Live Action 20th Century Boys

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
larch

Live Action 20th Century Boys

Post by larch »

Growing older is pretty rough and Kenji is finding out just how hard it can be as life starts wearing down on him. On top of trying to make ends meet running a convenience store he has to care for the niece that his missing sister left in his care. Memories of youth make it easier, until those memories come back to haunt him. Kenji and his old friends are slowly being drawn into a mysterious conspiracy that could threaten the world. Who is the mysterious “Friend” and how does he tie into Kenji’s youth.

Why are there disappearances and deaths tied into Ochanomizu University. Their memories hold the keys to the puzzle, but time and age have clouded their minds. The strange occurrences and the reach of the “Friend” conspiracy grow by the day. It will all culminate on New Year’s Eve 2000. Will Kenji and the others be able to put together the puzzle and save the world.

I think I need a new pair of underwear, I have been a fan of the 20th Century Boys Manga for ages. And now Yukihiko Tsutsumi is adapting this acclaimed manga into a live action movie. About a man who realizes that a deadly cult is threatening the world. And that the person behind this cult has ties to his past. Judging from the website and the trailer they are putting a lot of work into this, and I for one cannot wait to see this.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM4ckkcr1WU