Springbok Squad 2007

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
DarkRanger
Processor: Intel i5-3750
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Graphics card: nVidia GTX 550Ti
Memory: 8GB Jetram

Post by DarkRanger »

lancelot wrote:That poephol cost us the WC in 99, how White could even consider him is proof of his lack of rugby knowledge.
True...
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

I am convinced that most of the dislike in the country of Bob Skinstad is not because of his rugby, but because of his ... er ... modelling. The guy is actually a brilliant rugby player, and a fantastic motivator on the field. I don't care what he does off the field: it's how he plays the game that counts.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

My dislike, no that is too strong, I do not dislike him, so rather my apprehension about his possible inclusion into the team stems from when he was still an icon of the Stormers. He was friendly with Nick Mallet, then the coach ofo the Springboks. After winning a game down here, CC final, he went on a piss up in his new Ford Falcon (sponsored) and had a major accident. A colleague of mine, an ex Springbok himself and a man of vast experience made a comment to me. He said that Bob would never play International rugby again with the knee injury that he picked up. And so it has proved, I do think he has ever played a full 80 minutes of contact since then. While he was an extremely talented young player once, he would now be a liability to any International squad.
Nick picked him and rugby followers know the rest, even worse he replaced a player of note and Bok captain, Gary Teichmann with him, it was a sad day in my household.
gifs

Post by gifs »

The Bok Team for Saturday

15 Percy Montgomery
14 Ashwin Willemse
13 Wynand Olivier
12 Jean de Villiers
11 Bryan Habana
10 Butch James
9 Ricky Januarie
8 Danie Rossouw
7 Juan Smith
6 Schalk Burger
5 Victor Matfield
4 Bakkies Botha
3 BJ Botha
2 John Smit (Captain)
1 Deon Carstens
16 Gurthro Steenkamp
17 Gary Botha
18 CJ van der Linde
19 Johann Muller
20 Pierre Spies
21 Ruan Pienaar
22 Francois Steyn

The team looks alright, except for the highlighted ones, what a joke![/b]
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win you are still retarded
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

I agree, Januarie and Willemse are rubbish!
gifs

Post by gifs »

Januarie is rubbish and wasn't even the first choice lions scrum half.
Willemse was good 3 years back before he got injured, but that doesnt warrant his inclusion as he didnt really play this season.
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win you are still retarded
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Yeah he was good, but since then he's had bad ankle injuries. Oh well, lets see how he does. Januarie was clearly included to just be a player of colour, but are there no other black or coloured players better than him? I refuse to believe that, I could probably find somebody better on the pavement just now... :lol:
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Yeah, both are really ****, but Pietersen is injured, so they are trying arsvhole Willemse. :(
Januarie cannot even pass wind!
DarkRanger
Processor: Intel i5-3750
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Graphics card: nVidia GTX 550Ti
Memory: 8GB Jetram

Post by DarkRanger »

Guys, just be happy that they don't have Bolla Conradie in the squad... Now THAT guy is an *******...
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Well I was quite surprised by the way Januarie played this past Saturday, not bad at all!

I see Pietersen is recovered though, will be good to have him in the squad.
i_r_baboon

Post by i_r_baboon »

The last game was easy even though england had a few good players..

It's been awhile since iv'e seen the boks smash a team, would be nice next game to really smash england although they will play harder

*edit* i think it's a good idea to include bobby because he brings/brought another element to the game, who knows maybe it will pay off