my Polo GTI (wheels updated)

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

I see you styling behind the wheel there, naughty... :lol:

Bru, that car is looking awesome :!:

Is it true that you have set the frequency of the sub so low that the vibrations cause panties to lose their elasticity and drop of the bodies of nubile young women :?:
naughty

Post by naughty »

Is it true that you have set the frequency of the sub so low that the vibrations cause panties to lose their elasticity and drop of the bodies of nubile young women
not only that - it causes the garments on their upper bodies to itch thereby ensuring that they have to remove said garments post haste :wink:
Bru, that car is looking awesome
thanks my good man ..... when you gonna visit and come for a spin - i promise the sound wont drop your pants down LOL
I see you styling behind the wheel there, naughty...
sadly i wasnt wearing my shades then LOL - they caught me with my normal glasses on - ps - look at the pic then at my avvie - notice the close resemblance LOL
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

naughty wrote:when you gonna visit and come for a spin - i promise the sound wont drop your pants down
:lol:
I'll have to pull in soon. I just need to make time.
I'm just a bit scared after driving in your GTi, I'll climb into my 1.6 and it just wont feel the same...
naughty wrote:
I see you styling behind the wheel there, naughty...
sadly i wasnt wearing my shades then LOL - they caught me with my normal glasses on - ps - look at the pic then at my avvie - notice the close resemblance LOL
Ya, I noticed it a while back (every since I met you IRL) :D
naughty

Post by naughty »

okay - im becoming a bit of a picture ***** - took some photo's with my new phone - and now the phone is getting me some decent pics

i know the car needs a wash and vacuum - but here are some daytime pics - the car has subsequently been washed - but im gonna soon do a complete three stage polish - if i can find some zymol here in durban will do a zymol detail on the car

heres the exterior

and another angle

and yet another angle

and then the front grille

now for the interior - notice the doorpads and seats have been done but see how closely the steering wheel and handbrake lever as well as the gerknob match the seats - those items are all factory as are the seatbelts - many people want to know how ive gotten the red edges on the seatbelts LOL

now for the steering wheel - yes the car is dirty - had gone to pick up a friend the previous night and he has a garden - so some of the loose grass landed up on my shoes and hence rubbed off onto the mats - rest assured its all been cleaned now

will try and get some pics after ive detailed the car - hopefully the polish job is gonna get rid of those idiotic swirlmarks on the pain that occured when the dealership waxed the car incorrectly - they were supposed to glaze it - but they waxed it instead :x - but anyways im sure i can live with doing the detailing myself
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Looks like you need parking lessons :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Car looks sweet, LOVE the camera pics... amazing quality eh?
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

When is the suspension kit going on?

35mm - 40mm needed to get rid of the 4x4 look on those 18"S
viceroy

Post by viceroy »

Looks like its sitting on stilts...need some sweet eibach/bilstein coilovers in there to cure that problem...otherwise looking really good :):):)
Last edited by viceroy on 07 Aug 2007, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.
naughty

Post by naughty »

Looks like you need parking lessons
LOL - place was empty at the time - i could have parked across 3 bays and no-one would have bothered - was just there to pick up some pizza and pasta that i ordered on the phone - so i just took those pics while waiting for the pasta to get done

yes the phone does take some decent pics in the daytime - at night the flash isnt too great - but its workable

When is the suspension kit going on?

35mm - 40mm needed to get rid of the 4x4 look on those 18"S
well im still deciding what to do about the suspension - ive got a choice

1) eibach 35mm springs with koni FSD shocks
2) koni 40mm springs with koni sport shocks
3) Koni or Bilstein coilovers both adjustable front and rear

so im gonna have to decide which i like best - not in a big rush though since all the above choices will total up to above R8k and im kind of skint at the moment - gotta spend R100k doing up the flat and buy my big tv and home theatre system - so suspension will have to wait a few months - will definitely make it a priority when i do the ECU remap and other performance bits and bobs - the ride is decent enough for now - may just go for the coilovers cos i can adjust those when i need to ie keep it only around 20mm lower for daily driving and then go a bit lower than that for track days/VWclubSA event days
Last edited by naughty on 07 Aug 2007, 15:27, edited 1 time in total.
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

Bilstein Coil-Overs will be sweet.

Alway been a fan of Bilstein.
naughty

Post by naughty »

maxxis wrote:Bilstein Coil-Overs will be sweet.

Alway been a fan of Bilstein.
well Bilstein as well as Koni and even Eibach all make a decent coilover kit for the polo - will need to decide which fits the budget - but in terms of functionality and quality - all three are excellent - i suppose it will depend on which is available in durbz when i have the cash ready
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Looking good!

I still dunno about those wheels though, looks WAY too big for the car IMO, I think 17's would've been perfect. :?

Maybe once it's been lowered it will look better though, keep the updates coming! :D
DarkRanger
Processor: Intel i5-3750
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Graphics card: nVidia GTX 550Ti
Memory: 8GB Jetram

Post by DarkRanger »

Love this pic. The sunglare on that one just makes it look so cool!![/quote]
viceroy

Post by viceroy »

There is a place based in CT which does some excellent local coilovers...they'll outprice the otherstuff and quality is supposed to be really really good.

Stuart Mack (Super_Stu) mentioned them to me...maybe ask him
naughty

Post by naughty »

you are probably talking about Traxxion - not gonna go to Cap to get some springs fitted though - most ill travel is to CRS in jozies

super_stu if im not mistaken is Roadhawg over at vwclub forums ???

Ryan - those pics are on a bit of an incline - when the car is flat it looks decent - see this pic - also they are almost the same rolling diameter - just more rim and less tyre with th 18's - but the dimeter of the combo is very similar (not identical but its less than 1% different so its almost negligible) - so it would retain a similar height - just the wheels would have looked smaller - but a bit more of an air cushion between the rim and the rubber on the ground

besides when you see the car in real life its still lower than a standard polo 1.6 comfortline and it looks far better in real life than in the pics - in fact most of the comments i get are normally about the wheels and most of them are positive comments - guys even try to catch up to me at robots just to ask where i got those from :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by naughty on 07 Aug 2007, 17:10, edited 1 time in total.
fiber-optics

Post by fiber-optics »

ECU remap and other performance bits and bobs
could you please scan your before and after print out when you this and post it
viceroy

Post by viceroy »

Yes...Traxxion....Who says you gotta go fetch...I'm pretty sure they deliver...and then have CRS install :)

Nah...super stu is definately not roadhawg...they different guys on the vw club forums...
naughty

Post by naughty »

traxxion is okay - but id prefer one of the others from what ive heard of all those - the koni's and Bilsteins are a definite cut above the rest - and they cost a lot more too - but theres a reason for that ie when it comes to Koni - if its good enough to be OEM on ferrari then its good enough for me too - but ill do some more research on traxxion - when it comes to suspension and brake parts - gettng the wrong stuff could kill you whereas blowing th eengine isnt as dangerous - so there you can play around for the lowest costing item - but brakes and suspension i would only trust something with the most reliable reputations around

will try to see if i can sort something out in durbz first - and second option is CRS - ive heard great things about Steve Hurley their suspension guy there - he is totally clued up and will do a great job on the car - but if i dont have to travel that far id rather avoid it
could you please scan your before and after print out when you this and post it
no probs mate - will do - but its probably not gonna be very soon as ive said above tv and hometheatre are first priority - then ill see how much ive got left for car mods after that :lol:
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

naughty: I would highly recommend going with Koni. Springs as well as shocks. Very very good!

I initially had Eibach on my GTI, and when switching to Koni Sports the difference was very noticable.
naughty

Post by naughty »

ryanrich wrote:naughty: I would highly recommend going with Koni. Springs as well as shocks. Very very good!

I initially had Eibach on my GTI, and when switching to Koni Sports the difference was very noticable.
yeah - so far its actually those adjustable coilovers for the win cos as ive said i could do a 30mm drop for daily use and then a 50mm drop for track days - that would be awesome - so its between the Koni and Bilstein - gotta go looking around for those and get some quotes - not expecting either to be below R8k to R10k for the set
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Yeah 8 or 10K sounds about right. My Koni springs and shocks were 6K about 1 and a half years back, from CRS.
Scarlet_Spider
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Scarlet_Spider »

looking good Naughty... nice one :)
------
a nikonian from South Africa....
Nikonians
Bash

Post by Bash »

Nice Naughty, I agree that coil-overs will be best. Being adjustable is an added bonus. The look cannot be achieved on simple springs and shocks but with coils, you'll find the perfect set-up for your everyday use. 8)

Let me know if you manage to find a Zymol agent here in durbs... I'm looking to treat my new cabbie to some of that hotness too.

P.s. The fallout at VW club forums is sad but I agree with your sentiments 100%.
naughty

Post by naughty »

thanks guys
Let me know if you manage to find a Zymol agent here in durbs... I'm looking to treat my new cabbie to some of that hotness too.
will do - though its been a bit hard to find - but im gonna look a bit harder now - the car needs some work on it - the black gets dirty too quick

P.s. The fallout at VW club forums is sad but I agree with your sentiments 100%.
well we can leave that one there shall we - its just that they bash certain cars even though those are VW's - then call themselves a VW club :roll:
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Post by Anthro »

Nitin, have you got the link where they tuning our cars again ? :evil:
Temporary Absence
Bukzini

Post by Bukzini »

Wow nice job man! :lol: that must be one of the nicest polo's i think i have ever seen... Props man :D :wink: