Michael Schumacher retires

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

brabham wrote:Sadly I think we will now see the decline of Ferrari begin again. I'm not saying it will be immediate, but I dont class Raikonnen in the same category as Schumi. Unless some new prodigous talent comes around very quickly we are headed for the dark years of Formula 1. Dont talk to me about Alonso and Raikonnen. They are fast sure but mostly because they are in good cars. Neither of them have that something special tho.
first off well done to MS for his brilliant career, here's hoping you make it 8!

2ndly kimi has never had a real chance to shine whenever he starts showing the F1 world how fast he is his car gives up the ghost. i for one cant wait to see just how fast kimi will be in the ferrari seat, hell with a chance like this he could possibly start breaking a few of MS's records...

Vodoo and Kronos I am really sorry to say this but I am sick of Mclarens failures and am glad to see Kimi leave them, I really am hoping that his move to Ferrari will give him all the success he deserves...

<if my sentences dont make sense its because I am at work during night shift :P >
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
VoodooProphetII

Post by VoodooProphetII »

Anakha56 wrote:
brabham wrote:Sadly I think we will now see the decline of Ferrari begin again. I'm not saying it will be immediate, but I dont class Raikonnen in the same category as Schumi. Unless some new prodigous talent comes around very quickly we are headed for the dark years of Formula 1. Dont talk to me about Alonso and Raikonnen. They are fast sure but mostly because they are in good cars. Neither of them have that something special tho.
first off well done to MS for his brilliant career, here's hoping you make it 8!

2ndly kimi has never had a real chance to shine whenever he starts showing the F1 world how fast he is his car gives up the ghost. i for one cant wait to see just how fast kimi will be in the ferrari seat, hell with a chance like this he could possibly start breaking a few of MS's records...

Vodoo and Kronos I am really sorry to say this but I am sick of Mclarens failures and am glad to see Kimi leave them, I really am hoping that his move to Ferrari will give him all the success he deserves...

<if my sentences dont make sense its because I am at work during night shift :P >
Anakha56...I do agree. I might not be a Fa...I mean Ferrari fan, but for Kimi's sake I hope he does great things in that car, as he should.
ichigo

Post by ichigo »

Kronos wrote:ichigo, are the punctuation keys on your keyboard broken?

You seem like the typical MS fan. No matter what he does, in your eyes, he just can't do any wrong.

I'm affraid that he is only human. And he does make mistakes, and he does do things wrong.

MS is no doubt a great racing driver, but to say he is the greatest ever, is an overstatement.
He certainly is the most successful, if you look at his record achievements, but who is to say that Aerton Senna, Allain Prost, or even Kimi Raikonen wouldn't be able to do the same or better if they had been put in the same situation?
let me get one thing straight i did not say that shumacher is always right but what i was reffering to was that when ever shumacher does a little mistake they tend to jump down his throat saying his a cheat, but let me point out when Alonso does something the same as shumacher, then they let it go off easily for him so what is it showing that people actually have grudges against shumacher. So kronos i suggest you read before jumping to conclusions,especially what i've said above earlier :!:
What you see is what you want to see, but what you do see you can\'t

Baka Wa Shinanakya Naoranai
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Sure, Schumi may have been a good driver... He has the records to prove it...

It is however VERY good that he retires from F1 this year. He ispast his prime and is no longer truly racing for the 'fun' in it... Had he continued another year I would have put money on it that he would either kill or seriously injure himself or someone else in an accident similair to the great Ayrton Senna.

I never liked Schumi... Nor Senna. It seems I like the underdogs more. I do however admit that they were the champions in the time... They just need to realise when the end is and stop racing.

Michael has done quite a few things in the passing season that is blatantly a way of trying to block the opposition from outperforming him. It may not always be construed as cheating, nor may it be strictly illegal, yet it was obvious....

I say goodbye to MS with a smile... Now lets see what other people do with the car...

ichigo -- Please attempt to write more than two sentences in 4 lines... Using a full stop and a bit of capitalisation does wonders for the readability of your posts... Almost as much as spelling does...
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
ichigo

Post by ichigo »

Slasher wrote: ichigo -- Please attempt to write more than two sentences in 4 lines... Using a full stop and a bit of capitalisation does wonders for the readability of your posts... Almost as much as spelling does...[/quote]

Listen i dont know what you trying to get at, but stop trying to judge my vocabulary if i want to write like that then just leave me be!
Btw stop talking a whole lot of b******* seems like you know absolutely nothing about formula 1 and i think you should also read before you jump to conclusions.

(btw sorry people for the spamming its just i must let my point of view get out there)

HuNtingGoof

Post by HuNtingGoof »

@Slasher

I also totally agree that Shumi was a brilliant driver in his prime, but I feel that his prime hasn't completely left him mainly cause he proved that in the last race. He won the last race and is still in contention to win THIS season.

Although I think that it is a great time for him to retire because he has been in racing for quite sometime and it's always good to leave on a high and definately not like the great Senna, which I was a huge fan of btw!

Yes.. it is a great loss to F1, but it might be a good thing for it to allowing younger racers to take this chance to become as good/great as Shumi is..
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

ichigo, mind yourself. There is no need to get aggravated.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and slasher DOES know something about F1.

As for me jumping to conclusions:
I don't jump to conclusions.
Your posts on the first page clearly indicate that you think Schumi is the best thing since sliced bread.
And then you come up with this conspiricy theory that everyone just has it in for him.
This proves my point that you are a typical MS fan.

Finally, you can write your love letters to your girlfriend however you want, but I (and the rest of the forum members) would like to be able to read what you write, without getting a migraine.
You're not the first member to come up with this argument of "I'll write how I want to", and your not the first who will fail at it.
So, in future, if I can't read your post, or get a migraine doing so, I'll assume that it's BS or spam, and delete it. Fair enough?
Ark
Processor: E4400
Graphics card: 8800GTX
Memory: 4GB DDR2

Post by Ark »

You guys hear of Schumacher's replacement?

16-bit Corpse
Spoiler: (show)
I like scrota.
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

@ ichigo

what Kronos and Slaher was saying is true, its exactly why i didn't read your whole post and didn't reply to you

@ Cap

Yeah a cheat.. This year he has done at least 3 things that are against the rules and FIA have jumped down his thought for ..
The one incident was the qualifying for Monaco.. Are you trying to tell me that a racer with that much experience and class is stupid enough put his car in a such a position, so that the other drivers could not qualify and therefor could not take pole. He did it on purpose

Another incident was during a race(cant remember which one) When he was being pressured by a McLaren Driver and lost his line, he proceeded to cut the track and pull right in front if him again.. The rules state that you may not gain advantage by cutting the track, which he did.. And he never let the driver though.. He eventually crashed out of that race, which made me happy.. He deserved his fate in that race

Then do i need to remind you of a race a few years back when R.Barichello was leading the whole race and let MS through a few meters before the finish line.. Is that win part of his oh so magnificent record

There a many more questionable act that he done, cant remember them all, maybe some other members wish to bring them to light

And something that has been bugging me for years
It seems as if the FIA have always had the backs of Team Ferrari and MS.. always bending the rules to better suite their team.. I can understand this in a way.. The sport of F1 has never been so strong, and they were giving the people what they wanted. The total domination of the Red machine

but maybe this could be a new era of F1, with some great talents viaing for the spot of king of the hill

I think MS leaving F1 is a breath of fresh air to the sport

Bring on Kimmi in a Ferrari and Alonso in a Mclaren
Next year should be great, not that im saying this year isn't.. actually the last 3 years of F1 has been really exciting

Peace, and sorry if i offended anyone by not being more clear in my original posts
ichigo

Post by ichigo »

so why dont you people just call this particular thread:The Hate the Micheal Shumacher thread.
It seems fitting for the conversations thats taken place so far just my point of view!!!!

im not trying to cause an argument but that is just what i think

rustypup

Post by rustypup »

fine..

my names rustypup and i hate michael "get out of my way or die, you scum" schumacher... :roll:

as for him being a "good teamplayer" HA! ... how many times did he run his "team"-mate off the road ?....

laugh?... i nearly wet my depends...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

ichigo wrote:so why dont you people just call this particular thread:The Hate the Micheal Shumacher thread.
Because this thread isn't about how much we hate him, Its about him retiring
We all have different views on this subject, and that's why this thread was created.. for us to post our views... not to lick his balls

Don't take it so personally dude, its not your fault MS is an idiot :lol:
ichigo

Post by ichigo »

DEeRaY wrote:
ichigo wrote:so why dont you people just call this particular thread:The Hate the Micheal Shumacher thread.
Because this thread isn't about how much we hate him, Its about him retiring
We all have different views on this subject, and that's why this thread was created.. for us to post our views... not to lick his balls

Don't take it so personally dude, its not your fault MS is an idiot :lol:
A proven point you just gave me the answer that his an idiot so why not just call the damn thread The Hate the Micheal Shumacher thread

VoodooProphetII

Post by VoodooProphetII »

It seems fitting for the conversations thats taken place so far just my point of view!!!!

So far through this thread there seems to be more love for the Helmet Head then hate. In the end, those who love him, will say that he's the best, and the others will say that he's a cheat.

Objectivity regarding MS is a little difficult taking his so-called "stature" which is why it's so easy to spot a MS fan from a mile away 8O .

I mentioned before that it feels as though there's outside factors involved in this so-called brilliant motor sport. And brilliant it is, because ultimately we go back for more, and more and more. Like a soapie, with more and more wierd things happening (changing rules, bending rules, and forgetting rules). This one cheating on that one :twisted: And we go back for more. So it seems like the recipe or lets say formula is working :!:

In the end the fan of the sport, need to be flexible, as flexible as a ferrari rear wing to avoid any disqualification, because the one team's mass dampers, might just dampen your spirits.

F1, I salute thee........ 8)
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

@ichigo

How old are you dude, judging by the PMs i just received from you, you must be 5 .. btw.. they were forwarded to an admin.
VoodooProphetII wrote: In the end the fan of the sport, need to be flexible, as flexible as a ferrari rear wing to avoid any disqualification, because the one team's mass dampers, might just dampen your spirits.
Exacalty :wink:
Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

@DEeRaY
Yo dude I'm A schumacher fan and don't act like a toddler over this stuff
HuNtingGoof

Post by HuNtingGoof »

Maybe cause not ALL of us hate Shumi!!
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

Crackpot wrote:@DEeRaY
Yo dude I'm A schumacher fan and don't act like a toddler over this stuff
Your should see what this fool(ichigo) sent me in the PM system, you would swear that he is MS lovechild.... He took it really personnaly
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

DEeRaY wrote:you would swear that he is MS lovechild....
:lol:

despite the fact that i:
a) couldn't care less if i was willing to make the effort, (i'm not)
b) last watched F1 about 4 years ago
c) made what is quite possibly *the* weakest troll-post ever...

i still managed to get one or two affronted pms... sometimes, it really does pay to prod the natives... :twisted: i will never get why people get worked up over sports :? global warming, genocide, religion... sport?...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

Haha rusty, so you got flamed over PM too, what the hell is his problem :lol:
HuNtingGoof

Post by HuNtingGoof »

Is this gonna be like the STEVE IRWIN thread..
Cause if it is then I'd ask to get it locked now!
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

nah please dont lock it
Im done....
MrDeVil_909

Post by MrDeVil_909 »

Hmmm...personally I don't like MS.

You can't argue with the record books though, 7 world championships, many of them in substandard cars and most of them without allegations of cheating.

Is he a saint whose footsteps trail rainbows and butterflies? No, obviously not, he is a sportsman with a killer instinct and the will to do what has to be done, sometimes going a bit too far, but when you have a millisecond to make a decision it can't always be the chivalrous one.

I was a bit young when Senna was driving to remember much about him, but I remember him being dogged with controversy over his own behaviour. The cult of Saint Ayrton that has grown since his death has inevitably whitewashed these things. The thing I remember most clearly is Senna punching Eddie Irvine who had the temerity to unlap himself!

It is a pity he died, it would have been awesome to see 2 of the greatest drivers in history racing against each other on a more equal footing.

Anyway, that's all i have to say.
NinjaTic

Post by NinjaTic »

This thread is starting to get out of hand, but before it goes totally off topic, I'd like to add my 2 cents worth:

Firstly, I have been an F1 fan for about 18 years, and I've seen the likes of Mansel, Senna, Hill, Hakinnen etc. as well as Schumi's first race in F1. I used to hate the guy - mainly because he seemed so arrogant in his interviews. But after seeing his brilliance time and time again, I started to develop some real respect for the guy. I've read many articles, and watched many documentaries about F1 and Schumacher in particular, and one thing that really stands out in him as opposed to all the other drivers is his dedication to the sport and to Ferrari. The amount of testing and input that he gives to Ferrari is unbelievable. Obviously with his experience his input is unmatched, but the effort he inserts into the team is also unmatched.

People generally don't like SM too much, I think mainly due to the fact that he made F1 slightly boring, with so many season's of complete domination of the sport by Ferrari and MS. To me this is no reason to hate him! Hate the other guys that are not keeping up with him! How can you hate someone because they are good - that's what they strive for! I agree that the Ferrari team was much better than any other competitor for a long time, and that caused many people to point fingers at MS and say "you're only winning because you have a good car". The car, however, wouldn't be as good as it was if it weren't for MS. When he moved from Benetton, he identified the people who could make Ferrari great, and took them with him. His pit crew, used to be leaps and bounds ahead of any other pit crews, directly due to MS. He would spend days and months, practicing with the crew, identifying problems and finding solutions for them.

I agree that MS has done some dodgy things in his career, that have crossed some ethical and moral boundaries, but who hasn't. In such a competitive sport (as well as such a long career) there is always going to be a time when a decision taken might not be the best option available. I don't believe that a few mistakes on his part should cloud the positive impact that he has made to the sport.

All in all, In personally believe that MS is the greatest driver of all time, not only because he holds all the records that he does, and earns so much money, but for the fact that he had a huge part to make F1 what it is today. He might not have the most natural talent (that some of the young guns like Alonso, and Kimi really do have), but the effort that he has given to the sport has made him, in my opinion, the name of formula one. Michael Schumacher is to F1 as Tiger Woods is to golf.
neon_chameleon wrote:

Im 22 next week and I cant commit to what Im going to eat for breakfast. I mean cereal is so boring but its quick, and eggs take forever to make and theres the toast to make sure you dont burn....
HuNtingGoof

Post by HuNtingGoof »

Word Ninja.. WORD!!!