0 control over the car.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers