Curriecup 2007

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

silv3rback wrote:WP had a crap season :twisted:
Well, they started out really bad, but they came back pretty good for the second half of the season. Not quite enough though. :(
VoodooProphetII

Post by VoodooProphetII »

schase wrote:
silv3rback wrote:WP had a crap season :twisted:
Well, they started out really bad, but they came back pretty good for the second half of the season. Not quite enough though. :(
And the only to that was able to beat Cheetahs this season.
muffinman

Post by muffinman »

i'm with sojourn and the rest of the cheetah's supporters. The cheetah's are the stronger team and they will most probably win BUT this has been the year of the underdog....
DarkRanger
Processor: Intel i5-3750
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Graphics card: nVidia GTX 550Ti
Memory: 8GB Jetram

Post by DarkRanger »

You don't have to say I'm a god. Coz I am not and I don't want to be one.

And for the forum points, that just shows you don't have space in your life for a bit of fun. Likes thats ever killed anybody. ;-)

Let's do it this way. I will post in my sig (no other images or crap) that I appologise for saying bad things about the cheetahs and give them full honour for winning the 07 currycup. and I do appologise to sojourn for all my misbehaving in the currycup 2007 thread.

And you do the same if the lions win.
maestro_za

Post by maestro_za »

:cry: prays for the comeback of WP :cry:

Cheetahs have had a great season. Lions were up and down a bit but they got to the final with a young & talented team. The clash of the young and the brave vs the "ou balies". Will be a good match.

I'll support the ref :lol:

L8r
:wink:
Owner @ Quick Flow IT
Xbox 360 Services

PC: In need of an upgrade :)
muffinman

Post by muffinman »

maestro_za wrote::cry: prays for the comeback of WP :cry:
i hear you man, i'm a loyal supporter. Every time there's a game at newlands... i'm there win or lose come rain or snow. it was very heartbraking to watch the last game against the griquas... and Schalk Brits for President!!!
maestro_za

Post by maestro_za »

muffinman wrote:
maestro_za wrote::cry: prays for the comeback of WP :cry:
i hear you man, i'm a loyal supporter. Every time there's a game at newlands... i'm there win or lose come rain or snow. it was very heartbraking to watch the last game against the griquas... and Schalk Brits for President!!!
My blood is blue and white when it comes to my rugby allegiance. Born & bred Capetonian (lived there up to matric) and now dodging Blue Bull supporters in Pretoria :lol:

I watched many games at Newlands as a scholar. The atmosphere and team back then was awesome (mid-late 90s). Brits is a great player! Isn't he off to England though?

:?
muffinman

Post by muffinman »

to be honest i'm not sure if he's one of the "50" players to leave for europe
maestro_za

Post by maestro_za »

Ok cool!
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Congratulations to the Lions and Cheetahs for reaching the Currie Cup final.

Congratulations to the Bulls and Sharks for reaching the World Cup final!

:lol:
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

ryanrich wrote:Congratulations to the Lions and Cheetahs for reaching the Currie Cup final.

Congratulations to the Bulls and Sharks for reaching the World Cup final!

:lol:
lol :lol:

I'll be supporting the Cheetahs. Borrowed a jersey an all!
But I sure wish my team had made it.... :cry:
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Big day finally coming up tomorrow.

I venture no team will score more than 20 points, the Cheetha's to win by no more than 9 points but no less than 5.

s
DarkRanger

Post by DarkRanger »

I'll be supporting the Lions 2morrow as they are a Gauteng team.

I hope the Lions win tomorrow, just coz I think they are a young team and they deserve it.
eraser

Post by eraser »

Pfff...

Who cares about the Currie Cup after the World Cup?
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

I rest my case.
/smug :P

however... round of applause for the lions, they had a whole stadium on the edge of their seats through-out.

s
DarkRanger

Post by DarkRanger »

Sojourn wrote:I rest my case.

however... round of applause for the lions, they had a whole stadium on the edge of their seats through-out.

s
dude, you are teh funny.

A win is a win, but DAMN that was close. 5 mins to go before you cheetahs could actually level and then pass the score. But a win is a win.

And it was most probably one of the most dirty played games by the cheetahs that I have ever seen. Shoulder charges on players that don't even have the ball?? HOW LAME!!! And the cheetahs playing it so dirty just shows that they were very afraid of the Lions.

But, no use crying over spilled milk. Congratulations to the cheetahs for winning the cup and big ups to the Lions for making them work for it.

Next year the curry cup will be back to how it's supposed to be, then we will see how big mouthed you cheetahs are. ;-)
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

DarkRanger wrote:
Sojourn wrote:I rest my case.

s
dude, you are teh funny.

A win is a win, but DAMN that was close. 5 mins to go before you cheetahs could actually level and then pass the score. But a win is a win.

And it was most probably one of the most dirty played games by the cheetahs that I have ever seen. Shoulder charges on players that don't even have the ball?? HOW LAME!!! And the cheetahs playing it so dirty just shows that they were very afraid of the Lions.

But, no use crying over spilled milk. Congratulations to the cheetahs for winning the cup and big ups to the Lions for making them work for it.

Next year the curry cup will be back to how it's supposed to be, then we will see how big mouthed you cheetahs are. ;-)
I agree. I'm not a fan of either teams, but I think the Lions deserved it more, Cheetah's played very dirty. But as you say, a win is a win, so well done Cheetah's.
DarkRanger

Post by DarkRanger »

ryanrich wrote:I agree. I'm not a fan of either teams, but I think the Lions deserved it more, Cheetah's played very dirty. But as you say, a win is a win, so well done Cheetah's.
I'm also not a fan of either. The lions deserved the win more, because they outsmarted and LITERALLY outplayed the cheetahs. The only place the cheetahs had the advantage was in the mauls (not even the rucks!! The so called ruck kings couldn't even keep possesion 80% of the time!! ROFL) and that's also how both tries got scored (one directly, the other indirect)

Anyhow, it was good to see the panic on the cheetah supporters faces. They were almost brought down to earth with a huge smack.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Just because of ONE game with dubious allegations of foul play, you want to tell me that the Cheetha's don't deserve the win? Do you realise that they are the first team since the 1950's to take the cup with only ONE loss during the runup to the final? That alone makes them 1st choice.

The lions had us by the throat and didn't capitalise on it. I believe we came back from 18-6 to clinch it, that shows character, determination and class. Bigup and grats to Rassie's boy's, after all, he build the foundation for Naka and Helgard. :D

Comments for the 2008 season:

1. Lookout for the WP, with Rassie in their camp they have the ordinance to make a massive comeback.

2. Loffie's young boys were pure class in their last few games, they are set to only build from here.

3. The sharks were outplayed at home in a semi, they sure would want to set that straight.

4. The bulls will fall into the cesspool with the likes of the valke and the griffons, ending their 2008 season with a relegation by loosing to the elephants.
(One can dream. :) )

5. Allthough the boks are back, alot of them are sadly set to play overseas and might not be available for the next season. (Fuggin !@#$%^& SA Rugby politics). The upside to this is that the younger up-n-coming guys will get exposure.

Cannot wait for next year !! :D

s

PS Darkranger, I believe an update to your sig is required? :P
DarkRanger

Post by DarkRanger »

Sojourn wrote:Just because of ONE game with dubious allegations of foul play, you want to tell me that the Cheetha's don't deserve the win? Do you realise that they are the first team since the 1950's to take the cup with only ONE loss during the runup to the final? That alone makes them 1st choice.
One game? Call it a final. BTW: like said with all previous finals, the whole season doesn't mean jack squat when it comes to the final.
Sojourn wrote:The lions had us by the throat and didn't capitalise on it. I believe we came back from 18-6 to clinch it, that shows character, determination and class. Bigup and grats to Rassie's boy's, after all, he build the foundation for Naka and Helgard. :D
Please note: Like I said, they didn't have the class on the backline. Both tries got scored from the grunt up front. (not saying it was not deserved, just saying that I think the Lions were better overall on attack)
Sojourn wrote:Comments for the 2008 season:

1. Lookout for the WP, with Rassie in their camp they have the ordinance to make a massive comeback.
Might be, might not be. Wait and see
Sojourn wrote:2. Loffie's young boys were pure class in their last few games, they are set to only build from here.
They will be the log leaders for some time next season and will also be in the finals again.
Sojourn wrote:3. The sharks were outplayed at home in a semi, they sure would want to set that straight.
The sharks is one of those "please-don't-predict-as-I-might-just-do-the-opposite" teams.
Sojourn wrote:4. The bulls will fall into the cesspool with the likes of the valke and the griffons, ending their 2008 season with a relegation by loosing to the elephants.
(One can dream. :) )
Keep on dreaming ;)
Sojourn wrote:5. Allthough the boks are back, alot of them are sadly set to play overseas and might not be available for the next season. (Fuggin !@#$%^& SA Rugby politics). The upside to this is that the younger up-n-coming guys will get exposure.
QFT.
Sojourn wrote:PS Darkranger, I believe an update to your sig is required? :P
Excuse me? Why?
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

DarkRanger wrote:
Sojourn wrote:PS Darkranger, I believe an update to your sig is required? :P
Excuse me? Why?
DarkRanger wrote:Let's do it this way. I will post in my sig (no other images or crap) that I appologise for saying bad things about the cheetahs and give them full honour for winning the 07 currycup. and I do appologise to sojourn for all my misbehaving in the currycup 2007 thread.

And you do the same if the lions win.
:P

s
DarkRanger

Post by DarkRanger »

How can I miss something that I wrote... Eish. :lol: :lol:

Anyhow, you never agreed, but to show sportmanship, I shall do that.
DarkRanger

Post by DarkRanger »

Happy with that
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

:D :D Well done Dark my man. An interesting game and well played by the Cheetahs, bad luck for the Lions. At one stage I thought they had it. The only real moments for me was that the WP U19 and U21 took their respective cups, so at least the cupboard down here will not be bare! :)
DarkRanger

Post by DarkRanger »

ya, well done to the WP as well. Didn't see the games but I heard they played quite well.