Loveless (Shounen Ai)

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
larch

Loveless (Shounen Ai)

Post by larch »

Twelve-year old Aoyagi Ritsuka lost his only kin when his brother, Aoyagi Seimei, was killed under mysterious circumstances. One day, he meets Agatsuma Soubi, who claims to know his brother. It turns out that Soubi and Seimei used to be a fighting pair, whereby Soubi was the "Fighter" and Seimei was the "Sacrifice". Now that Seimei is gone, Soubi `belongs` to Ritsuka who will become his new "Sacrifice". After learning that Seimei was killed by an organisation known as the "Nanatsu no Tsuki", Ritsuka decides to join forces with Soubi and investigate the truth behind his brother`s death.
I love how goth and eerie the settings were shown. I think it`s due to the watercolor-like animation. Very beautiful. And the battles were done with lots of vibrant colors and movements, so it`s a feast to the eye.

If you like psychological animes, especially sad ones then this is a good choice. It’s certainly unique, both in animation and in plot. It’s extremely character oriented, so don`t expect too much action (the fight scenes are rather abstract). The story is very emotional, it encourages you to become attached to the characters and react when something happens to them. If you`re looking for something that`s not fluffy, but not too involved either (it’s a pretty easy watch, as well as its only 12 episodes) this is a good anime to see.

[center]Image[/center]
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Sounds like something I'ld like. But can't they make it between guy and girl.
Like fafner. It was good but the main thing revolved around two guys.....
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

Or even beter, between 2 girls :lol: You almost mak its sound like fafner was shounen ai.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

It almost felt like shounen ai. Heck I'm pretty sure it was. The main guy only ranted on and on about the other guy as if he wanted it hard. Damn there were even female characters around and he was behaving like that...

2 girls is good too. Yuri would've been fun in fsn.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
larch

Post by larch »

ZeroS wrote:It almost felt like shounen ai. Heck I'm pretty sure it was. The main guy only ranted on and on about the other guy as if he wanted it hard. Damn there were even female characters around and he was behaving like that...

2 girls is good too. Yuri would've been fun in fsn.
Fafner wasnt shounen ai not even close, shounen ai would be shows like Loveless, X tv series, Get Backers ect...
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

I wouldnt even say Getbackers was shounen ai.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Get Backers is..... NOES!!!
I can only hope you're right Nuke.

In fafner, that main guy was just too close to that Soushiro. It was really freaky. Can you imagine the H on that!? 8O
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

No never tried to imagine it, but whatever floats your boat. :wink:

How about renaming the thread to the shounen ai thread?
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

My first encounter with yaoi was Gravitation.
Boy, did i fright. Watched the first eps and renewed my allegiance to heterosexuality.
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

where is jee and her love for guy on guy action? :evil:
Intel i5 750 - Asus P7P55D LE - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4Gig - Coolermaster HAF932
Club Radeon 5850 - Corsair HX750W - OCZ Vertex 2 120Gig SSD - 2x Seagate 1.5TB
Samsung 2494HS 1920x1080 - Logitech G15 - Logitech G500
BlackBerry Bold 9900 - iPod Touch 8Gig 2G