UEFA Champions League 06 - 07

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
naughty

Post by naughty »

But now man utd only needs a 1-0 home win.
thats a minimum of 1-0 - if Roma play like the way they did last night when they come to Old Trafford - United are going to need 3-1 at least - which is going to be doubtful

Scholes does have to go and get himself sent off - and then all Fergie can do is send on Fletcher - as for Saha - as much as i like him - ever since coming on his name wasnt even mentioned - and the entire team played like a bunch of idiots - O-Shea whom i normally like was running around like a fairy last night - and Ronaldo was taking long pot shots that were like rugby kicks

for some reason or the other United didnt try to play their pinpoint passing game and only one flash of brilliance was rewarded by a goal which even though im glad they got they really didnt deserve based on the performance they were doling out - half their players didnt look as if they deserve 100 000 pounds a year leave alone the 100 000 pounds a week they receive as a salary

it was dreary and woeful from united besides for that 1 minute passage of play when they scored
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

naughty wrote:
But now man utd only needs a 1-0 home win.
thats a minimum of 1-0 - if Roma play like the way they did last night when they come to Old Trafford - United are going to need 3-1 at least - which is going to be doubtful

Scholes does have to go and get himself sent off - and then all Fergie can do is send on Fletcher - as for Saha - as much as i like him - ever since coming on his name wasnt even mentioned - and the entire team played like a bunch of idiots - O-Shea whom i normally like was running around like a fairy last night - and Ronaldo was taking long pot shots that were like rugby kicks

for some reason or the other United didnt try to play their pinpoint passing game and only one flash of brilliance was rewarded by a goal which even though im glad they got they really didnt deserve based on the performance they were doling out - half their players didnt look as if they deserve 100 000 pounds a year leave alone the 100 000 pounds a week they receive as a salary

it was dreary and woeful from united besides for that 1 minute passage of play when they scored
Naughty I think roma didn't allow you to play your pinpoint passing game through the way they push up even in the man utd half and pressurize the man on the ball.

But atleast for the man utd fans you are still in the tie . It should be a good game for the second leg.
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
i5 2500k with thermalright cooler,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

The next leg is going to be very interesting indeed...

I think United will beat Roma at home but Chelsea have really got a hard game on their hands.

I was so dissapointed to watch the game end 1-1 as Chelsea did enough to win that match. I was so surprised when Joe Cole came on but sadly he made no difference.

Heinze played like a fool for United
I am 63% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

ADV4NCED wrote:The next leg is going to be very interesting indeed...

I think United will beat Roma at home but Chelsea have really got a hard game on their hands.

I was so dissapointed to watch the game end 1-1 as Chelsea did enough to win that match. I was so surprised when Joe Cole came on but sadly he made no difference.

Roma in europe play better away from home than at home. This will be far from easy for man utd.
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
jPm

Post by jPm »

Bayern has it in the bag!!

They have 2 away goals, and in the next leg they will have Kahn and Bommel back.

Bommel Brings a lot the midfield, with his physical presents as well as his play making capabilites. Kahn Brings tons of motivation and scares opponents.

I think Bayern Can win The champions league.

Hope its a United Vs Munchen Final, but this time muchen must win. :)
naughty

Post by naughty »

Hope its a United Vs Munchen Final, but this time muchen must win.
if united can play well enough to get to the final in the next game :roll: :roll: :roll:

they are playing like a bunch of ballet dancers in pink tutu's right now - i blame poor team selection notwithstanding injury problems
why single out one man - everyone including Van De Saar was disappointing - i mean punching a ball to the opponents feet - then Ferdinand was at his clumsiest worst ....when vidic isnt around it exposes uniteds defence mercilessly - and Christiano Ronaldo was nowhere near threatening the goal - Rooney scored a goal is all i can say about him - and the rest of the players were all busy taking the week off from the way they were playing :roll: :roll: - at least they didnt put on either one of those clowns Park or Richardson on - they'd have lost by a bigger margin then - and as for Paul Scholes - i could say a lot but they dont allow that type of language in this forum - he isnt a shadow of Roy Keane as Uniteds "tough Man in midfield"
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
UndaGrad

Post by UndaGrad »

:lol: And I used to wonder why he (Scholes) isn't their captain. Scholes helped in Roma's loss.
I think Chelsea win. I wasn't that impressed with Valencia. They lacked the pace and stamina to match Chelsea. They were also just too defensive for my liking.
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

UndaGrad wrote::lol: And I used to wonder why he (Scholes) isn't their captain. Scholes helped in Roma's loss.
I think Chelsea win. I wasn't that impressed with Valencia. They lacked the pace and stamina to match Chelsea. They were also just too defensive for my liking.
They are always defensive it's the way they play. They play a counterattacking game. And they will play the same way tonight at home. with the away goal they will try to do to chelsea what they did to Inter in the last round. Chelsea need an early goal else they have trouble. Away goals kill you in this competition.

I think it will end 1-1 with chelsea going through on penalties.

Roma will get a draw in manchester and get through.
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
UndaGrad

Post by UndaGrad »

And there I was thinking that Man Utd would go through. They didn't deserve to anyway, so good luck to Roma.
maestro_za

Post by maestro_za »

At least 'Pool are almost guarenteed to go through to the Semi's.

IN RAFA WWE TRUST FTW ... :lol:

L8r
Owner @ Quick Flow IT
Xbox 360 Services

PC: In need of an upgrade :)
capoeira

Post by capoeira »

My assessment about Man U was wrong :oops:
A total dissapointment
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

Man United are 3 - 0 to Roma so far. 30mins into the game
Spicy-McHaggis

Post by Spicy-McHaggis »

DoOb wrote:Man United are 3 - 0 to Roma so far. 30mins into the game
Man United FTW!!!
Hapy happy happy
Back in NL...
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

NUMBER 4 for UNITED
Spicy-McHaggis

Post by Spicy-McHaggis »

NUMBER 5 for UNITED!!!
Hapy happy happy
Back in NL...
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

W00t W00t

Freak they are rapping these oh's

(Watching on my TV card)
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

6-1
Spicy-McHaggis

Post by Spicy-McHaggis »

7-1
Hapy happy happy
Back in NL...
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Is this like the raping of the century?
Spicy-McHaggis

Post by Spicy-McHaggis »

so DoOb's check this out i have got 150 bucks on this game :D
Hapy happy happy
Back in NL...
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

Well done to man utd fans. Roma embarrased themselfs and italian football with this display. they seem to give up after the carrick goal.

And welldone to chelsea. Great performance.
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
Spicy-McHaggis

Post by Spicy-McHaggis »

so that was easy money!
Hapy happy happy
Back in NL...
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

Lol @ the united match!

Valencia let Chelsea get the better of them after the break when the 2nd half started. They played too defensive and came out thinking they would defend the half - Bad decision!

In the first half Valencia gave Chelsea so much trouble, Chelsea actually looked kinda crap in the first 45mins, mainly because Valencia were closing the players down and there was NO space on the field. Even Chelsea's long balls forward weren't doing the trick.

As for Essien, he is a brilliant versatile player - gives his best at any position and I'm so happy he scored the winner for us :D
I am 63% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
capoeira

Post by capoeira »

Milan showed the true Italian defense force. That's the envied defence of Italian clubs. Now, Man Utd vs Milan? Hehe. milan wont be a walkover 4 sure. im impressed with their defence. Finally Kaka and Ronaldo will do battle - if that's possible (winger versus centre-forward)

Chelsea vs Liverpool. Who knows? I dont have supersport 3 and cant stay up sunday nights for etv