Anime Meetup

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
larch

Anime Meetup

Post by larch »

Well the annual Anime meetup has come and gone and like always it seems to have gone down nicely with those who attended. There was loads of new faces and some old faces and got to meet lots of new people, and chat about Anime and well everything else in between. Hope to continue the tradition through this year and into the next. All the pictures can be downloaded here: http://www.box.net/shared/jt2t1i0gs0 (1.5MB)

Around 40 people attended not bad for the first one of 2008.

This is what happens when you give a bunch of people crayons and a piece of paper.(I think that is supposed to be a rabbit I might be wrong though.)

I guess some people’s food just never arrived on time.

In the end it was about meeting people with the same interests and having a good time and enjoying yourself while doing it, and that pretty much sums up the reason for the meetups.
larch

Post by larch »

So I decided to lay down the challenge to everyone at the Anime meetup. The challenge should they choose to accept it was to finish the "Pay Day Steak" special in under 45 minutes. For u who do not know the "Pay Day Steak" is a Scrooges specialty it is 1kg of rump steak and chips which u have to finish in under 45 minutes. (The current record stands at 10 minutes)

So I decided to put my money where my mouth was and throw down the gauntlet and show everyone how it is done.

LOL! unfortunately my words seems to be bigger then my appetite and I failed horribly halfway through the challenge......maybe I should have taken the ladies rump instead maybe easier for me to handle.

At least some people seemed upto the challenge and got the shirt to prove it. I should have patted down Migs-se to see if he was stashing the leftovers somewhere.

I even got beaten by a lady aka "Lulu" I am a shame to meat eating mankind I should stick with the ladies rump......LOL!
Keigo

Post by Keigo »

mm~ looks fun... and the rump look tasty~ :twisted:
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Whew... 1kg rump... that is much.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
kraven

Post by kraven »

hmmm. I like all forms of rump. Maybe ill attend the next one.
The Anime Society that\'ll influence the SA scene: http://www.genshiken.uct.ac.za
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

wow...that rump looks tasty.
Hmm, I might attend the next one with a friend or 2 of mine...as long as you dont mind having some school kids there? :P :lol:
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
neosephiroth
Permanently Banned

Post by neosephiroth »

stop posting in caps. How many times must I ask???

- jamin_za