Xenophobic attacks

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
SilverBack

Xenophobic attacks

Post by SilverBack »

Anyone been following this? Watched Carte Blanche last night....hectic! They saying anyone who is not Zulu does not belong in South Africa. Well....that irritates me...I as born here. I am South African. So what now...Im white, not a Zulu....they gonna chase me out? :evil:

Scary stuff :(
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
Hire A Programmer -|- Just Source Code Blog
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

quick question...

why is this drama being referred to as "xenophobic" in place of the preferred term "racist"?...

oh.. wait... that's because both the antogonists and the victims are black... so now it can't be racist.... surely...

got to love spin-doctoring... that the 'independent' media are using this term is a strong indicator of how 'impartial' it is... :roll:

frankly, as shocking as it may be to some, this is africa - a country with a strong addiction to tribalism. this country is a good 100/200 years away from kicking the habit...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Its sick whats going on
SilverBack

Post by SilverBack »

You make a good point rusty
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
Hire A Programmer -|- Just Source Code Blog
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Because the immigrants are taking their jobs. Haha, lol, roflcopter and what have you.

When you offer them work, they are to lazy to do it, and now they complain when you give immigrants the work they don't want to do. :roll:
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

I am not surprised what is happening.. It was coming for a long time..
Worship

Post by Worship »

rustypup wrote:quick question...

why is this drama being referred to as "xenophobic" in place of the preferred term "racist"?...

oh.. wait... that's because both the antogonists and the victims are black... so now it can't be racist.... surely...
Rusty at first everyone including the police believed the attacks were restricted to foreigners thus "Xenophobia" was deemed. However only recently has it been confirmed its a whole tribal thing but a name for it has been given hence they will keep to it as its recognized.

Everyone knows we have lots of foreigners legal and illegal. While I can understand their frustration at not having jobs, a lot of them lack the initiative to go find some. Its true foreigners are straining what ever little aid there is to those areas, but its a whole case of "My life is bad, its not my fault I can't blame the white man anymore, lets get someone else"

The goverment has let this happen its their fault. Patrol borders properly, register people or deport them. Those Pakistani guys and others I saw who were attacked who do legitimate hard working jobs, those people deserve to be here not those complaining but not finding jobs or those illegal immigrants. Ah well as usual the powers that be say we don't condone the attacks but its not our fault...
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Worship wrote:Those Pakistani guys and others I saw who were attacked
Please fill me in on this.

I was not aware this was not just restricted to the so-called kwere-kwere's.

What happened there?

While I myself have been tempted to beat up some of those Pakistani guys who stand on the road hocking bootlegged DVD's, I was not aware legally working Pakistanis were the targets of these attacks.
cYcLIc

Post by cYcLIc »

Viewer Discretion. It's relatively graphic.

http://multimedia.thetimes.co.za/photos ... s-of-hate/

People are sick.
◕ PhenomII X4 955 BE
◕ ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
◕ XFX 9800GT
◕ 2 x 2GB Corsaire XMS3 DDR3-1333
◕ Gigabyte Odin 550w
◕ Windows 7 Ultimate x64
PaperCut

Post by PaperCut »

I for one, think all this violence against foreigners is totally unnecesary.

It's not like all the millions of immigrants will suddenly all run back home for safety or whatever. Chances are most of them have already started making a relatively comfortable living within our borders. So the likelihood of all of them suddenly packing everything up and heading back to they homelands.

We all know how huge the influx of foreigners (Zimbabweans esp.) has been over the past few months.

For these lazy South Africans to wanna blame them for "taking their jobs" is total ****. I mean, you can't tell me these foreign people only offer 100% of their services to their own "kind". Most of the people that use the internet cafe's, the salons, the public phones etc. are South African.
IMO they are simply being blamed for thinking beyond being a taxi driver.
Last edited by PaperCut on 19 May 2008, 12:46, edited 1 time in total.
/. Image /. Image /. Image /. Image /.
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

Hman wrote: When you offer them work, they are to lazy to do it, and now they complain when you give immigrants the work they don't want to do. :roll:
This is not exactly true and its reminiscent of a stereotypical racist mindset where "they are black therefor lazy" prevails.

Come now. Just because there are some lazy people in the world doesn't make the whole race lazy.
Worship

Post by Worship »

jamin_za wrote:

What happened there?

While I myself have been tempted to beat up some of those Pakistani guys who stand on the road hocking bootlegged DVD's, I was not aware legally working Pakistanis were the targets of these attacks.
I heard it on the news the other day I will try and find a source for you.
cYcLIc

Post by cYcLIc »

Worship wrote:
jamin_za wrote:

What happened there?

I heard it on the news the other day I will try and find a source for you.
It's in today's and yesterdays papers.
◕ PhenomII X4 955 BE
◕ ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
◕ XFX 9800GT
◕ 2 x 2GB Corsaire XMS3 DDR3-1333
◕ Gigabyte Odin 550w
◕ Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Worship

Post by Worship »

I came across this link just now while trying to find a source for Jamin. Its 2 months old, different area but embodies the exact same principles.

http://www.nerve.in/news:253500127504

What the hell is up with these people...
PhReaK_K

Post by PhReaK_K »

Just shows the mindset and primitive mindset of the majority (not all) of uneducated blacks in this country. And freighting enough, they are also the majority voting public. . .

And look at what the people got arrested for, yea there was a couple of xenophobic attacks, but from the 260 arrests, most were of armed robbery, shoplifting, vandalism. This is just another excuse to vandalize and steal. Following on the example set by all the COSATO marches. pfffft ..

Yes even Kongregate thinks I am 1337 !!!
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

cYcLIc wrote:Viewer Discretion. It's relatively graphic.

http://multimedia.thetimes.co.za/photos ... s-of-hate/

People are sick.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
PypLaCe

Post by PypLaCe »

This is just another excuse for them to be able to run around in the streets and break sh@! down and kill a few people...

Its just like when something else goes wrong, eg when trains or busses are late, they go and burn some coaches or a bus or two down (if there are people inside its a bonus for them).

There is no thinking behind this. Just stupidity.
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

It looks like they think the most effective may of solving the immigration problem is to kill the immigrants and scare others off coming to SA instead of approaching government and requesting they do something about it (and I know government is not respected by a couple of people here but if the majority wanted them doing this they'd have to follow)

EDIT: I haven't really worded this well but I hope everyone gets my point
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
Hman

Post by Hman »

maxxis wrote:
Hman wrote: When you offer them work, they are to lazy to do it, and now they complain when you give immigrants the work they don't want to do. :roll:
This is not exactly true and its reminiscent of a stereotypical racist mindset where "they are black therefor lazy" prevails.

Come now. Just because there are some lazy people in the world doesn't make the whole race lazy.
I'm not being racist, I'm seeing it each and every day where I live, even in my workplace.

ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Scary stuff this! 8O
PhReaK_K

Post by PhReaK_K »

Monty wrote:
Oh we get it, and I do agree that there is a lot of people that think goverment is a bout as usefull as bananna flavourd hair spray, but that would have been the correct rout to follow. at least try that option, if it does not work then do the vigelanty thing. Note I said vigilante thing and not mindless criminal spree.
vig·i·lan·te
2. any person who takes the law into his or her own hands, as by avenging a crime.
–adjective

muffinman

Post by muffinman »

Monty wrote:It looks like they think the most effective may of solving the immigration problem is to kill the immigrants and scare others off coming to SA instead of approaching government and requesting they do something about it (and I know government is not respected by a couple of people here but if the majority wanted them doing this they'd have to follow)

i dont think the government can control the situation. the police force has stated that they cannot control the angry mobs because of sheer numbers. now what will america do in this situation? they will call out the national guard, right? now i believe our fearless president said, he has every bit of confidence in our police force to control the situation. 10 gajillion points to Mr. Mbeki
Last edited by muffinman on 19 May 2008, 13:36, edited 1 time in total.
PhReaK_K

Post by PhReaK_K »

Hman wrote:
maxxis wrote:

I'm not being racist, I'm seeing it each and every day where I live, even in my workplace.
mmmm, HMAN never mentioned race. . . so tou MAXXIS made the assumption that when reffering to "lazy" people, it must be a referance to black people. who is the racist here ??

PhReaK_K

Post by PhReaK_K »

EDIT : Double post..
Last edited by PhReaK_K on 19 May 2008, 13:42, edited 1 time in total.

Hman

Post by Hman »

PhReaK_K wrote:mmmm, HMAN never mentioned race. . . so tou MAXXIS made the assumption that when reffering to "lazy" people, it must be a referance to black people. who is the racist here ??
Well, I did not mention who it was aimed at but, I thought it was rather obvious I aimed it at the perpetrators in these attacks.