The Best Anime of 2007 and What's Hot in 2008

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
ZeroS

The Best Anime of 2007 and What's Hot in 2008

Post by ZeroS »

Well, I don't think I've watched many 2007 shows so I won't be listing any anime until I do.

What 2008 shows I'd like to watch:

Persona: Trinity Soul
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?sh ... e&aid=5544

The sequel to the highly acclaimed persona series on the playstation. If this anime is even fractionally as good as it's console cousin, it'll be awesome!

Anime submitted by members:

Dennou Coil
Claymore
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Nodame Cantabile
Minami-ke's

Seirei no Moribito
True Tears
Minami-ke Okawari
Last edited by ZeroS on 12 Jan 2008, 18:55, edited 3 times in total.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Claymore.

Didn't watch anything else new this year. No idea what's coming either.
Zana

I want more pointed eared anime

Post by Zana »

Give me anime with pointed ears !!! thast my desert for anime ;-)
The elvin world is different from your world like our ears compared with yours.. to see all the elfs
Art Gallery: www.zananeichan.deviantart.com
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Devil May Cry was the only 2007 anime series I watched. I wanna get Zombie Loan and see how that is.

I enjoyed Devil May Cry, if you thought it was going to be anything like the game you were in for a big disapointment though.
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

C
l
a
y
m
o
r
e
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

anyone here seen AfroSamurai? staring Samuel L Jackson?
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
zerubabel

Post by zerubabel »

Watched quite alot of anime lately, and I must say the anime of 2007 for me is Nodame Cantabile... truly an AAAA anime.
Fut Fut Fut Freestailo!
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

Nodame Cantabile
I have a few eps. Must start with it. Prob tonight. Is the lots of romance?
It comes across so.
Core i5 3550 | 8GB RAM | 500W | Samsung T260 | GTX760 OC | 4.56TB HDD space
zerubabel

Post by zerubabel »

SoulBlade wrote:
Nodame Cantabile
I have a few eps. Must start with it. Prob tonight. Is the lots of romance?
It comes across so.
Naah, its not one of those romantic anime's.. although you do wish it was abit of that during the series.
It's just brilliant, they play multiple classical music pieces every episode, either solo's, or full orchestra scores etc.. And the animation is insane too.
I can't imagine how much money and effort it took to make this anime.
Fut Fut Fut Freestailo!
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

:-(
I haven't watched a proper romantic anime yet. Any shows you know of?
Core i5 3550 | 8GB RAM | 500W | Samsung T260 | GTX760 OC | 4.56TB HDD space
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Aishi.teruze Baby. Maria-sama ga Miteru and even Strawberry panic(if youre not a homephobe)

*&(^#(*$( spell filter
zerubabel

Post by zerubabel »

SoulBlade wrote::-(
I haven't watched a proper romantic anime yet. Any shows you know of?
Love Hina is the first that jumps to mind.
I'd also say Hand Maid May to some extent, although I'm really not into that kind of anime ^^
Love Hina is the best choice though imo, it's really well done.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Hmmm, this scored a 9 on AniDB. Better look into it...

http://animemagicbox.com/Nodame_Cantabile.html

So many new shows out I hardly know where to begin.
kraven

Post by kraven »

But My personal animes of 2007 include (in order):

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (Action anime of the year)
Seirei no Moribito (Guardian of the Sacred Spirit) - voted my most beautiful anime ever)
Claymore (Blonde hotties slicing each other up!! -what fun - **** ending tho')

I am not into romances/musicals, so i cannot comment on Nadome Cantabile.
The Anime Society that\'ll influence the SA scene: http://www.genshiken.uct.ac.za
zerubabel

Post by zerubabel »

Nice website there Rayne, I should finish downloading Dennou Coil and Kenichi from there!

Seirei no Moribito looks awesome too and is top rated on anidb. It's already on my "to download" list, however with my crappy internet it'll probably be 2 months before i start downloading it.
kraven

Post by kraven »

I suggest you get it elsewhere. Dennou Coil is somewhere up there on my list, but i havent finished watching to really rate it.
The Anime Society that\'ll influence the SA scene: http://www.genshiken.uct.ac.za
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

I hear Dennou Coil is tops.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
kraven

Post by kraven »

So far it is. not better than the top two i mentioned before though.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

I'm gonna do my best to find Seirei no Moribito. I ignored anime playing games last year, too many shows slipped past me. Need to make up for it now.

Anyways I started True Tears last night and I was impressed. This seems to hold promise.
Shinichiro is a student living in what would be a dream come true for most high school boys, but for him is mostly a frustration. A well liked girl in school named Hiromi has lived in his house for a year along with his family. Her father was a close friend of the family, and when he died they immediately took her in. She is popular and well liked, always smiles, is talented in sports- but Shinichiro knows there must be tears inside her. Having an artistic tendency, he makes watercolours of her and thinks about wishing to ease her tears. Yet he cannot bring up the nerve to talk to her even in his own home. She, too, is quiet and withdrawn in their house, quite unlike at school. Shinichiro is also distracted by teasing from his friend Nobuse for watching Hiromi from afar, a curse of bad luck from a strange girl named Noe, and being forced to perform Muhiga dancing. By helping Noe he hopes to ease his own problems, yet he seems to have difficulty helping himself.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Besides those rubbish MegaUpload and sorts sites, I cannot track Seirei no Moribito down. Was hoping to start it this weekend. Read a few reviews and I'm extremely tempted.

We'll, can get it from anime-PLUS! but my account's not cleared yet, three or four more days to wait, *sigh*.

A bit more on topic, Minami-ke's a definate must watch for anyone seeking a laid-back true-to-life show.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Any news on a Burst Angel sequel.

btw, I've updated the first post to include the titles of the anime that members have submitted.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

da-anime.org had it up but the sites been dead for a few days now. It's a single 24 minute OVA.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

One OVA? Disappointing...
Just like Hellsing...
zerubabel

Post by zerubabel »

Rayne wrote:Besides those rubbish MegaUpload and sorts sites, I cannot track Seirei no Moribito down. Was hoping to start it this weekend. Read a few reviews and I'm extremely tempted.

We'll, can get it from anime-PLUS! but my account's not cleared yet, three or four more days to wait, *sigh*.

A bit more on topic, Minami-ke's a definate must watch for anyone seeking a laid-back true-to-life show.
Just go to www.isohunt.com

Unless you have a payed account on an anime ftp, isohunt is the only way to go.
I've spent way to many hours searching for direct downloads, only to find its rmvb episodes on megaupload (which never works for me for some reason...).
And you generally find well seeded torrents on isohunt, and Seirei no Moribito is there, and well seeded.
6GB in size though if i remember correctly.
Fut Fut Fut Freestailo!
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Shot, I also got a few torrents after that post though -

http://www.smaragdtorrent.to/search/?se ... sort=seeds

Btw ZeroS Minami-ke is a 2007 series. The second 2008 series Minami-ke Okawari has just started.

EDIT : After second thought the hell with that. I cannot waste my time and bandwidth on Torrents. If I pull 26 episodes via Torrent I'll be waisting more than 3Gb uploading as an extra. I can pull another show with that bandwidth.

Got the first 3 eps so far. The first one took me more than 3 hours, ffs.

I'll wait a few more days. If anime-PLUS! speaks the truth then I should be able to line-up 11 episodes at a time and pull everything in a day.

Pulling anime on weekends is such a pain in the bottom. Everybody's raping the servers. God I tried to pull off BleachExile just now and my waiting time was 930 seconds wtf.

So much for my anime weekend, pft.