The Movie Thread

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Xiphan

Post by Xiphan »

I hate Teaser trailers, cause now I can't wait for yet another movie! :twisted: You're right the quality is crap, actually terrible, the one looks like the guy was recording from a jumping castle within a cinema? Otherwise the movie looks really good from what I could make out from between the blocks! :P
Kovu

Post by Kovu »

yeah it got me itching even actually sat for hours looking for what angle of joker they are gna spin_

i hate you tube,with a passion.

btw_ironman looks interesting too_not a marvel fan but hey...it looks like a good movie
Chaos Mage for The Pride
The Strong do what they can,The weak suffer what they must.
In times of war circumstance dictates action.

Post by Xiphan »

Well what I find interesting is that Iron man will be played by Robert Downey Jr. and apparently he's a a big fan of the Iron Man comics and actually asked to play the role and be involved in production. So we can expect something really good from that movie! If you think about it, how good did Spiderman turn out because the director, Sam Raimi, was a huge fan of it when growing up?

Also speaking of Sam Raimi, apparently he's considering doing The Hobbit?
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

And then theres Stephen King to the rescue with another short storie

1408 looks pretty good has been released in the US not sure if we might get it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450385/
deadhands

Post by deadhands »

1408 is pretty good, some really freaky parts in the movie, worth the watch for Stephen King fans
maestro_za

Post by maestro_za »

I'm looking forward to I Am Legend starring Will Smith. Its pencilled in for a December release.

I think, after seeing the trailer, that its going to be an excellant movie. A sci-fi/horror I believe.

L8r
Xiphan

Post by Xiphan »

maestro_za wrote:I'm looking forward to I Am Legend starring Will Smith. Its pencilled in for a December release.

I think, after seeing the trailer, that its going to be an excellant movie. A sci-fi/horror I believe.

L8r
Yes, yes, that movie does look interesting, I too thought the trailer made it look very good! :)
Sagariouz

Post by Sagariouz »

maestro_za wrote:A sci-fi/horror I believe.
Lol, I actually heard it is about vampires...?? :?:

EDIT:
Plot summary wrote:Robert Neville (Will Smith) is a brilliant scientist, but even he could not contain the terrible virus that was unstoppable, incurable, and man-made. Somehow immune, Neville is now the last human survivor in what is left of New York City and maybe the world. For three years, Neville has faithfully sent out daily radio messages, desperate to find any other survivors who might be out there. But he is not alone. Mutant victims of the plague -- The Infected -- lurk in the shadows... watching Neville's every move... waiting for him to make a fatal mistake. Perhaps mankind's last, best hope, Neville is driven by only one remaining mission: to find a way to reverse the effects of the virus using his own immune blood. But he knows he is outnumbered... and quickly running out of time.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Plot summary wrote:Robert Neville (Will Smith) is a brilliant scientist, but even he could not contain the terrible virus that was unstoppable, bla, bla, bla.....
oooo... very original storyline here.... never seen something like this before...

<hollywood is a ghost town... there's nothing left there...>
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
simmy

Post by simmy »

rustypup wrote:
Plot summary wrote:Robert Neville (Will Smith) is a brilliant scientist, but even he could not contain the terrible virus that was unstoppable, bla, bla, bla.....
oooo... very original storyline here.... never seen something like this before...

<hollywood is a ghost town... there's nothing left there...>
at least its a ghost town with GOOD graphics 8)
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

simmy wrote:its a ghost town with GOOD graphics
so, you're easily distracted then?... look.. sparkly bits!...

<points at random corner...>

the bit which makes me throw up a little is the fact that next year sometime, millions of people are going to be glued in front of their tv's watching this talentless, imagination-devoid, industry award itself for a "job well done"... :roll:

"I won an oscar for best supporting role, playing the captain's peg leg, in Pirates Of The Carribean 12: The revenge of the Miffed Muffin with Green Bits In".... weee...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Xiphan

Post by Xiphan »

rustypup wrote:
simmy wrote:its a ghost town with GOOD graphics
so, you're easily distracted then?... look.. sparkly bits!...

<points at random corner...>

the bit which makes me throw up a little is the fact that next year sometime, millions of people are going to be glued in front of their tv's watching this talentless, imagination-devoid, industry award itself for a "job well done"... :roll:
The plot line does have a sense of déjà vu if you think about it, till now all I had to go on was the teaser trailer and that looked really good. Then again teaser trailers tend to make movies look better than they possibly are. Guess time will tell? :?
rustypup wrote:"I won an oscar for best supporting role, playing the captain's peg leg, in Pirates Of The Carribean 12: The revenge of the Miffed Muffin with Green Bits In".... weee...
ROFL!!! :lol:
Futs

Post by Futs »

Think it was on "Hollywood" where they said that the infected was in fact vampires.

>.<

Just hope that Will Smith makes this one worth while
Xiphan

Post by Xiphan »

Futs wrote:Just hope that Will Smith makes this one worth while
Me too, the last good movie I saw with him in it, I think was Hitch?
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

Just a word of caution don't watch Knocked up with your parents
Some scenes are really gross and some can make you a little uncomfy due to the very sexual nature of the movie....
Xiphan

Post by Xiphan »

wizardofid wrote:Just a word of caution don't watch Knocked up with your parents
Some scenes are really gross and some can make you a little uncomfy due to the very sexual nature of the movie....
I got a cool bully, he wouldn't mind, probably enjoy it? My mom on the other hand... Image Haven't seen this movie though? Is it new?
maestro_za

Post by maestro_za »

Knocked Up is new yes. I'm not sure it overshadows its spiritual successor "The 40 Year Old Virgin", but it has its moments.

On the Will Smith thing, Hitch was an excellant movie. A romantic comedy both guys and girls can watch and enjoy. I do hope that the "I Am Legend" movie is good. He hasn't been in too many flops to be honest, "Wild Wild West" being the exception.

I sure enjoy movies :wink:

Cheers
Xiphan

Post by Xiphan »

maestro_za wrote:Knocked Up is new yes. I'm not sure it overshadows its spiritual successor "The 40 Year Old Virgin", but it has its moments.

On the Will Smith thing, Hitch was an excellant movie. A romantic comedy both guys and girls can watch and enjoy. I do hope that the "I Am Legend" movie is good. He hasn't been in too many flops to be honest, "Wild Wild West" being the exception.

I sure enjoy movies :wink:

Cheers
Ok well I'm downloading the HD trailer for Knocked Up now, will let you know when it's done... Otherwise I didn't think Wild Wild West was that bad, it too had its moments. Though Will Smith's best movie to date: Independance Day! :biggrin:

I sure do enjoy movies too! Image
maestro_za

Post by maestro_za »

Independance Day is a classic yes!

I'm a fan of "Enemy Of The State", Will Smith movie-wise. That is a very underrated film. "Ali" wasn't bad either.
Xiphan

Post by Xiphan »

I haven't seen Ali? Enemy of the State was brilliant! "Some people like to do that, I like to blend!" Him and that blender! lol That was a good movie. Getting a bit OT... :P
maestro_za

Post by maestro_za »

Ali is a biopic of Muhammed Ali's rise and fall as a heavyweight boxer. I must still add it to my DVD collection.

If it wasn't for Denzil Washington's fantastic performance in Training Day, I would think that perhaps Will Smith would've got the nod. He was that good in Ali.

Anyways, enough about Will Smith already :P

:lol:
Xiphan

Post by Xiphan »

Ok you lost me? :? Training Day? I hated that movie! :x
maestro_za

Post by maestro_za »

Soz.

Ali and Training Day both came out in the same year. Denzil Washington got the Oscar for best actor. I think Will Smith was nominated for his role in Ali.

Sorry for the confusion.
Xiphan

Post by Xiphan »

Ah... I see, I would have to see Ali before I could comment. It was strange to see Denzil portraying the role he did in Training Day so I can understand the Oscar... but otherwise I still didn't enjoy the movie! :(
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

I nearly started a new thread, thanks for the search function: :wink:
Some upcoming movies I can't wait for

November 2007

Star Trek (2008)
Not a trekkie but some of you may be interested
Hitman
Jip, based on the PC game...
Bee Movie
I dig animated movies, I don't care what you say

December 2007

I am Legend
Looks good with Will Smith as the last man on earth, literally.
Avin and the chipmunks
Family movie in the style of garfield movie
National Treasure: Book of secrets
loved the first one
Alien vs Predator: Requiem
Need I say more

January 2008

In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale
A medieval movie with Jason Statham (transporter / crank)

Check out imdb.com for more info if you want. And these are just US estimated release dates.
[/list]