To Love-Ru

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Ahzure

To Love-Ru

Post by Ahzure »

Title : To-LOVE-ru (to-ra-bu-ru, aka trouble in japanese)
Mangaka : Yabuki Kentarou
Genre : Romantic, comedy, fantasy, fan service

Rito Yūki a high school student lacks the courage to tell Haruna Sairenj the girl of his dreams how he feels about her. Well one night while soaking in the bathtub (and moaning about another opportunity he missed to confess ) a naked girl teleports into the bathtub. Her name is Lala and claims to be an alien from the planet Deviluke. Unfortunately Rito has very little time to take it all in because suddenly two goons appear apparently chasing Lala. Without a second thought Rito spirits Lala away and somehow happens to defeat the two goons. The following morning he can’t believe his luck as his runs into Haruna; well the previous evening’s experience has given him the courage to tell Haruna how he feels about her. He steps forward closes his eyes and tells her “Ever since I first set my eyes on you; I’ve been in love with you. Please go out with me” What Rito doesn’t know was that the moment he closed his eyes Lala suddenly appeared (teleported) in front of him, only when he opens his eyes does he realize his mistake but he’s shocked when Lala responds in kind by telling him she feels the same way and wants to get married; this is just the start of Rito’s problems….

Currently the manga is well over 60 chapters. The anime adaptation is set start later this year.
Keigo

Post by Keigo »

I read up to chapter 84~

feel like Rito and Haruna isn't getting anywhere and Lala always in the middle... and repeating over and over... for many chapters...

but is not a bad manga~ I wanna carry on reading it~ :D
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

:lol: Seems like its gonna be rather entertaining.
Ill get the anime once it starts airing and being subbed :P
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

Here’s a trailer
The first episode aired on the April 3 2008
It is scheduled to have a total of 26 episodes.
Rules that an Evil Overlord must live by!

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
zerubabel

Post by zerubabel »

Ken Leeee! Tulibu dibu douchoooo!
Fut Fut Fut Freestailo!
Keigo

Post by Keigo »

mm~ episode 1 is not bad~ enjoy it~ have a nice laugh~ 8)
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

People seem to hate the anime series but hey I’ve only read the manga so far and I’ve got no complaints.

I made an interesting discovery the other day; I came across a To-LOVE-ru English doujinshi/dōjinshi apparently it was the 14th installment in the (doujinshi) series. Damn what will people think up next?

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Ahzure wrote:People seem to hate the anime series but hey I’ve only read the manga so far and I’ve got no complaints.

I made an interesting discovery the other day; I came across a To-LOVE-ru English doujinshi/dōjinshi apparently it was the 14th installment in the (doujinshi) series. Damn what will people think up next?
Hmm, well its still very popular.
Loads of people are raving about it in the Ayako IRC channel... :P
IMO it looks very good, I cant wait to start watching it...just another 6 episodes then I shall start watching it :P

I wanna get he manga and start reading that as well...perhaps try read it while watching the anime :P
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

I’ll wait until all episodes are released before I start watching the anime.

PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Ahzure wrote:I’ll wait until all episodes are released before I start watching the anime.
HAR! Your like me? :P
So there are others who like to wait untill all episodes are out before watching series? :D w00t w00t :P

Spoiler (show)
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

Sorry PsyCLown what’s the last chapter that you’ve read? The last one I read was chapter 61.

PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Ahzure wrote:Sorry PsyCLown what’s the last chapter that you’ve read? The last one I read was chapter 61.
I havent started the manga yet ;) :P

Would like to wait till all chapters are out, but doubt that will happen :(

Spoiler (show)