Matric Results

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Orph3us

Matric Results

Post by Orph3us »

Well obviously having read the subject you might just know my current itch - it is now 8 to 12 on the 28th. In a mere 6 hours our matric results will be released!! This is hell on earth, like a PC that won't boot or the illustrious blue-screen-of-death!

So, to the moderators - if you feel that this thread is SPAM, please do me the favour of creating a new index called "Freakout...panic" and place the said SPAM in there.

edit by neon - lol @ old title, but I'll change the topic a little to de-spamize it. :)
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Good luck for results. Trust me getting those results aren't scary. Varsity results can leave permanent mental scars.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
Basipooned!

Post by Basipooned! »

matric results are way more scary than varsity results.. I did ok at school but im Owning at varsity!!!

Besides u need ur matric results to get in to varsity..
I had many a nightmare about my matric results.. :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil:

Good luck to everyone!
Im too lazy to scan my signature in!!!
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Dude, you studying music. How hard can that be? Especially when you're very good at it. Personally at my first year of varsity I halved my marks compared to school. Was getting 80-90's at school in grade 11 and matric.

Good luck to all the others receiving their marks!
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Orph3us

Post by Orph3us »

You all do realize that tonight might be the very last time I touch a computer... my mom said she'd sell my PC if I fail :tellme:
Abatis

Post by Abatis »

*starts biting nails*

only 3 and a half hours to go!
What does man fear most? That no one will understand him, or that someone truly might?
Orph3us

Post by Orph3us »

You know if I could only go to sleep, but I can't so now I'm stuck here...wondering, just what if??
Abatis

Post by Abatis »

i know exactly how you feel :)
What does man fear most? That no one will understand him, or that someone truly might?
Orph3us

Post by Orph3us »

The worst thing is that I've actually found this site where I'm supposed to get my results I just keep getting that lame "cannot find server" message! Torture I tell you!!
Abatis

Post by Abatis »

why not get direct from the department of esucation's site?
Orph3us

Post by Orph3us »

That's the one that's offline - you must remember that I live in the Northern Cape
Abatis

Post by Abatis »

oh, sorry
mine's working (at least i get a notice screen) but that's the north-west department

i think you can get it here aswell:
http://www.education.gpg.gov.za/MatricResults/
Orph3us

Post by Orph3us »

It's a countdown! At least it works, thanks anyway though.
Orph3us

Post by Orph3us »

WAAAHAAAHAAAA mesa passed!
Abatis

Post by Abatis »

me too, just not as well as expected :? :)
eraser

Post by eraser »

Congrats 2 every1 that passed... :D
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

neon_chameleon wrote:Good luck for results. Trust me getting those results aren't scary. Varsity results can leave permanent mental scars.
Dude, I couldnt eve open the paper to get my results... I was scared I failed, even though I PWND matric...
I screwed up varsity exams, yet was like "whatever" when I went to check those results.

Its much more scary for matric, cause your entire school career builds up to that moment.

So well done to all who passed, and even more to those who got brilliant results. I hope you have the best of luck in your future endeavours.
Basipooned!

Post by Basipooned! »

neon_chameleon wrote:Dude, you studying music. How hard can that be?
Very... Business Science/CompSci ppl have nothing on us..

We have 10 Subjects in 1st year..
3 Practical Subjects
7 Academic Subject

The Theory component of music is very similar to maths.. The Jazz Theory(what im doing) is probably harder..

Many people fail subjects in 1st year music... The reason i did well is coz i worked very hard and im pretty good at my instruments.
Moses

Post by Moses »

The_Vice wrote: The Theory component of music is very similar to maths.. The Jazz Theory(what im doing) is probably harder..
What?

Explain what application Bessel Functions, differential equations, Lourent's transforms, Taylor series, contour integrals, singular value decompositions, moore-penrose inverses, matrix algebra and the Cauchy-Euler theroem (to name a few) have in music? I dare you.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Hi Moses, hope you had a good Xmas! Hope you did not break too many commandments!
Shame man, maths is much easier than music! I can do maths but sure cannot play a musical instrument! :D :D
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Moses wrote:
The_Vice wrote: The Theory component of music is very similar to maths.. The Jazz Theory(what im doing) is probably harder..
What?

Explain what application Bessel Functions, differential equations, Lourent's transforms, Taylor series, contour integrals, singular value decompositions, moore-penrose inverses, matrix algebra and the Cauchy-Euler theroem (to name a few) have in music? I dare you.
Well said, indeed. Taylor series, OMW! I hated that.
Moses

Post by Moses »

I can do both.
It's difficult to compare the degree of difficulty of different fields, because it depends what you're good at. For me, maths is easy, and writing a 10 page essay on a poem is almost impossible, where as for most people it is the other way round. I just get pissed when people say, "Geez, there is quite a lot of maths in my Sport Science degree". People don't know the difference between arithmetic and maths.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

I have the whole Taylor series on DVD.
jee

Post by jee »

hmm to all the matrics.. pm me your results! :) And congrats!
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Basipooned!

Post by Basipooned! »

Moses wrote: Explain what application Bessel Functions, differential equations, Lourent's transforms, Taylor series, contour integrals, singular value decompositions, moore-penrose inverses, matrix algebra and the Cauchy-Euler theroem (to name a few) have in music? I dare you.
I was refering to the logic required not the actual theorums, applications and laws.

Explain to me how voice leading works in a series of quartally voiced chord structures or the resolution of a passing cadential chord progression..
:lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: