Claymore

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

8O The 2 or 3 dimensional one?
Core i5 3550 | 8GB RAM | 500W | Samsung T260 | GTX760 OC | 4.56TB HDD space
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Miata?
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

The manga's. She's a tad bit shy in the anime...
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

lol, where did you download your manga from? I need some reading material.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

I don't download it 'coz I hate seeing things twice I read it online - http://www.mangafox.com
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

ZeroS wrote:Miata?
Oops sorry no Miata scares me.

/ The Abyssal One...

~~
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Ah! Now I remember.

*SPOILERS*

Wasn't she supposed to help clare against easly?
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Well that part has not been shown yet. However, she's no longer on good footing with Claire lol... So the next time they meet might be one of their last.
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

O MY WORD.

This show is getting better and better
...in the middle of ep 14 now.
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

OK, I'm officialy impressed with this show. Just a few eps more and this will take Berserk's spot in no time....well in my world at least.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

In mine too.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Why why why why why why why must we wait so long?! The RAW's been out three days now!

This dude's gonna have to draw faster, a month's a wait is killing me.

Btw, awesome chapter. Claymore's hands-down my top manga atm.
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

:-( gonna find a source to download tonight
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

The manga's ten times better than the anime. If only they waited and stayed true to the original plot. If only...

Anyways since we've not discussed any shows in like forever share your thoughts -

Alicia | Beth duo
Clare | Galathea duo

Possible?
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

Erm, so the anime is totaly of course concerning the plot in the manga?
I'm at ep 16 where they are in the cave with other huge-*** male awakened.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Nah, Dulph is a baby man. But you've met my gal it seems, albeit her loli form.

Your good upto episode [23] Critical Point [1]. The last three episodes draw to a close where in the manga the story played out completely diffirent where it continues.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Yeah, the story is all good up to where Rayne mentioned. After that, it's DBZ nostalgia.

Manga

I would suspect easly to have a much more menacing form. It's not too bad nonetheless.
And, can Alicia truly rival the Abyssal Ones?
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Alicia is an Abyssal One.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

What a second, is not Alicia the current number one. Those twins?
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Yep, the Orginazation's current number 1, Alicia, is an Abyssal One. Awakened number 1 Warriors are called Abyssal Ones. Through her twin sister, number 2 Beth, Alicia can completely awaken via Soul-Link.

Riful herself said "... there really are still three of us ..."

As opposed to the anime's episode [17] The Witch's Maw [3], in the manga Riful noted that she did not wish to reveal her true Yoki - "... a strange one is nearby ..." and "... I don't like my strength being measured ...". The one she spoke of was Alicia.

Not only does she rival Riful and Easley, she can defeat them. The only "thing" out of her leaque, Priscilla.

So, do you think Clare and Galatea can manage Soul-Link?
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

What's Soul-Link?
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

You won't know from the anime. I'll not spoil the manga so I'll just say look at what Galatea did to stop Clare's awakening, and same done by Clare to stop Jean's.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

I think Clare is in a class of her own, in that she may have the ability to fully awaken and still return to being a human. After all she's more human than she is yoma.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Well the Ghosts have now made an appearance. Clare lasted only a few seconds against Dulph, a prior number 3, and now stands against Agatha, a prior number 2, whom the combined strength of Galatea and Miata, who has the potential to rival the current number 1 (this is crazy) cannot defeat. We are yet to see wheteher this will be a 1-on-1 fight, although she is the only one who revealed herself and told Agatha when asked that she need not know her name, for she will "die here today".

So, no doubt our Ghosts grew immensely stronger during their 7 years of training, but, I still do not think Clare is capable of doing so herself. I think she'll need a very strong helper to keep her from crossing over just like everyone else. The reason I think Galatea can pull it off is because Clare is not a Yoma hybrid.

In any case, though I think Riful is planning something simmilar I have no idea what truth she learned nor wishes to achieve yet either.

It will be interesting the see how everyone's power matches up in the present now. I just wish we could get the damn manga sooner.
Demoraliser

Post by Demoraliser »

Im not a fanatic like some of you here. I came across the "Best Anime/manga of 2007" thread, and Claymore seemed to be tops. I managed to get the 26 eps, and completed watching the lot two days ago.

My non-expert thoughts:-

-great story
-good sound like reviewer the beginning of the thread said
-cool action
-oh, they are all chicks, the claymore are a clan of kickass chicks!

I really enjoyed watching this, and i was surprised. Reason being that i have yet to complete Cowboy Bebop (even though i have all the eps) and Full Metal Alchemist (have them too). I watched the first ep of Claymore and i was hooked.

There was one thing i am unsure of though... i cant decide if i like Raki. Another thing, does he have sisterly love for Clare or does he you know, want to nail her? I know Clare plants one him before she goes away in the middle of the series, but Raki seems a little kid then.

Oh, i just love the way the japs say Claymore - KRAYMO!
and Clare - KRAYA!

Brilliant! There is definitely a lot of stuff they can explore in a second season. Personally i would love to see Priscilla die at the hands/sword of Clare. Also perhaps a show down between Easley and the half awakened girls (Clare, Helen, and the rest).

I have an amazing Claremore wallpaper on my lappy at the mo, its Clare's symbol that some dude made in 3DSMax, i will put up a link if i can find it. Excellent.
Lee Mercer (Angel): This is getting ridiculous. The first assassin kills the second assassin sent to kill the first assassin, who didnt assassinate anyone until we hired the second assassin to assassinate her.