Eureka 7 Movie Announced

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
larch

Eureka 7 Movie Announced

Post by larch »

The April issue of Kadokawa Shoten’s Newtype magazine has officially announced that an Eureka Seven movie has been approved for production by Studio Bones. Kenichi Yoshida (Overman King Gainer), and special effects director Yasushi Muraki (Ah! My Goddess: The Movie, The Skull Man) will reportedly return to animate the new movie with new mecha and character design. And reportedly a new form of story telling for the plot/story of the Eureka 7 movie. Although the creators are promising a new Eureka Seven story it will still feature Renton and Eureka from the original tv series.

Seems like it will be a brand new story featuring the characters and concepts from the series. Not really retelling, or a sequel, but rather a re imagining. The prospect of LFO combat animation with a movie budget is going to be made of epic and win. I think it is going to be like the Escaflowne movie, where they rework the premise and characters into a different version of the story.

Now that I have put on a clean pair of underwear and calmed down a bit let us return to the regular programming. LOL!

http://larcho.wordpress.com/2008/04/18/ ... announced/
FluffKing

Post by FluffKing »

I thought they said a brand new Mythos, set in the Eureka Seven universe, but still starring Renton and Eureka.

I assumed any movie would be about the two kids on the final DVD case (They're actually Renton/Eurekas twin children -but of course they never appeared in the series)
PM for details