How Turbos work ,the math and tech behind it.

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Maplassie_GTR

Post by Maplassie_GTR »

THen you call me and we go have some fun. I got 2 brand Dunlop Slicks I wanna test out a bit 8) 8)
fiber-optics

Post by fiber-optics »

for everyone who has read this post what yall have mentioned about intercooler yall are wrong what the intercooler does is it cools your oil down this is because your pistons are going to get more hot under the pressure which is the boost on you turbo bar . now in simple terms is your piston uses oil to keep cool so the more friction the more hot the oil so thats why you get an intercooler .

And water is use to cool your valves

So in simple terms is that ... Dude if you really wanna turbo charge your car please get your head gas flowed and pressure test by engineers so then they can put your head under more strain and make it strong for you not to F**K up your engine and what gas flowing does is reduces heat on the engine which mean cooler

any other questions please ask hope i was help

EDIT intercooler is also for keeping the air cool but it's most important for oil
Last edited by fiber-optics on 14 May 2008, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.
fiber-optics

Post by fiber-optics »

oh and if you getting a turbo please go and get yourself a fuel management system and upgrade your injectors because if you upgrade your air flow you gotta upgrade your fuel flow also

because what it means is that when you set CO's (air fuel ration) it will be more air then fuel and this will make your car perform much slower more air then fuel being burnt so your fuel needs to be a lil bit more than your air consumption if you going to want some kick @s$ speed
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

fiber-optics wrote:for everyone who has read this post what yall have mentioned about intercooler yall are wrong what the intercooler does is it cools your oil down this is because your pistons are going to get more hot under the pressure which is the boost on you turbo bar . now in simple terms is your piston uses oil to keep cool so the more friction the more hot the oil so thats why you get an intercooler .

So in simple terms is that ... Dude if you really wanna turbo charge your car please get your head gas flowed and pressure test by engineers so then they can put your head under more strain and make it strong for you not to F**K up your engine and what gas flowing does is reduces heat on the engine which mean cooler

Dude, you act like you know everything, but you say you're running over a 13:1 cr. Seriously.

1. Google intercooler. It's a charge cooler. A freaking AIR cooler. An oil cooler is something entirely different.

2. Your pistons and internals only get hotter because of the increase cr, nothing to do with the turbo. The fuel should always ignite at the same temperature at a specified pressure.

3. Water is not used to cool your valves, it's used to cool the block in most cases, why is the cam housing always filled with oil?

4. Your head does not need to be gf'd to run a turbo, but the fueling will need to be adjusted.

5. Go find an English tutor.
fiber-optics

Post by fiber-optics »

I34z1k wrote:
fiber-optics wrote:for everyone who has read this post what yall have mentioned about intercooler yall are wrong what the intercooler does is it cools your oil down this is because your pistons are going to get more hot under the pressure which is the boost on you turbo bar . now in simple terms is your piston uses oil to keep cool so the more friction the more hot the oil so thats why you get an intercooler .

Dude, you act like you know everything, but you say you're running over a 13:1 cr. Seriously.

1. Google intercooler. It's a charge cooler. A freaking AIR cooler. An oil cooler is something entirely different.

2. Your pistons and internals only get hotter because of the increase cr, nothing to do with the turbo. The fuel should always ignite at the same temperature at a specified pressure.

3. Water is not used to cool your valves, it's used to cool the block in most cases, why is the cam housing always filled with oil?

4. Your head does not need to be gf'd to run a turbo, but the fueling will need to be adjusted.

5. Go find an English tutor.
yeah thats why you should come on the line and i will take your car of you hands

EDIT

you only use google why don't you come and see who does engine building
Last edited by fiber-optics on 14 May 2008, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

fiber-optics wrote:yeah thats why you should come on the line and i will take your car of you hands
HAHAHAHA!!
fiber-optics wrote:you only use google why don't you come and see who does engine building
I REALLY doubt that you'll be able to build anything ;)
fiber-optics

Post by fiber-optics »

WiK1d wrote:
fiber-optics wrote:yeah thats why you should come on the line and i will take your car of you hands
HAHAHAHA!!
fiber-optics wrote:you only use google why don't you come and see who does engine building
I REALLY doubt that you'll be able to build anything ;)
ask douglash dude he will tell you about the cars we owned and who did them up for racing
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

If i want my car screwed up, i'll give it to you. But for now, i wouldn't trust you with a hot wheels toy.

About the engine building comment, obviously not you Cause you're an idiot :)
fiber-optics

Post by fiber-optics »

I34z1k wrote:If i want my car screwed up, i'll give it to you. But for now, i wouldn't trust you with a hot wheels toy.

yeah i'm an idiot an your an A$shole
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

fiber-optics wrote:
I34z1k wrote:If i want my car screwed up, i'll give it to you. But for now, i wouldn't trust you with a hot wheels toy.

Well it's a proven fact that he is. So, idiot :)
fiber-optics

Post by fiber-optics »

WiK1d wrote:
fiber-optics wrote:

Well it's a proven fact that he is. So, idiot :)
never came here to be flamed but if yall wanna i don't mind
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

Yea well i guess I'm known for that. At least i know what i talk about. You just blab rubbish, and it has been proven before. Why don't you go mount a vr6 head to your block you noob.

Now stop spammin the thread.
fiber-optics

Post by fiber-optics »

I34z1k wrote:Yea well i guess I'm known for that. At least i know what i talk about. You just blab rubbish, and it has been proven before. Why don't you go mount a vr6 head to your block you noob.

Now stop spammin the thread.
do you even know how many valves and pistons a vr6 has

oh wait go google it and tell me
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

I do, do you even know it won't fit? Lol. Not to mention the staggering.
fiber-optics

Post by fiber-optics »

it won't fit because there is 6 pistons and 12 12 valves or you get 10 10 it all depends on how many pistons you block has
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

Not to mention it's in a vr formation :roll: :roll: :roll:
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

What the hell are you guys blabbering on about? Screw the golf, switch the turbo for a vtec. nuff said. :P
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

Thank you.

VTEC kicked in yo!!!!
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Bah, fear the power of a two stroke powerband :P
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

EDIT intercooler is also for keeping the air cool but it's most important for oil
I wont even ask you where to switch a car on.

An intercooler is used to cool air down. Show me a single oil line on an intercooler and you can have my car. Ill even wash it for you.

Secondly a gas flow will not help to increase the strength on a head its used to increase and optimise the air flow into the chambers of an engine if done in conjunction with a proper port and polish. Its not done by enigeers either. Its called an engineering works. These guys don't really have engineering degrees. Oh and Santa Claus and the tooth fairy don't really exist either.

Valves are not Intel CPUs. Oil is used not water.

Who told you all this *****.
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

Dude, thank you. Remember, Fiber Optics is also the guy that needed a CO2 reader to tune his car which had a compression ratio of 13:1. LOL!
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

So true.

MSN quick
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

13:1 CR is HOT. ROFL
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Speaking of compression ratio's, this is what I don't get...

My friend had a golf mark I, with a new 1.8 polo motor. He upped the compression ratio to about 12.3:1, which resulted in severe premature detonation, forcing him to retard the timing on the dizzy, and he had to use octane booster.

Now the new Suzuki Hayabusa has a standard CR of 12.5:1, and runs on normal 95 unleaded, without any timing retardation or octane booster, and absolutely no premature detonation or any other unwanted effects.

Just exactly what's going on there?
Frozenfireside

Post by Frozenfireside »

My 2c

My dad has a twin turbo supra (old old school model_) and my mom has the Volvo V70 T5. They both are good but for different reasons. The Volvo is a better car over all plus it does 14 to the 100 compared to the 17 of my dads...yeah the fuel bill is quite long.

I love turbos!
Soon Google will know everything...including how to divide by zero :(