The gadget thread.

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Re: The gadget thread.

Post by Tribble »

What a waste!
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

Nah, it's only Bud. At least they finally found a use for it. Now if it were Amstel, sure, I'd say it's a waste.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

I find any beer that is undrinkable a waste.
qwiksilva666

Post by qwiksilva666 »

Tribble wrote:I find any beer that is undrinkable a waste.
you sure youre not a guy? :wink:
~~*Head of the Druidic Council of the Pride of Darkness*~~
AMD PhenomII X4 955
M4N98TD-EVO
ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP
8GB Corsair XMS
Antec TP 750W
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

qwiksilva666 wrote:
Tribble wrote:I find any beer that is undrinkable a waste.
you sure youre not a guy? :wink:
Oh very sure :lol: :lol: :lol:
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

Just caught my eye and deserves an honorable mention: :lol:
Anyone who visits the Osaka area knows takoyaki, the fluffy octopus balls made on the streets and sold at festivals. Good Takoyaki is a source of pride, and it’s difficult to make on your own, but the Takoyaki Factory Ton Ton just makes it look so easy!
Spoiler (show)
The thoughts of endless possibilities that entered my mind are nsfw, so let the pictures speak for themselves. :twisted:
The F01 and F02 industrial inspection borescopes use advanced flexible fiber optics and a sleek, compact design to make your inspections as simple and high-quality as possible.
Both models offer waterproof capabilities on the tube and tip, making it easy and hassle-free to inspect inside hard to see areas with moisture.

btw, the price tag on this one is US $3,378 :shock:
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

Image Image Image Image

Each key is a OLED display that you configure via software to be whatever you want it to be.
Each key is a stand-alone display that shows the function currently assigned to it.

Optimus’s customizable layout allows convenient use of any language—Cyrillic, Ancient Greek, Georgian, Arabic, Quenya, hiragana, etc.—as well as of any other character set: notes, numerals, special symbols, HTML codes, math functions and so on to infinity.
Source
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Synthesis wrote:Post about Optimus
Wow, have you been living under a rock? :P

This keyboard was announced almost four years ago, and was released just over a year ago ;)
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

I'm happy under my little rock so leave me alone. :oops:
Anyway, maybe like me, a few others also didn't know about it. Thanks for flaming me and pointing it out though. :P

I'll wait a bit for the concept optimus tactus to be released.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

synthia lives on the outer edge of reality. we in the spam thread have opted to leave him where he is. we think that bringing him into reality might irrevocably damage his mental state. more than it is already, damaged, that is. they only have a 56k connection out there, so he's a little slow. he's still amped for the release of independence day.
Firestrm_ZA
Deliciously Moist Cake
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5950X
Motherboard: ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
Graphics card: EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
Memory: 32GB 3600 G-Skill Trident Z RGB

Post by Firestrm_ZA »

Synthesis wrote:Image Image Image Image

Each key is a OLED display that you configure via software to be whatever you want it to be.
Each key is a stand-alone display that shows the function currently assigned to it.

Optimus’s customizable layout allows convenient use of any language—Cyrillic, Ancient Greek, Georgian, Arabic, Quenya, hiragana, etc.—as well as of any other character set: notes, numerals, special symbols, HTML codes, math functions and so on to infinity.
Source
sauce and it comes in at just over R12 000 :shock:

*edit* cheapskate for teh cheapskates :lol:
https://carbonite.co.za - CUD central 8)
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

The Brave Programmer wrote:Flash drives are like the new floppy disks. We have several, if not more scattered around the house and office. Not only is it a great way to transfer files and data, but it is increasingly becoming clear that it can be a valuable marketing tool. With companies creating different style flash drives to drive home their product. Here is the coolest flash drive you will ever see. It is a Transformer—Ravage flash drive that really transforms.

The transforming flash drive, which will hold up to 2gig of you transforming data, will only be available in September. Long after Transformers: The Revenge of the Fallen will be in the theaters. The Ravage Transformers USB Flash Drive comes with 2GB worth of storage, and is compatible with Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, and the Mac.

But getting one of these will make you the new cool kid on the block. But getting one will mean you will have to be the rich cool kid on the block. Estimating to retail at round about $43 US. This is probably meant for the avid sci-fi or transformer collector. For an extra $2 you can get the special collector packaged edition, meant to sit on a display shelf somewhere never to be used.

If you are a avid Transformer fan, and looking for some Transformer like gadgets to add to your vast collection. Why not look at the following. The Transformers USB flash drives comes with USB 2.0 technology and with 1GB (Autobot) and 2GB (Decepticon) of storage.

Autobot 1GB USB Flash Drive
Decepticon 2GB USB Flash Drive
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

I WANT this! :shock:
Smile Mr "Traffic Cop wanting a bribe".
Eagle CCTV wrote: Image

The E-M1DVR is a portable covert camera system for undercover video surveillance. Disguised as an everyday car alarm remote/keyfob, this unit hides a covert color camera and solid-state recorder with battery pack.

Price - R 2100.00
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

The NEC's new 43-inch curved LCD on sale July, featuring 2880 x 900 pixel resolution, it looks amazing! It will cost you $8,000! More specs: 200 cd/m² brightness, 0.02ms Rapid Response, 10,000:1 contrast ratio, Wide color gamut with 100% coverage of sRGB and 99.3% coverage of Adobe RGB, USB Ports, DVI-D and HDMI 1.3 input connectors.
I really really really really want one!!!
Prime

Post by Prime »

KeyLlama 2 Gigabyte USB KeyLogger

Amazing Source wrote: The smallest USB keylogger ever KeyLlama records everything typed on a USB keyboard. It is tiny in physical size but features massive storage at a breakthrough price. Absolutely no software is required and KeyLlama is completely invisible to any software. Regardless of the capacity all KeyLlama USB keyloggers are the smallest USB keyloggers in the world. Unlike some models that look similar these work with both low and full-speed USB Keyboards. Most newer USB keyboards operate at "full-speed." Most lower cost keyloggers do not work with full-speed keyboards. If they don't specifically state it will work it almost certainly won't.
:shock:
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

Acer Liquid A1

Specs

* 1GHz Snapdragon Processor – Fastest smartphone processor available
* WVGA Screen (800 x 480 resolution) – Most phone use half the resolution
* 3.5 inch Capacitive Touch Screen – Touch screen along with four flat, touch-sensitive buttons: home, back, menu and search
* 5MP Camera with auto focus and Geo-tagging – 5MP is all you really need and geo-tagging is a cool bonus
* HSPA Connectivity – 7.2Mbps Speeds High Speed Packet Access Internet Browsing
* Wifi Synching – Use your wifi connection to sync files between your computer and your Acer Liquid phone
* Android 1.6 Donut – The latest Android build that will finally have a good phone to shine on
* GPS: Internal GPS antenna
* Connectivity: Bluetooth® 2.0 with Enhanced Data Rate and A2DP for wireless stereo headsets. Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi ®: IEEE 802.11 b / g, 3.5 mm audio jack 3.5 mm audio jack
* Memory: ROM: 512 MB / RAM: 256 MB ROM
* Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz Quad-band GSM / GPRS / EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
* Battery: Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery. Capacity: 1350 mAh, Talk time: Up to 300 minutes Talk time: Up to 300 minutes, Standby time: Up to 400 hours. (The above are subject to network and phone usage)
* Dimensions (LxWxT): 115 x 62.5 x 12.5 mm 115 x 62.5 x 12.5 mm
* New UI including access to entertainment/bookmarks – Quick access to things you use most often
* Spinlets – Free music/video streaming that can be shared with friends/family through web/email
* Expansion Slot: microSD ™ memory card (SD 2.0 compatible)
* Social Network Integration… Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Picasa, Flickr, and other Social Media/Networks
* Weight: 135 grams with battery 135 grams with battery
* Comes in Red, White or Black
The Acer Liquid A1 release date will be on November 28

The Acer Liquid A1 price is only 380 euros or around 570 dollars

Source
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

^^^ I want ^^^
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Synthesis wrote:Image
The NEC's new 43-inch curved LCD on sale July, featuring 2880 x 900 pixel resolution, it looks amazing! It will cost you $8,000! More specs: 200 cd/m² brightness, 0.02ms Rapid Response, 10,000:1 contrast ratio, Wide color gamut with 100% coverage of sRGB and 99.3% coverage of Adobe RGB, USB Ports, DVI-D and HDMI 1.3 input connectors.
I really really really really want one!!!

Thats' so full of win, though it could be bigger (vertically). Must have for flight sims etc.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Monty wrote:^^^ I want ^^^
I concur.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
Prime

Post by Prime »

Hman, 21:9 aspect ratio. its actually cinema proportioned, rather than HD's 16:9 which is a bit of a bastardisation :)

http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/15/phil ... -9-lcd-tv/
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

doo_much wrote:I WANT this! :shock:
Eagle CCTV wrote: Image

The E-M1DVR is a portable covert camera system for undercover video surveillance. Disguised as an everyday car alarm remote/keyfob, this unit hides a covert color camera and solid-state recorder with battery pack.

Price - R 2100.00
I'm sorry? R2100 when they are like £7.99 on eBay? No thanks.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

WiK1d wrote:
doo_much wrote:I WANT this! :shock:

I'm sorry? R2100 when they are like £7.99 on eBay? No thanks.
Link please? That was a year ago...

Because they go as low as $1 on e=bay but I haven't been able to find anyone willing to ship to RSA. :?
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trks ... Categories

But, make sure you buy one of these that can take the micro-sd cards. I know a few guys who bought the ones with built in memory and after a while they started to fail. The ones with external memory are the most reliable. Most of those sellers also offer free postage to ZAR.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Thanks, I'll have a look.
MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey