World Destruction (First Impressions)

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
larch

World Destruction (First Impressions)

Post by larch »

World Destruction focuses on Kirie Irunisu a young man who secretly possesses the power to destroy the world. He is forced to join a party that aims not to save the world, but to eradicate it and start anew. The show also features a young heroine named Morute Ashera, who also plays a big role in the series next to Kirie Irunisu. Based off Sega’s recently announced sword & sorcery fantasy RPG called: “World Destruction” for the Nintendo DS, which will be released mid July. The Anime adaptation is directed by Shunsuke Tada, who recently directed Production IG’s Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations OVA series amongst others.

I have been following the development of the series for some time now, and yesterday I managed to download and watch the first episode. Since it was produced my Production I.G I was expecting something serious and epic in nature. But I was totally caught off guard by World Destruction, as it was the complete opposite of what I was expecting. Not that it is a bad thing mind you, but I am very unaccustomed to I.G producing which seems to be a light hearted fantasy action show.

The story starts off with Morute Ashera a member of the “World Destruction Committee” trying to get some lunch from a popular inn, while trying to avoid the authorities since she is a wanted person with her face on wanted posters all over the town. While ordering her lunch she bumps into a waiter Kirie Irunisu, who is posing as an otherkin so that he has a place to stay and a job. This just happens as the “World Saviour Committee” barges in to capture Morute Ashera, and thus there adventure starts.

Like I stated before I was expecting something more serious and epic in nature, since it is Production I.G after all and the trailers posted was pretty misleading not that this is a bad thing. As it seems this show has some really good potential going for it, and judging something by the first episode is not my style. There is still 12 episodes to go since it is going to be a 13 episode series. And there is a lot of space for character development, as we see hints of this as they tease us with some flashbacks of Morute Ashera’s past.

It has been awhile since I have watched a good solid fantasy series, as they are far and few in between, and I am hoping that World Destruction will fill that gap for me. As there is a lot of untapped potential going for this show, but we will have to see where they take it after episode one as it is still early days. The animation sequences and fighting scenes is top notch and wonderfully animated as we come to expect from Production I.G. The colors are bright and bold, which fits the fantasy setting of the Anime perfectly.

And every fantasy adventure series needs a epic soundtrack to accompany it, and World Destruction delivers in this department. With epic like fantasy adventure type music, not to mention the opening theme song consists of male vocals this time around. A nice change from the usual female vocals we get in all the shows these days, and it is a rather catchy tune at that.

I enjoyed the first episode of World Destruction, it is not in the same class as the current shows I am currently following, but I think it will be a highly entertaining show giving it some time. And will make for something good to watch while waiting for the other shows I am currently watching to finish.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

wow....looks entertaining...

I think ill pick this up :P
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

I don't know... larch I looked this up the first time I saw you mentioning it and found lots of oke's hyping this show. I was also thinking this is going to be one kickass show but now... a world overrun by, ... ... ... cats... and ... ... ... teddybear toons...

I'm going to be honest, not my cup of tea. Chance of me watching this at current (saw enough screenshots of first episode) = 0.1%.

I'll wait to see what guys are saying midway into the show. I was also expecting something more serious from Production IG.
larch

Post by larch »

Rayne wrote:I don't know... larch I looked this up the first time I saw you mentioning it and found lots of oke's hyping this show. I was also thinking this is going to be one kickass show but now... a world overrun by, ... ... ... cats... and ... ... ... teddybear toons...

I'm going to be honest, not my cup of tea. Chance of me watching this at current (saw enough screenshots of first episode) = 0.1%.

I'll wait to see what guys are saying midway into the show. I was also expecting something more serious from Production IG.
Onepiece and Bleach have teddy bears in them not to mention Air and Kanon and no one complains. I will rather watch it myself than take someone else's word for it. :P

This is only the first episode and I think there is a load of untapped potential here. So I will get it on a weekly basis since I am only getting 3 shows anyway.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Nothing wrong with cats!!!! Image The teddybears will be different :P

It looks like it will have some funny moments in it as well as some action? :D
Last edited by PsyCLown on 14 Jul 2008, 16:32, edited 1 time in total.
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
larch

Post by larch »

PsyCLown wrote:Nothing wrong with cats!!!! [/img]http://www.bitfarm.co.za/pic//smilies/w00t.gif[/img] The teddybears will be different :P

It looks like it will have some funny moments in it as well as some action? :D
Actually the "teddy bear" kicks some serious bottom :P