Anime & Piracy

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Anime & Piracy

Post by KillerByte »

Just to have my 2c and since this forum has a no piracy policy. Certain Anime is copyrighted, I suspect that these would include Naruto and Bleach. and therefore it would be against forum rules to make any mention of exchanging or distributing such content.
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Do you want some cheese with that whine?
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

please see this forum's link. one guy actually sets it our rather nicely

http://www.omgili.com/preview/aHR0cDovL ... Q9NDE5MzE=
You said you were going to download unlicensed anime.

That would involve getting a copy of the anime without going through the legal distributors who have the rights to distribute it.

Anime has copyrights on it whether it's been licensed for Stateside release or not.

They belong to the people who originally made it.

It's not legal. Get over it.
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

here is another piece to read over, its actually a law paper on the subject.

http://www.law.ed.ac.uk/ahrc/script-ed/ ... troduction

And he puts it such nice words ITS PIRACY PEOPLE
Fansubs and scanlations don’t quite match the “traditional” forms of remix that Lessig and others mention. They do not create a “new” work in the same sense as dojinshi, fan films, or AMVs because their aim is to remain faithful to the original work.28 Fansubs and scanlations also compete with the original cultural product in a way that other fan films do not: They have the potential to replace market need for official (licensed) translations. This competition may impact the ability for Japanese companies to license their anime in markets such as the United States and, if licensed, for these distributors to make a profit. Fansubs thus resemble the debate over peer-to-peer file trading; where potential consumers can easily find free replacements on the internet for products traditionally sold only in stores and other authorized channels.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Re: Anime & Piracy

Post by hamin_aus »

You are the worlds biggest hypocrite, accusing us of piracy. Aren't you the guy who started a thread listing all the TV shows you have downloaded off the net :?:
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

yes and I got it removed cause it was piracy.

I think it only fair that if Anime is deemed as piracy it then should not be allowed for members to "trade" it.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

KillerByte wrote:yes and I got it removed cause it was piracy.

I think it only fair that if Anime is deemed as piracy it then should not be allowed for members to "trade" it.
Too bad for you it is not deemed as piracy.

Despite the tripe you repost from other sites and try to pass off as fact, possessing and trading unlicensed anime is not a crime.

If you can prove otherwise then fine - maybe you know a hot girl in law school that could help you :?
LordRage

Post by LordRage »

so what you are doing is tittle tailing? Again a true reflection of the maturity of this forum.

I have a question though, was that "law paper" in South Africa? (rhetorical of course) You cannot just arbitrarily apply other countries views on the matter to our law. It is a grey area, hence the people that take the risk know that they may be treading on dangerous ground, why do you feel the need to try tell on them? You have no conclusive proof from South African law that what they are doing is illegal. I dont have a problem with you, in fact, I dont know you, but I would say if you are going to state things like this, to refer to a South African Intellectual Property lawyer before you do.
Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. (Karl Marx)
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

Only the first season of bleach and naruto is licinced. And I accually brought the Bleach dvds thats out(I cant even play them on the TV, and I cant hack our sony's region protection, I just brought them cause I like it.). Will buy the others as they come out.
Will search for a link later, but I remember a studio that tryed to stop fansubs, they recieved so much hatemail that they took back their staement. Atleast the japanese have more sence that those american idiots at the mpaa.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

LordRage wrote:I dont have a problem with you, in fact, I dont know you, but I would say if you are going to state things like this, to refer to a South African Intellectual Property lawyer before you do.
Don't waste your time asking KB to do anything.

This is the guy who started a thread asking how to shut his PC down remotely because he was too lazy to get off the bed and do it himself.

He is and always will be the sole object of ridicule on this forum.
I'm only posting in his thread because it's a slow day at work.
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

And because it makes us out to be pirates which in fact we are not...

If you actually posted in the anime section, you would check that numerous times we discussed first what would be put on the drive, but we are not always certain about the status of some anime...

Also, because SA doesn't have the ability to get anime, does that mean that we should stop getting fansubs?

Isn't the reason why Americans have fansubs cause they don't have the full versions yet? That is why we do it... And cause some of us keep our older ones, we share that with guys that would like to get/extend on their anime...

Again, not everyone is able to buy every single original piece of stuff they like, and although that doesn't condone piracy, which this is not, it is just sometimes we tend to wait for it to get cheaper...

I even went and ordered an original piece of anime of ebay just cause I liked it, so pls to those who try their best to stay with original, don't judge us before you actually know what we do...
Intel i5 750 - Asus P7P55D LE - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4Gig - Coolermaster HAF932
Club Radeon 5850 - Corsair HX750W - OCZ Vertex 2 120Gig SSD - 2x Seagate 1.5TB
Samsung 2494HS 1920x1080 - Logitech G15 - Logitech G500
BlackBerry Bold 9900 - iPod Touch 8Gig 2G
LordRage

Post by LordRage »

lol @ jamin, shame man. I have to study, so my day has been boring too..
Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. (Karl Marx)
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

you see you've just done what you are supposed to. you bought the original.

And Jamin, (oh the stuff I want to post right now would get me soooo BANNED)

I understand that there is anime out there that it is legal to copy and share, I have no problem with that but I do have a problem being told that I'm not allowed discussing the sharing of TV shows when that is what people are doing when they share copyrighted Anime.

I don't like anime and I have no problem with other people liking it and watching it, in fact my brother likes the jap crap as well. What I do have a problem with is double standards. All I'm asking for is that when any member posts any thing to do with trading Anime please just make sure that none of it is copyrighted.
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

See I think why the major problem is with TV shows, is cause they are in fact already licensed (sucking from thumb so can be wrong) by companies like The WB... They don't only get licensed once their DVD's are being sold...

Remember they are already English made by those companies, where as anime is mainly originally Japanese and thus the licensing occurs when it gets translated...
Intel i5 750 - Asus P7P55D LE - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4Gig - Coolermaster HAF932
Club Radeon 5850 - Corsair HX750W - OCZ Vertex 2 120Gig SSD - 2x Seagate 1.5TB
Samsung 2494HS 1920x1080 - Logitech G15 - Logitech G500
BlackBerry Bold 9900 - iPod Touch 8Gig 2G
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

KillerByte wrote:Jamin, (oh the stuff I want to post right now would get me soooo BANNED)
PM me what you wanted to say. I need a good laugh.
KillerByte wrote:I do have a problem being told that I'm not allowed discussing the sharing of TV shows when that is what people are doing when they share copyrighted Anime.
I think we just found the reason for KB starting this inane thread.

He's pissed that he cant discuss his pirating activities, so he wants to start some ****. The whole misery loves company shtick.

What a delightfully empty life you must lead, KB - to be so upset by such trivial things. I love you. Please don't ever leave these forums.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

<yawn>...

This matter has been cleared with 4 mods, 2 of which admins and all of them wholehartedly understand our view.

Everything we have ever traded are listed in the status thread bright as day for everyone to see. For good reason, we have nothing to fear. Nothing licensed in SA has ever been traded and nothing licensed in SA ever will.

Your TV show pirating you bragged about were all showing on SA television you **** turd, hence your pirating, you **** game stealing chop.

So **** with this bs, it's getting old.
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

Rayne's use of expletive highlights the mentality of the little kiddies that watch anime.

good night. its bed time children.
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

Now that KillerByte has gone to bed I can lock this...