Reboot Revival

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
larch

Reboot Revival

Post by larch »

Yes it is official Reboot one of my favorite animated TV shows of all time is being revived by Rainmaker Animation, into multiple movies and a comic.! I’ve been a reboot fan since the VERY beginning and I cant wait to see what Rainmaker Animation is going to do with the awesome franchise. But when it comes down to it, more than anything the cliff hanger must be finished up, so that we can get closure on the series. After that they can always start making changes to the show but just as long as all the regulars are there i.e. Dot, Bob, Matrix, Andraia, Mouse, even Ray then I will be a happy fanboy.

I’m just not sure what the target audience is going to be for the new movies and comics though, maybe the old fans and adult. Or maybe a new generation of fans all together. I think that with the new technology, it would be possible to make ReBoot more life-like while still retaining everything about the characters that we know and love but only time will tell I guess.

While doing research for this piece I came apon a very sad piece of news the voice actor Tony Jay who portrayed the Elder God from Legacy of Kain and was also a voice in World of Warcraft, Fallout and The Bard’s Tale — finally succumbed after a long illness brought upon by microsurgery for a non-cancerous tumor in his lungs.
Tony Jay was one of the most recognizable voices in gaming. That you never realized you recognized it was why Tony Jay was such a great voice actor. What a shame.

This is really some sad news his voice acting was superb especially in Reboot as the voice of Megabyte, I hope they get someone of the same caliber to replace him as Megabytes voice but it will never be the same without him. Rest in peace Tony you will be missed greatly.

Here is all the information that I could find on the net regarding the developments of the new movie and comic book series, it also contains some information about the original series for those of us who forgot about it. And also to refresh your memories since the show is already 14 years old (1994), I can believe it has been that long already I feel like a old man. LOL! On a side note I discovered the Reboot website had a countdown timer counting down to something, to what I am wandering. http://www.reboot.com/

About:

ReBoot is a Canadian CGI-animated action-adventure television series that originally aired from 1994 to 2001. It was produced by Vancouver-based production company, Mainframe Entertainment, and created by Gavin Blair, Ian Pearson, Phil Mitchell and John Grace, with the visuals designed by Brendan McCarthy. Following its aquisition by the Rainmaker Income Fund in 2006 Mainframe Entertainment was renamed Rainmaker Animaton.

In 2007, Rainmaker then announced plans to create a trilogy of ReBoot films with illustrator/animator Daniel Allen as the lead character designer. Rainmaker Animation executive vice president Paul Gertz stated, “ReBoot’s legions of fans have been incredibly loyal and continue to keep the property alive on dozens of fan sites.

Plot synopsis:

ReBoot was highly episodic, with each installment being a self-contained episode. Most of the episodes established characters, locations, and story elements, such as the gigantic “Game Cubes”. When “The User” loads a game, a Game Cube drops on a random location in Mainframe, sealing it off from the rest of the system and turning it into a “gamescape”.

Bob frequently enters the games, “Reboots” to become a game character, and fights the User’s character to save the sector. If the User wins a game, the sector the Cube fell in is destroyed, and the Sprites and binomes who were caught within are turned into energy-draining, worm-like parasites called Nulls.

Revival:

Following its aquisition by the Rainmaker Income Fund in 2006 Mainframe Entertainment was renamed Rainmaker Animaton. In 2007, Rainmaker then announced plans to create a trilogy of ReBoot films with illustrator/animator Daniel Allen as the lead character designer. Rainmaker Animation executive vice president Paul Gertz stated, “ReBoot’s legions of fans have been incredibly loyal and continue to keep the property alive on dozens of fan sites.

In conjunction with the website Zeros 2 Heroes, Rainmaker announced an intention to allow fans greater access to the development of the movie plans and also in development of a ReBoot webcomic. Fans were given the chance to submit their own art and designs, with the potential to end up as an artist on the project, and their feedback ensured which one of five ReBoot pitches won.

The winning pitch:

The winning pitch was ReBoot: “Arrival”. Rainmaker will monitor feedback for the comic but may not use it as the basis for their movie plans. Four ReBoot fans have been chosen to work as artists on the Arrival comic. According to the pitch at the Zeroes2Heroes website, Megabyte’s Hunt has developed into a Net-wide war so pervasive even other Viruses are united against it.

The Users have gone, spending their time in an unending MMORPG Game. A sentient System named Gnosis is created as a way to stop Megabyte, but goes rogue and begins enslaving Systems in its attempt to gain User-like powers. Two teams of heroes are assembled to stop Gnosis and bring back the Users, which will include new characters and a one-off character named Lens the Codemaster, from Season 2.

http://larcho.wordpress.com/2008/05/10/reboot-revival/
maestro_za

Post by maestro_za »

Much like any remake, only time will tell on the merits of the new one.

I was a fan of it too, in my "younger" days :lol:
Owner @ Quick Flow IT
Xbox 360 Services

PC: In need of an upgrade :)
Nostalg1a

Post by Nostalg1a »

I LOVED this when i was small!!!!!
watched it everyday !!! :D
zerubabel

Post by zerubabel »

Reboot was awesome back in the day :D
Fut Fut Fut Freestailo!
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

reboot to the head?
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

i loved that show!!!
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
Nostalg1a

Post by Nostalg1a »

boot to the head !?!? :D
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

WiK1d wrote:reboot to the head?
:sign5: That was AWESOME! :lol: Deserves its own thread.
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

D3PART3D wrote:
WiK1d wrote:reboot to the head?
:sign5: That was AWESOME! :lol: Deserves its own thread.
And indeed it has.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

I always miss the cool stuff. :(

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
Hman

Post by Hman »

:lol:

larch

Post by larch »

maestro_za wrote:Much like any remake, only time will tell on the merits of the new one.

I was a fan of it too, in my "younger" days :lol:
Exact same company who did original just under a different name.
neosephiroth
Permanently Banned

Post by neosephiroth »

enzo and andrea are good characters when matured (elder) but please kill bob oh and the series....it was good as first generation cgi series in da 90s . now it awful gfx
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

OMW...
D3PART3D wrote:Dude, are you going to necro every anime thread you find :?:
I guess so. :roll:

- Elon Musk
IcePick88

Post by IcePick88 »

It's funny. If I sit in front of the TV and switch to cartoon network or something, all the cartoons of today are boring. They don't catch my eye at all. Stuff like reboot, transformers (the old gen), biker mice from mars ect, they were all classic well made cartoons! I'm glad I grew up in that era of cartoons!
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 (OC'ed to 3.8Ghz)
CPU Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 P/P
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD5850
Motherboard: Asus M4A785T-M
Memory: 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333
Case: Zalman Z7
Display: Samsung Syncmaster 2243BWX
Hman

Post by Hman »

D3PART3D wrote:OMW...
D3PART3D wrote:Dude, are you going to necro every anime thread you find :?:
I guess so. :roll:
It's not that old.

PaperCut

Post by PaperCut »

IcePick88 wrote:It's funny. If I sit in front of the TV and switch to cartoon network or something, all the cartoons of today are boring. They don't catch my eye at all. Stuff like reboot, transformers (the old gen), biker mice from mars ect, they were all classic well made cartoons! I'm glad I grew up in that era of cartoons!
+1

Captain Planet FTFW! :P
/. Image /. Image /. Image /. Image /.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

YAY - I never knew. I shall wait with anticipation :lol:
Firestrm_ZA
Deliciously Moist Cake
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5950X
Motherboard: ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
Graphics card: EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
Memory: 32GB 3600 G-Skill Trident Z RGB

Post by Firestrm_ZA »

I miss REBOOT... lol in my younger days it was a great escape from the homework etc... still it was a good series...

Larch. 1000 forum points for your info. :)
https://carbonite.co.za - CUD central 8)
neosephiroth
Permanently Banned

Post by neosephiroth »

i grew up on robotech transformers ghost in the shell...and gi joe ( hybrid jap usa) also heeman, tmnt
IcePick88

Post by IcePick88 »

PaperCut wrote: Captain Planet FTFW! :P
Oh yeah!!! Captain Planet!! How Can I forget!

Fire, Wind, Water, Earth!!!!
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 (OC'ed to 3.8Ghz)
CPU Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 P/P
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD5850
Motherboard: Asus M4A785T-M
Memory: 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333
Case: Zalman Z7
Display: Samsung Syncmaster 2243BWX
neosephiroth
Permanently Banned

Post by neosephiroth »

eerr icepick you fogot heart ... was dat intentional...>> heart was beyond lame wtf was dat shrimps power...dr doo very little?
terminator2

Post by terminator2 »

:D I love reboot :D Remake is going to be so kool ,think im goin to watch all the episodes again, I think the 90s CGI gave it an awesum look that made it what it was, hope with the new Tech that they dont overkill it and try to keep the Reboot essence...

WARNING: Incoming Game.... 8) I love that line...

REBOOT!!! :lol:
thEnaileDonE

Post by thEnaileDonE »

Reboot rocks!
If you are at your Wits End...
Severed Fifth - Changing the way the music industry works, one song at a time!