Inter-Racial relationships

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
DAE_JA_VOO

Inter-Racial relationships

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

What do you guys think of inter-racial relationships? Do you think it's wrong? Do you think it's fine? What are your views?

Please let's not make this a debate please.

And NO religious posts please. (kinda Ironic that I'M the one saying that, isn't it?)
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
AlphA

Post by AlphA »

I dont have an issue with it. If two people are in love, it doesn't matter what colour they are.
capanno

Post by capanno »

There's nothing wrong with it. As simple as that.
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
johankirsten

Post by johankirsten »

How can you exclude religion from this?

The whole thing about Inter-Racial relationships being wrong comes from a religious viewpoint!

Anyway, there's no hard evidence stating that Inter-Racial relationships are wrong in Christian religion.

I sometimes do argee that Inter-Racial relationships are wrong in terms of culture, for instance, if you as a white male date an indian female, you and/or she needs to change your culture in such a way that you can accomodate the other. I feel that you're taking a part away from that person in doing so, so why don't just stick to your own race to avoid complications? It swings the other way too, in a specific race there might be different cultures too, for instance, amongst the whites, you get the upper-class decent people, then you get the people that drink brandy and coke for a living and have limited spectrum of life and then you also get them wash-out people. Well, I believe from my point of view, that most people here fall into the first category. Anyway, you also need to consider this when mingling...

But ingeneral, I'd say it's okay to have a relationsip with a person from another race!
"I also believe that the more we help the students, the better they will be when we need them to give us a service." by jee

www.systemshock.co.za
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

Im ok with.
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Wrong...
jee

Post by jee »

johankirsten wrote: I feel that you're taking a part away from that person in doing so, so why don't just stick to your own race to avoid complications?
you obviously have never been in passionate, mindboggling love before.....
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

johankirsten wrote:How can you exclude religion from this?
You've only joined recently, so you wouldn't know why i say we should exclude religion. Everytime i bring a religious opinion into a topic like this it sparks a HUGE debate. That's why i say, rather keep your beliefs out of it.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Never lasts, the culture differences cannot be overcome in the long term.
johankirsten

Post by johankirsten »

jee wrote:
johankirsten wrote: I feel that you're taking a part away from that person in doing so, so why don't just stick to your own race to avoid complications?
you obviously have never been in passionate, mindboggling love before.....
I've been in a few relationships before, I don't think you understand what I was trying to say...

I would gladly involve myself in a relationship with another person other than my race but I've got "passionate, mindblogging love" now.

lancelot wrote:Never lasts, the culture differences cannot be overcome in the long term.
Thanx dude, you got what I was trying to say, the cultural difference is sometimes just to difficult to overcome...

@dae-ja-voo: I know that your not very popular when it comes to religion on this forums and I respect it, but be serious dude, you can't say to exclude religion when it comes to something that has always been enforced from a religious influence that was/is bent to make up some rules about Inter-Racial relationships.

IMO, this thing that it's wrong to date somebody from another race comes from our younger years where you were brought up in such a way to think it's wrong to date somebody else from another race...
"I also believe that the more we help the students, the better they will be when we need them to give us a service." by jee

www.systemshock.co.za
jee

Post by jee »

I think if we talk about "keeping religion out" its meant "don't say the Bible/Koran/Talmut say its wrong. We all know that various religions do not believe in moving accross racial or cultural barriers.

However, i have seen how such differences could break a truely lovable relationship.... my one friend is a muslim indian gurl.. she fell in love with a white real afrikaans Christian boertjie.. her parents accepted him, but the condition was that he should revert to their religion and culture.. his parents... well that is another story.. and eventually he decided that his family is more important....

Those are the issues one have to look at.. and i have always wondered how the children will be "classified" as... but no debate i was told :) hmmm to me the point of order is love....
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Fine dude. You asked for it.

RELIGIOUS OPINIONS WELCOME.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

jee wrote:However, i have seen how such differences could break a truely lovable relationship.... my one friend is a muslim indian gurl.. she fell in love with a white real afrikaans Christian boertjie.. her parents accepted him, but the condition was that he should revert to their religion and culture.. his parents... well that is another story.. and eventually he decided that his family is more important....
See, that's where it just wouldn't work for me. No matter how much i love that girl, there is NO WAY, not even the smallest possibility that i will give up my God for her. And i wouldn't want her to become a christian so that we can be together, because then she would be doing it for ME, and not for her own salvation.
johankirsten

Post by johankirsten »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:
jee wrote:However, i have seen how such differences could break a truely lovable relationship.... my one friend is a muslim indian gurl.. she fell in love with a white real afrikaans Christian boertjie.. her parents accepted him, but the condition was that he should revert to their religion and culture.. his parents... well that is another story.. and eventually he decided that his family is more important....
See, that's where it just wouldn't work for me. No matter how much i love that girl, there is NO WAY, not even the smallest possibility that i will give up my God for her. And i wouldn't want her to become a christian so that we can be together, because then she would be doing it for ME, and not for her own salvation.
I agree with you dae-ja-voo, I'd rather avoid something like inter-racial relationship than putting somebody else or myself through something like that...

www.systemshock.co.za
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

johankirsten wrote:
DAE_JA_VOO wrote:
I agree with you dae-ja-voo, I'd rather avoid something like inter-racial relationship than putting somebody else or myself through something like that...
No no no, i think you misunderstood me. Just because someone is of another race doesn't mean they're of a different religion. Look, i'm a white guy, if i fell in love with a chinese girl that's a christian, all is good. But if i fell in love with a chinese girl that follows another religion, it's over.

What do the rest of you guys think?
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

If it wasn't for inter-racial relationships I would not be here today :P
johankirsten

Post by johankirsten »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:
johankirsten wrote:
DAE_JA_VOO wrote:
No no no, i think you misunderstood me. Just because someone is of another race doesn't mean they're of a different religion. Look, i'm a white guy, if i fell in love with a chinese girl that's a christian, all is good. But if i fell in love with a chinese girl that follows another religion, it's over.

What do the rest of you guys think?
Yeah, that's good, I'd easily involve myself in something like that, but I'm in a relationship ATM.

www.systemshock.co.za
chez

Post by chez »

If you can't meet your partner halfway....and reach a compromise and respect each other's beliefs.....even if they are different, it does not matter what colour you are you are doomed to fail. To start off by saying 'there's NO WAY I'll....." it's over before it's even started.

I have no problem with inter-racial relationships, but I do think cultural differences can cause problems, depending on how strongly you feel about your culture.

and just to get you fired up a bit.....i have no problem with same sex relationships either! .....
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

chez wrote:I have no problem with same sex relationships either! .....
Neither do I ... as long as both girls are hot :twisted:

j/k

I would convert from my current agnostic-christian ways to another religion for a girl. I would change my religion happily. But it would just be lip-service, and I would make sure she understood that.
Go to a few classes, say a few words at a ceremony, some empty promises - but she would know from the start that I was not going to take it any more seriously than I take the religion I was born into.

But culture and religin aside, there is nothing wrong with interracial relationships. If you look at it, almost the entire continent of South America is an inter racial melting pot of spanish, portugese, white, black and indigenous inca/indians.

They say at the rate we are going, in a few hundred years time, humans with a pedigree will be a very rare thing...
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

I would not change my religion, but I would prefer her to be a Christian.

I am SO against homosexual relationships... But that is another story of its own...
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
jee

Post by jee »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote: And i wouldn't want her to become a christian so that we can be together, because then she would be doing it for ME, and not for her own salvation.
don't you think its just the most unselfish thing anyone can do to give up their religion and learn a new belief just because they have found someone worth doing that for?
solo

Post by solo »

chez wrote:If you can't meet your partner halfway....and reach a compromise and respect each other's beliefs.....even if they are different, it does not matter what colour you are you are doomed to fail. To start off by saying 'there's NO WAY I'll....." it's over before it's even started.
Well said.

I have no problem with "inter-racial" relationships myself :wink:
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Slasher wrote:I am SO against homosexual relationships... But that is another story of its own...
Yeah, i'm with you on that. No matter how hot the chicks are. (LOL!!!!!!)
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

Slasher wrote:I would not change my religion, but I would prefer her to be a Christian.
So you would still go out with her if she retained her religion and you retained your?
Slasher wrote:I am SO against homosexual relationships... But that is another story of its own...
Not to thread-jack, but are you against it on a personal level, like "it's not my bag, baby"
Or are you against it like "nobody should do it - make it illegal"
:?:
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

jee wrote:
DAE_JA_VOO wrote: And i wouldn't want her to become a christian so that we can be together, because then she would be doing it for ME, and not for her own salvation.
don't you think its just the most unselfish thing anyone can do to give up their religion and learn a new belief just because they have found someone worth doing that for?
Well jee, in MY religion, if you forsake Jesus, it's over for you. There's no way i'm willing to take that chance. My salvation is very important to me.