Offroad Bikes anyone into it used to ?

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

Financing and insuring 2 bikes could end up being a little on the expensive side.

Already looking at about R1600 repayment on the 650. More shopping to be done first I guess.
Kennyisalive

Post by Kennyisalive »

that 650 are expensive but nice toys
Don't Click me
Forum Points:10018000
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

Hey Kennyidalive I like that idea, just need to sort some things out but when I'm sorted will PM you so we can go for a blast somewhere!

@maxxis, those Can-Am's are really good quads, the Renegade 800 is amazing (and has a price to match). What are you looking at doing with the quad though? Are you keen in putting some track time or more looking to get into bush/trail riding? The reason I ask is because you get 2 main types of Quads; Sport quads and utility Quads. The sport is much more suited to the tack and the Utilitys more suited to the bush or trails. It's not set in stone or anything and lots of guys do ride sport quads in the bush but personally I much prefer Utility quads. I worked at the Sani Pass hotel for 7 months and part of my job was taking guests on quad rides. The guests rode Honda 250cc utility quads while I could either ride a Honda TRX 450 R sport quad or a Honda Rincon (680cc, fuel injected, full auto, 4X4 or 4X2 mode, etc.) and I chose the Rincon EVERY time! So much nicer over the ruff stuff and didn't feel like you were going to flip it any second! Obviously it comes to personal preference so try see if you can also take a ride on a nice utility before deciding. Just something to consider.

But either way, when we do our ride you must also come, we'll do a PCF outride!!

Hey SBSP, Where the pics man????
Kennyisalive

Post by Kennyisalive »

Friggs wrote:Hey Kennyidalive I like that idea, just need to sort some things out but when I'm sorted will PM you so we can go for a blast somewhere!
Sure i also just need to get my damn bike back i sent it in for a services and thet still don't have all the parts so yeah i hope I get it back asap
Don't Click me
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

My Camera's charger is gone pooff with the wind,

Try to take sum soon.
Kennyisalive

Post by Kennyisalive »

Hey guys
Are you still keen on going riding one day? :lol:

Me and my mate are thinking about going tomorrow?
Don't Click me
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

Damn, I'm just trying to find a 1.8 sport corsa utility (damn near impossible, they are waaay to popular) to buy so I can actually get my bike to riding spots... Will hopefully be able to join in a few weeks. Enjoy it though!
BTW, where you gonna ride?

SBSP We still waiting for some pics dude :D
Kennyisalive

Post by Kennyisalive »

We have a nice trail close to my house where we go riding in the east of pretoria. or there's a track not far from where I live that we also go to that depends on what we feel like riding.
Don't Click me
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

My CRF230
Damn its sexy!!!!

:lol: :lol:
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

Friggs wrote:Damn, I'm just trying to find a 1.8 sport corsa utility (damn near impossible, they are waaay to popular) to buy so I can actually get my bike to riding spots... Will hopefully be able to join in a few weeks. Enjoy it though!
BTW, where you gonna ride?

SBSP We still waiting for some pics dude :D

Vw has these special deals on Polo's almost got one.
glad i still owe too much on my golf.

I'm also now looking at the corsa bakies.

:lol:
Kennyisalive

Post by Kennyisalive »

Nice SBSP

So when wil you show us what your baby can do?
Don't Click me
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

when ever i can move the damn thing around
Since i bought it its still not run in.

I probably have like a 30Min ride all together on it.

:oops:
Kennyisalive

Post by Kennyisalive »

okay we will be rinding this weekend and you should come along we can arrange transport
Don't Click me
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

Kennyisalive wrote:okay we will be rinding this weekend and you should come along we can arrange transport
Sounds good.

I really really want to do that, You going to think i' dont wana come.
My Brothers Bday and my dads on saturday in Middelburg this weekend is goin to be bit hectic. The Girlfriend also wants to learn ride on my quad this weekend so I might
take it with to middelburg.
Kennyisalive

Post by Kennyisalive »

You don't wane ride with us but it fine be that way...

Just kidding its all cool we will go the weekend after this one as wel so you can join us then
Don't Click me
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

Ive got 3K to spend.

My Uncle has a single bike trailer and wants to sell it for R2500.

or

I dont have kit, Should i buy boots and a pant ?

What to do what to do!!!!!

Argggg
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

You gotta get kit dude, everybody who rides dirt WILL fall sooner than later, some falls will be nothing, some will be a bit more hectic (like my fall when I broke my collar bone and ribs). The trailer sounds good but kit is a must imo. Maybe he can hang onto it for a bit? I'm fetching my bike next weekend so will be able to join kennyisalive in the next 2 or 3 weeks and will gladly come pick you and your bike up on the way.

EDIT: btw, nice pics man, looks awesome! so nice and clean... but not for long! :D
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

I Wana buy kit more than buying the trailer.

My uncle had the trailer for quite sometime and is not using it and i dont think he wants to sell it desperately. So i suppose he will hang onto it.
Hes one of those sneaky quick reacting on doing business kind of people, he bought the trailer for R400. :-(

So its going to be kit. Any idea what to buy, some people warned me about Fox ? What should i buy ?
Kennyisalive

Post by Kennyisalive »

I don't have any problems with Fox. so i would say its safe just to pricey. You can also look at Thor but again price. Fly, No Fear. I going to the shop in Centuroin nou I will have a look for you at wat is good to go for + price.. :lol:
Don't Click me
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

Kennyisalive wrote:I don't have any problems with Fox. so i would say its safe just to pricey. You can also look at Thor but again price. Fly, No Fear. I going to the shop in Centuroin nou I will have a look for you at wat is good to go for + price.. :lol:
I got some FLY Viper Boots.

for R1250, Think its a good deal.

Fox boots are damn good looking but R5600 for a pair.

Edit:::

GOOOD GOSH!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.bikesgalore.co.za/index.php? ... &Itemid=26

I was ripped off!!!!

Wont be doing business at Kawasaki Toy's in centurion again!!!

Edit Again.

Okay wait i guess i got it for a bargain.

Google managed to find archived stuff.
Kennyisalive

Post by Kennyisalive »

nice dude now the next thing is a chest plate.
Don't Click me
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

LOL!!

The price you paid is about right. If you are bored this weekend try WOA (Randburg) and Full Throttle (Edenvale) for the rest of your kit, the prices are normally pretty good. Also, Honda menlyn has a special on No Fear pants, jersey and gloves for summin like R850 (I stand corrected). No Fear isn't the brand but hey, imo unless you're riding professionally why spend thousands on the top stuff? I actually have a mix of kit, thor quadrant boots, No Fear pants and jersey, a pair of thor gloves and a pair of No Fear gloves, Vega helmet (will probably upgrade though) and Thor goggles.

I just bought myself a Fly folding loading ramp and a Fly service stand for my bike. Also got a camelbak hydration pack, you will get unbelievably thirsty while riding, esp in the heat.... although that aint a problem today!!!

I see you are in Centurion, Cent Yamaha has an awesome accessories department, bought my thor 50/50 boots from them for riding road last year and they had a tonne of kit to check out, go have a look.
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Who of you guys are hitting Masters of Dirt on 20/21 June 2008?
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

WiK1d wrote:Who of you guys are hitting Masters of Dirt on 20/21 June 2008?
I'll be there, VIP if they still have when i buy (need to triple check the schedule), probably going on Saturday. You?
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

I'm going, not sure which day though