Blade of the Immortal

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Ahzure

Blade of the Immortal

Post by Ahzure »

Title: Blade of the Immortal
Mangaka: Hiroaki Samura.
Genre: Adventure, horror (Seinen)
Plot Summary: Manji is an amoral swordsman, who has been cursed with eternal life. He has grown tired of living with all the death he has created. He has no skills other then those of killing, thus he forms a plan to regain his mortality: he shall kill one hundred evil men for each good one he has killed. The old witch who afflicted Manji with immortality agrees to Manji's proposition and Manji is set on his path to kill one thousand evil men. On his journey he meets a young girl, Rin, who has her own vengeance to seek against the sword school whose members slaughtered Rin's family. Rin and Manji journey together, each hoping to find some kind of peace. In their way are many varied enemies. Rin and Manji are almost constantly under attack and must learn to live their lives, avoiding being consumed by revenge.

Anime adaptation
The May issue of Kodansha's Monthly Afternoon magazine will confirm that a television anime version of Hiroaki Samura's Blade of the Immortal manga will premiere this summer in Japan. Tomokazu Seki (Escaflowne's Van, Gungrave's Beyond the Grave) will voice the main character Manji.
Rina Satou (Negima!'s Negi, Bamboo Blade's Satori) will play Manji's fellow traveler Rin.

I’ve read 3 volumes of the manga and based on that I’d put right up there with Berserk. As much as I like Naruto and Bleach I yearn for something more mature to watch/enjoy. So other than Golgo 13 this looks to be the only upcoming Seinen title out there. I’ll start praying in hope the anime is not watered down or if it’s edited for TV we can at least expect an uncut/unedited DVD release
Rules that an Evil Overlord must live by!

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Starts the 27th.

I have high hopes for this as most the other shows which started this month are really a waste of time.

Then again, Noir aside, the production company aren't known for their exceptional anime, so it's probably wishfull thinking.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

You could’ve knocked me over with a feather when I heard the news about the anime series, that's how stunned I was. I understand that for years Hiroaki Samura has refused to let his work be animated, wonder what/who changed his mind
Rules that an Evil Overlord must live by!

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
Rayne

Re: Blade of the Immortal

Post by Rayne »

/ Dropped.