UEFA Champions League 06 - 07

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
UndaGrad

Eto'o comeback

Post by UndaGrad »

From Eurosport.com
Samuel Eto'o made a late return for Barcelona in an ultimately dull goalless draw at Osasuna. The Eto'o comeback after several months out with a knee injury failed to make any impact in a match that saw Barcelona field an experimental XI.
I missed the game, and hope that SuperSport shows replays of it (never mind how boring it was). Wonder how Eto'o will influence the rest of Barca's UEFA season...
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

Very disappointing week. We dominate the entire firts half should be up by atleast 2 goals and half time. Then go to sleep for the fist 20 minutes of the second half. And concede 2 away goals.

It's going to be very tough to win in valencia :( .
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
i5 2500k with thermalright cooler,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
Road_Kill

Post by Road_Kill »

Interfan wrote:Very disappointing week. We dominate the entire firts half should be up by atleast 2 goals and half time. Then go to sleep for the fist 20 minutes of the second half. And concede 2 away goals.

History is on out side, last time we palyed there in 2004/5, we beat them 5-1. The goals that they scored were rare, they didn't really create any real chances, I don't see them scoring like that again, and with Viera coming back, the defence will be even stronger. I was surprised that they didn't start Adriano.
I want something good to die for, to make it beautifull to live - Queens of the Stone Age-Go with the flow
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

Road_Kill wrote:
Interfan wrote:Very disappointing week. We dominate the entire firts half should be up by atleast 2 goals and half time. Then go to sleep for the fist 20 minutes of the second half. And concede 2 away goals.

History is on out side, last time we palyed there in 2004/5, we beat them 5-1. The goals that they scored were rare, they didn't really create any real chances, I don't see them scoring like that again, and with Viera coming back, the defence will be even stronger. I was surprised that they didn't start Adriano.
Patrick is out for a month with a thigh injury. Cambiasso is doutfull with another thigh injury picked up after he scored.

Adriano wasn't fit according to mancini. some say it's cause he partied too much before the game.
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
Road_Kill

Post by Road_Kill »

Interfan wrote:
Road_Kill wrote:

Patrick is out for a month with a thigh injury. Cambiasso is doutfull with another thigh injury picked up after he scored.

Adriano wasn't fit according to mancini. some say it's cause he partied too much before the game.
That sucks, but at least Inter has planty of back up players! What's happened to Grosso? Is he still injured? Guess we better hope that Crespo plays well. Which he can!
I want something good to die for, to make it beautifull to live - Queens of the Stone Age-Go with the flow
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

Road_Kill wrote:
Interfan wrote:
Road_Kill wrote:

That sucks, but at least Inter has planty of back up players! What's happened to Grosso? Is he still injured? Guess we better hope that Crespo plays well. Which he can!
Grosso hasn't been playing very well. Maxwell has taken his first team spot. Mancini wanted to be very defensive on wednesday thats why Burdisso played lb.

a Big advantage for us could be that Albelda will be out for them.

We have a good record in valencia. 2 wins and a 2-1 loss.

Lets hope for the best.
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
capoeira

Last 8

Post by capoeira »

Matchday 9 - Tuesday, 03 April
Milan vs Bayern - Bayern to win
PSV vs Liverpool - My money's on Liverpool

Matchday 9 - Wednesday, 04 April
Roma vs Man. United » Man Utd will ultimately come out as winners;whether during 1st or 2nd leg
Chelsea vs Valencia More » Chelsea
jPm

Post by jPm »

Bayern gnna win the champs League.

unfortunately, bommel isn't gnna play the first leg coz of suspension, but they will use demichelis or karimi in that position, with hargreaves holding the defense of the midfield.

Manchester should go through as there opponents are not the hardest, although they do usually fall to the easier teams.
capoeira

Post by capoeira »

I reckon either Man Utd, Bayern or Chelsea will take the title. I haven't found out which teams will play which in the semis. so those are my faves.
I personally particularly like Bayern because of their performances against Real. They've had the toughest team to defeat (I think)
It would be nice if Oliver Kahn could retire as the cap'n of the European club champs. 8)
UndaGrad

Post by UndaGrad »

Go Blues!
jPm

Post by jPm »

Blues have a chance if they play Robben on the wing for the whole match and joe cole other side. With 2 strikes, shev and drogba.

Middle ballack makele and lampard
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

Joe Cole is still injured. I believe he wont play this season.

I honestly think the final will come up to Chelsea vs Man Utd.

IMO the premier league is by far the strongest in the world and the two english teams are probably the best in the world atm (definetly United).

Chelsea have been on the slip this season but nothing stops Drogba or Lampard from scoring a few :twisted:

I'm a Chelsea supporter btw :wink:
I am 63% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

Chelsea vs Roma is my prediction for the final. Won't get into a debate on which league is the best. All I will say is different strokes for different folks on that one.
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

Roma ftw. I had to say it. But then again Chelsea All the way
UndaGrad

Post by UndaGrad »

Roma? Beat on-form Man Utd? Ronaldo will surely perform tricks around them. He's on fire this season 8)
BTW I think that Italian football possesses flair that is the envy of many leagues around the world. Best goals of the season I've seen have been from that league. All those spectacular goals remind me of the Brazillian team... of winning form...
Road_Kill

Post by Road_Kill »

UndaGrad wrote:Roma? Beat on-form Man Utd? Ronaldo will surely perform tricks around them. He's on fire this season 8)
BTW I think that Italian football possesses flair that is the envy of many leagues around the world. Best goals of the season I've seen have been from that league. All those spectacular goals remind me of the Brazillian team... of winning form...
I agree, when I watch the Serie A highlights and see the ten best goals, they are way ahead of any league, but that is why the Serie has the title of the hardest league in the world.

Roma may just cause an upset, yes Ronaldo is in top form, but you need more than one player to win, and Roma has an inform Totti, Perrota, De Rossi, and Mancini, not to mention a top defence. THe Italians are known for their defence, and we will have to see if Ronaldo can break it. I'm for Roma, since Inter was so dissapointing!
UndaGrad

Post by UndaGrad »

I agree that maybe the Man Utd squad hasn't been that consistent as a team, with Saha not scoring as many goals as he could, and Rooney getting outclassed by Ronaldo. But their performances in the competition have been quite impressive. (I await the day they lose to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge - in the Premier League. WED 09-MAY-07)
When you say you're for Roma, are you talking about their form in the Champions League, or in the Serie A?
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

It will be very interesting Man utd vs Roma. Man utd don't play sides like roma very often. It's a total different prospect facing them. With most sides that you face you have a reference point in a central striker while roma thats not the case. Their movement is incredible. They play as a so called striker but he is nothing like the central forwards most teams play with. A.Mancini,De rossi,Perrota,Taddei,etc will cause Man utd problems.

Roma's form in both serie a and the champions league has been very good. The may be far behind Inter in Serie a but thats no fault of their own. Inter is having a record season in serie a. While Roma were very impressive in their cl win vs lyon. The key in these champions league games are not to concede away goals. Just go and ask any of us Inter fans. It hurts going out on that away goals rule.
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
Road_Kill

Post by Road_Kill »

Roma are going to be the surprise, the experts in Italy said at the start of the season that they believed that Roma would WIN the Champions league. They play some of the best football in the world for me, maybe not always the most effective, but always good to watch. Remember, Totti is one of the best players in the world, Ferguson has said on many occasions that he believes he was the best player, and always believed that Italy would win the last two world cups, just, because of Totti. While he never performed up to standard, on his day, no one can beat his team, because he completely dominates the midfield. Just watch him when he plays, he is one of the most accurate players in the world. But, the problem for Roma will always be RONALDO, he is a monster at the moment, undoubtly the best in the world at the moment.
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

I think Drogba has a good shout too when talking about the best.

I still think Drogba is the most on-form striker in Europe atm.
I am 63% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
UndaGrad

Post by UndaGrad »

Surprise, surprise... Liverpool thrashes PSV! What a shame these losers had to be embarassed in front of their own home fans :cry:
AC Milan have made things a lot more difficult for themselves, with a 2-2 draw at home. They clearly forgot what the Munich blokes are capable of! They did it to Real Madrid, and will do the same to Milan.

Tonight's games: I'm having second thoughts about an easy Chelsea win. It appears Valencia are very capable of holding their own! I watched the EUFA Champions League show highlights, and they really want to win it this year. They'll give Chelsea a good run, no doubt.
But Roma vs Man Utd? No further comments...
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

Milan have shot themselves in the foot. It was like daja watching that game it was exactaly like what happend to Inter-Valencia in the previous round. The team from milan being the better side but not concentrating till the end.

Looking forward to Roma vs Man utd tonight should be a cracker.

On chelsea-valencia, chelsea if they don't concede away goals will win this tie easily. Valencia had their luck in the last round :cry: .
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
UndaGrad

Post by UndaGrad »

It would have been something, were Chelsea rather playing Inter.
Well, good luck to both Roma and Man Utd. I will be a neutral viewer, but it would be something if 3 English sides were to go through. I wonder if that's happened before...
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

UndaGrad wrote:It would have been something, were Chelsea rather playing Inter.
Well, good luck to both Roma and Man Utd. I will be a neutral viewer, but it would be something if 3 English sides were to go through. I wonder if that's happened before...
Not sure about english but I think 3 italian and 3 spanish sides has done it before.

I will also just be neutral tonight.
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

Good result for man utd. Roma really can only blame themselves for conceding a silly away goal. Even before scholes sending off they were the better side. But now man utd only needs a 1-0 home win.

And valencia surprised me they played allot better than they did vs Inter. And Chelsea now have a huge task. 0-0 in valencia will suit valencia fine.
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer