Naruto discussions here

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Hellfury

Post by Hellfury »

I think Sasuke is weak because he took the easy way out and ran to Orochimaru. Naruto learnt to do things the hard way in life unlike the villges "Precious", pompus, arrogant little Sasuke-kun. When he noticed Naruto was getting stronger than him, he ran away because he couldn't deal with the fact that someone was stronger than him.

@Rayne, even without Kyuubi Naruto has an enourmous amount of chakra and an insane amout of chakra-stamina. In the fight against Gaara, Naruto only used Kyuubi in the end, fro the final blow.
AMD FX 8120 @4.7Ghz |Antec Kuhler 920 |ASUS Sabertooth 990fx| 16Gb DDR3 1866 Vengeance|GTX 460 1gb |OCZ Vertex 3 60gb (OS) + HyperX 240Gb (Games)|2tb+320gb+250gb(x3)+160gb hdds| CM Silent Pro Gold 1000w| Aerocool Strike X ST| Dell 23" LED LCD |Windows 8 Pro x64
HuNtingGoof

Post by HuNtingGoof »

Hellfury wrote:I think Sasuke is weak because he took the easy way out and ran to Orochimaru. Naruto learnt to do things the hard way in life unlike the villges "Precious", pompus, arrogant little Sasuke-kun. When he noticed Naruto was getting stronger than him, he ran away because he couldn't deal with the fact that someone was stronger than him.

@Rayne, even without Kyuubi Naruto has an enourmous amount of chakra and an insane amout of chakra-stamina. In the fight against Gaara, Naruto only used Kyuubi in the end, fro the final blow.
Well Hellfury -- Further on in the manga series THIS very thing is proven!!
He goes into his Kyuubi form and accidently hits Sakura-chan and we notice that his Kyuubi chakra is actually a poisoning chakra and which is evident n him when he goes into THAT form, but because of his huge amount of chakra he's able to heal himself almost instantaniuosly..

THAT'S proof of his huge amount of chakra n that's we he has a great stamina and is able to contain the beast!!
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

Ok so my 'unique', as again, is written like that as to show that it's not completely for one person/clan... My unique is meant that it's not a technique that every single person could do...

As for power:
I agree that we cannot account for Sakura just yet... Showing up so little does not mean that her final roll will end in a closet or wood doing training...
Naruto I also think has a lot of natural chakra, though having alot does not mean he is 'strong'... As we saw with the match against Kakashi and that assassin (name?)...
With Sasuke, he is I think, more skilled than the other 2 yet he lacks the ability that Sakura has to use his chakra to it's full potential, though atm with his seal, he might not even need to control it that well...

Is it truly the fact that Sasuke has the Sharingan that he is able to do the Chidori? (Not taking elements in account here)
Do you not think that it is possible for, Naruto e.g., to also do it though thanks to the Sharingan, Sasuke is just able to do it so much easier and faster?
Intel i5 750 - Asus P7P55D LE - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4Gig - Coolermaster HAF932
Club Radeon 5850 - Corsair HX750W - OCZ Vertex 2 120Gig SSD - 2x Seagate 1.5TB
Samsung 2494HS 1920x1080 - Logitech G15 - Logitech G500
BlackBerry Bold 9900 - iPod Touch 8Gig 2G
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

You oke's are talking about terms I've in 188 episodes after 2 weeks of watching have not heard of yet hey. Remember I cannot argue manga at this point in time.

So, for me and others like me please specify when touching upon manga please guys.

So far so good though, I'm following most, thanks.

(Maybe we can work on that empty maga folder round 3 guys).

Anyway, OTC, Chidori has nothing to do with Sharingan. IMHO any one can learn it. I say this because, once again, Kakashi told Zabuza that it was his very own unique technique he obtained by himself. He did not learn it from someone else. We also saw Sasuke train very hard to obtain it and he was even late for the Chuunin exam finals because of it.

Which brings me to the other point...

Hellfury and HuNtingGoof, you oke's confuse me now... Let me tell you why -

This is just one of the many things in this show that doesn't make much sense to me.

In that episode where Sakura, Naruto and Sasuke were fighting all those clones with that apprentice of Orochimaru close to the tower in the Chuunin exam we saw Naruto use Kage Bunshin No Jitsu to his hearts content without getting tired like the rest of them. He thus, clearly has more chakra / stamina compared to most.

Now, after he met with Jirayi and trained with him next to the river a few episodes later on in the show, Jirayi told him he has so much chakra and thus have more stamina than the rest because of the 9 Tailed Fox within him. Jirayi told him he, unlike others, have two kinds of chakra, one blue and one red.

So I don't understand now.

If his own chakra (blue chakra) is so strong then why did Jirayi teach him to run out of it first so that he can make use of his incredible inner strength (red chakra).
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

Rayne wrote:If his own chakra (blue chakra) is so strong then why did Jirayi teach him to run out of it first so that he can make use of his incredible inner strength (red chakra).
This sounds way stupid but lets talk in aircraft terms.

I think its like a jet's afterburner. One can get off the ground at 100% power (blue chakra) but afterburner (red chakra) gives u so much to work with, so why not use it (Naruto's inner power)?

To come to ur question: Why did Jirayi teach him that? I really don't remember. I vaugly remember Jirayi mentioning why. Will check the manga tonight and post tomorrow.

Peace...

Edit: Hmm, I think I kinda remember now. Ignore what I sed above. Naruto needed a humongous amount of chakra to call that frog. Much more than his current capacity (blue chakra). Thats why he first needed to exhaust himself (use up the blue) to be able to extract the red chakra.
Will check manga...
Core i5 3550 | 8GB RAM | 500W | Samsung T260 | GTX760 OC | 4.56TB HDD space
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

Rayne wrote:You oke's are talking about terms I've in 188 episodes after 2 weeks of watching have not heard of yet hey. Remember I cannot argue manga at this point in time.

Anyway, OTC, Chidori has nothing to do with Sharingan. IMHO any one can learn it. I say this because, once again, Kakashi told Zabuza that it was his very own unique technique he obtained by himself. He did not learn it from someone else. We also saw Sasuke train very hard to obtain it and he was even late for the Chuunin exam finals because of it.
I agree.. Pls no manga spoilers since I was previously asked to not mention it if I am/have read the manga... Which in Naruto's case I also am/have not...

@Rayne Yeah I also think that is has nothing to do with his Sharingan... Just asking since shu previously said that Sasuke could do it due to Sharingan...

Sharingan to me just increases the capability of the user to copy other techniques and in that, learn them and maybe use them in future battles...

Also agree with the chakra thing... I don't think Naruto's own chakra is strong, I simply believe he has a lot of it... So I would think that Jiraiya taught him to run out of his own, to as a last resort, make use of the red chakra... If his blue was so strong, in all the eps that we have seen, he would have then easily beat all the opponents he went up against...
Intel i5 750 - Asus P7P55D LE - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4Gig - Coolermaster HAF932
Club Radeon 5850 - Corsair HX750W - OCZ Vertex 2 120Gig SSD - 2x Seagate 1.5TB
Samsung 2494HS 1920x1080 - Logitech G15 - Logitech G500
BlackBerry Bold 9900 - iPod Touch 8Gig 2G
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Ja that's why I say I don't really get that part.

After that training he always used his own chakra to summon those frogs.

And Sharingan to me seems like only to ability to learn technique's instantly. Kakashi is called a copy-ninja for a reason and Sasuke also need see a move only once to master it himself.

That and the illusion thing like we saw Itachi do with Kakashi.

Now Hellfury, coming back to what you said about Itachi in that other thread, I take it you know he is stronger than Orochimaru because of the manga then, because I did not see that explained in the anime yet.

Also, even Itachi with his more advanced Sharingan had no effect on Gai, a mere Jounin. Gai said when fighting a Sharingan user one needs to merely look solely at their feet and judge their movements from there, not stare them in or anywhere close to their eyes.

And I've also been thinking about Itachi's show-off against Jiryai. Judging by only the anime I honestly doubt he can be that much stronger. When he and his buddy Kisame (I think his name is) got away he said he has to rest urgently because his exhausted from using two major technique's simultaniously, and they didn't even fight yet.

And also, once again from the anime, he and Kisame was scared to take-on Jirayi. That's why they lured him away from Naruto using a pretty girl, to avoid confrontation as they doubted the outcome. Kisame also told Itachi it will be very hard to confront a Sanin whilst they watched Jirayi and Naruto from a distance, that's why they had to think-up a plan in the first place.

If they really weren't troubled with his strength, why did they not just approach and defeat him openly? It's not like they were on a stealth mission or anything, everyone knew they were after Naruto.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Hoho, only noticed this thread now. I've only seen till eps 90 and I've said a couple of things about Naruto before. Just some info that I have gained from experience:

The nine tails fox is the ultimate presence (whether foe or enemy) and defeating it is near impossible. In the games I've come across with multi tailed foxes, the nine tails is always final and the most powerful.

Also, Rasengan is more popular than Chidori. I've seen Rasengan a few times (albeit not like in Naruto) so by deduction I can assume that Rasengan is more powerful than Chidori.

With regards to characters, Naruto is the most contradictory character so far.
He usually is crap scared of his opponent,
bunch of flashbacks,
gets hyped,
Kage Bunshin,
gets whipped,
Kage Bunshin,
gets whipped,
flashbacks,
powerup,
defeat opponent.
DBZ anyone?

I liked the first season so far. Till the end of Zabuza and from there it's been downhill.
I must say the nine tails is greatly underrated so far. I had lots of expectations when Naruto broke out in the 1st season.
In fact I expected Naruto to be about Naruto and nine tails primarily, but on an intricate and mature level. I was wrong.

Anyway, my minds distracted now, the minki van der westhuizen thread. ARGH!!!
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

This actually turned out to be a good discussion afterall.

It's been a while since we had so much talk in this section.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Yeah, It always feels as if these forums are diseased. Goes out for awhile, then gets right back up. Geez.

BTW, When can one watch the movies. Does it contain any spoilers?
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

I don't know.

I didn't see any on the drive so I cannot say.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

I'm quite sure that 2 of them were there. Were they not?
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Bloody hell ja man I checked the status thread now and saw SadistiK added two movies.

Last I watched was 188 and I see it goes up tp 193 also.

Damn let me go look for it in all the DVD's quickly. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

See you guys tomorrow night or something.
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

I can only say about the first movie, its doesnt fit in anyware in the series. Its after naruto learned rasengan, but before Sasuke left. Cant remember what else doesnt fit, its been to long, but there is more things.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Cool, but what about the specials. Are they non related abstracts as well?
Hellfury

Post by Hellfury »

Rayne wrote: Now Hellfury, coming back to what you said about Itachi in that other thread, I take it you know he is stronger than Orochimaru because of the manga then, because I did not see that explained in the anime yet.

Also, even Itachi with his more advanced Sharingan had no effect on Gai, a mere Jounin. Gai said when fighting a Sharingan user one needs to merely look solely at their feet and judge their movements from there, not stare them in or anywhere close to their eyes.

And I've also been thinking about Itachi's show-off against Jiryai. Judging by only the anime I honestly doubt he can be that much stronger. When he and his buddy Kisame (I think his name is) got away he said he has to rest urgently because his exhausted from using two major technique's simultaniously, and they didn't even fight yet.

And also, once again from the anime, he and Kisame was scared to take-on Jirayi. That's why they lured him away from Naruto using a pretty girl, to avoid confrontation as they doubted the outcome. Kisame also told Itachi it will be very hard to confront a Sanin whilst they watched Jirayi and Naruto from a distance, that's why they had to think-up a plan in the first place.

If they really weren't troubled with his strength, why did they not just approach and defeat him openly? It's not like they were on a stealth
mission or anything, everyone knew they were after Naruto.
There are only 2 people capable of beating Itachi. Naruto and the Akatsuki leader
AMD FX 8120 @4.7Ghz |Antec Kuhler 920 |ASUS Sabertooth 990fx| 16Gb DDR3 1866 Vengeance|GTX 460 1gb |OCZ Vertex 3 60gb (OS) + HyperX 240Gb (Games)|2tb+320gb+250gb(x3)+160gb hdds| CM Silent Pro Gold 1000w| Aerocool Strike X ST| Dell 23" LED LCD |Windows 8 Pro x64
PeanutButter

Post by PeanutButter »

Ok here!With training and fighting, ones chakra can increase.Ok so when he got taught to use the red, his blue was not enough to summon the frog BOSS but the red was!

But after the massive battle he had with Gaara is chakra got enough for him to summon the frogs!

I havent seen past 80 but as far as i figure this is how it can work!
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

PeanutButter wrote:Ok here!With training and fighting, ones chakra can increase.Ok so when he got taught to use is red his blue was not enough to summon the frog!

But after the massive battle he had bttle he had with Gaara is chakra got enough for him to summon the frogs!

I havent seen past 80 but as far as i figure this is how it can work!
LOL, I'm on the delayed train too (more efficient imo, don't have to waste time on fillers, hehehe)

About the training criteria leads to chakra control protocol. I belive it's possible. Not a mere whimsical hope, but I really do believe. Anyone knows anything about this. (BTW most internet sources give you unwanted bull. You don't find everything on the internet, I know!)
PeanutButter

Post by PeanutButter »

Ive seen till 80 and then from 137 to 173 and like they said the first fes season get you hooked and the you keep watching cause youare hoping to get the same later!How unfair!

I know all the best stuff i get i get from u!I cant find anything on the net!

I cant remember where but htey do mention it somewhere in the beginning of the series!(training = more chakra)
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Sukka! Guess I'm the only delayed guy here. bleh...
=P
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Hellfury wrote:
Rayne wrote: Now Hellfury, coming back to what you said about Itachi in that other thread, I take it you know he is stronger than Orochimaru because of the manga then, because I did not see that explained in the anime yet.

If they really weren't troubled with his strength, why did they not just approach and defeat him openly? It's not like they were on a stealth
mission or anything, everyone knew they were after Naruto.
There are only 2 people capable of beating Itachi. Naruto and the Akatsuki leader
What I'm asking is -

How do you know this?
Kovu

Post by Kovu »

Rayne wrote:Given the title I'm posting the following here -

In continuation to what was said about Naruto in the other thread -

Ja, it's too dragged-out, repetitive and just plain annoying at times. Sure there's mostly a fight in every episode but that my friends is not necessarily a good thing. All Sakura does is think of Sasuke, all Sasuke does is talk big and all Naruto does is Kage Bunshin no Jitsu.

In 188 episodes you see him use his Rendan like 5 times or so. Everything is always Kage Bunshin no Jitsu.

When he fights a lot of guys = Kage Bunshin no Jitsu. When he fights only one guy = Kage Bunshin no Jitsu. When the first time fail what does he do? = Kage Bunshin no Jitsu. If that one also fails what does he do? = Kage Bunshin no Jitsu.

His Rendan is copied from Sasuke who in turn stole the technique from Lee and his Resengan is nowhere near perfect either.

Apart from that he is really an ugly little **** also.

Sure the little guy inspiore people becuase of his strong will and scenes like that are usually very well done but even so they are always overshadowed by flashbacks.

IMO Sakura thus has the strongest will out of all Genin and now instead of building her character they have her training in solitude missing missions.

You oke's should not write Sakura off just yet. That epside where she tried to prevent Sasuke from leaving was well done for a reason.

I will not at all be surprised when she is the one to accomplish this task near the end of the show.

We'll see I guess.

And as I already mentioned I really hate action mixed with comedy. Except of course when it involves Lee being drunk... that parts are good.

Looking back on 188 episodes I will say most were ok up to episode 140 something. The fillers have nothing to do with the show at all and can be discarded in total.

You only see the Genin's sent on stupid missions in mixed teams. Nothing more.
i read all this crap for nothing :stern: . I don't know why or wot up with people these days they seem to be saying more and more stupid things by the days as they fold.

ie_HuntingGoof dude-'baaahkaaaH'

what i have learned is that anime is not meant for the poeple who appreciate the increative W.Shakespear and Rayne you're sounding like one of them the more and more i read your posts in almost all your threads.

one more thing anime is let go on the norm tales and their out turns I'm a big fan of the western comic story tellings but they are getting more and more predictable there more read them(excep the Detective) at the point on end i "appreciate" the wild unpredictability of anime/manga along with the art of course. with this major push point factor that the anime stories grow to exetents unforeseen from minor beginings.

why is it that you are dissing the naruto character wen they 'stated' that Naruto IS AN I-D-I-O-T. when Midori tricked Naruto and it turned out the way it did Sandaime said this was not a bad thing(anime)/this ia blessing in desguise(manga).
on Naruto going bunshin all the time_they are sticking to character(baka :stupid: )
SPOILER ALERT

The kage bunshin noJitsu is a low wind type chakra jutsu and Naruto class E* wind chakra(deep wind_can't deviate frm it[thus could never do chidori]). when he does the bunshins and they learn some thing then poof he gets that knowledge,kakashi shows him this.
now 6 months b4 orochimaru is ready to take Sasuke's body_ Naruto goes on heavy training with every master ninja in Konoha including Asume Sarutobi a former high guard (above anbu[check the cloth with ten or heaven on it around his waist]).
also Sai tells him of someone who can help his training, i think it's Danzou(Sarutobi's rival and the only man to ever defeat him*not sure wen*{still reading thledgend aswell})

you wait there's more for Yamato is showing Naruto how he makes the mokuBunshin(woodclone) by fusing his water & earth chakra's together, to get the wood chakra.
Naruto only has one chakra you say
but wait he has his wind chakra and the fox's *unkown chakra X* wen he fuses the Yamato does not know what will be the result.(i think this will be the ultimate of Naruto's abilities as it will mostly act as boost for his other abilities_ if you look at the 2 chakra properties one is strongly destructive the other strongly rejunating){now imagine bunshins that'll be self healing and not poof *fwink* as easily}

that's naruto and there a lot more dept to it.<hint>Jirayia Sama aka Ero senin(the scroll on back){i argued with a friend_ he said it was the contract but GamaBunta keeps the contract in mouth}
...........................................................................................................
naruto is looping look deeper :eh:
it's a tip use it dont use it
take note don't take note_
it's up to you
Chaos Mage for The Pride
The Strong do what they can,The weak suffer what they must.
In times of war circumstance dictates action.

Post by HuNtingGoof »

Kovu -- y u call me a baka..? Hmm..?

Naruto might be an idiot, but he's actually quite strong when he gets real hyped n emotional..
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Dude I don't get all that...

WTF you mean I sound like "Shakespear"?

How many more times must I say this? - Don't argue **** manga with sole anime watchers! We don't know the shyte you oke's do.

I don't care if he pulls his Kage Bunshin no Jitsu out of his bottom, from what I've seen in the anime my view will not change. Seeing him do it 5x times an epside is boring.

IMO a lot of anime aint meant for mature audiences and Naruto takes the cake mate. It's a **** kiddies-show.

You like your simple-minded stuff, I prefer my complications.
Kovu

Post by Kovu »

Rayne wrote:Razengan, Rasengan, who cares? Let's not turn this in to the battle of the subbers.

Point is his very far away from mastering it. 188 episodes into the show and he can't even mold chakra in only one hand by himself yet.

And I didn't say he copied Razengan from Sasuke. I said he copied Rendan from him, which he did. Sasuke copied Lee when Lee tried to do a Secondary Lotus on him when they faught before the start of the Chuunin exam, applied it in his opening fight in same Chuunin exam and that is where Naruto saw it. When Naruto used the same technique there was even a flashback to Sasuke's earlier fight and all the other Genin watching realized same.

Chidori is also not unique to Sasuke or the Uchiha clan. It's Kakashi's unique finishing move. He said so himself when he fought Zabuza. Kakashi merely taught it to Sasuke just like Jiryai taught Razengan to Naruto.

And whilst were at it, let me add that at least Sasuke learned and apply his technique correct. Naruto does not.

Now, coming back to Sakura, I understand what you are saying. Really I do, felt the same earlier on myself.

Though her weak character changed a lot during the show, and not only now that she's apprentice to Tsunade.

Sakura is weak and she's afraid during battle but in that very same weakness lies her strength. She knows she's weak. She doesn't hide from this fact and when called for she puts her life on the line without a moments hesitation.

Sasuke will stop and think before acting and Naruto just rushes in **** things up more without thinking.

Who saved Naruto and Sasuke from certain death in the valley during the Chuunin exam? Sakura. Who saved Sasuke from certain death in his fight against Gaara? Sakura. Who saved Naruto and more so that ninja girl in Orochimaru's mansion? Sakura. What was Sasuke busy doing? Dying. What was Naruto busy doing? Dying.

Since the earlier parts of the show she has always surpassed both of them in training. She even climbed the tree using chakra with her very first try. It took Naruto and Sasuke a whole day and night to accomplish same.

That's why I'm saying don't discard Sakura just yet.

A person's strength is not solely measured by physical ability and power.

Have you seen Tenjho Tenge GreyWolf? In one scene Aya asked Maya what strength is and Maya did not answer. She learned that answer herself later.

I believe that same answer applies in Naruto.

When Sakura faught Ino we also learned she has 2 minds. This might turn out very interesting later. Every once so often we also saw Sakura and her inner Sakura as well. Do you guys think that was just to add comedy? If so, why has it in 188 episodes not been applied to any other character? I mean, this show sure as hell is repetitive.

In any case, at the end of the day, most earlier episodes I enjoyed. Enough to make me watch all of it for crying out loud.

Though we'll have to watch and see what happens in the coming season.

Let's just hope things get back on track soon.

Btw, how many episodes aires a week in Japan? I wan't to know how long a wait that is.

EDIT : I see you oke's are awake... Sorry, late reply.
:stern: more babble form rayne>>> :stern:

it seems that Hellfury and GW are the only ones who have a clue
...........................................................................................................did you know that jumping infront of an attack to then confince the attacker to not attack is not considered as you saved that person rather you got him spared.
a thru save we naruto blocked the G-snake from Orochimaru in the Forest part of the exam._ that's saving some one
and what if gara had attacked on would Sakura have survived?___NOT!!
Do not say that Naruto does not have his own strenght since he uses the Fox's chakra_because naruto is not suppose to be able to use that chakra or would die... but he has'nt because of his own strenght and becuase of that that evil chakra can be considered his weapon.
Chaos Mage for The Pride
The Strong do what they can,The weak suffer what they must.
In times of war circumstance dictates action.