What you just watched and thoughts on it

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
VoxynQueen

Re: What you just watched and thoughts on it

Post by VoxynQueen »

Watched Higurashi Rei episode 2.
Traditional super confusion with a hint of threat.

I love this anime series.
:D
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Done with Mai Otome Zwei. Better the Otome but deplorable nonetheless.

2 or 3 more episodes left for Kekkaishi, and the greater portion of the series presses me to think that it's been designed for the kids. However, it's been consistently decent and there's no mistaking it's undeniable charm. The relationship between Tokine, Yoshimori, Gen, etc. was simple but good and the rare humor moments were excellent. Music was definitely pleasing.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Recently completed :

Casshern Sins : Morbid beginning to end. High production values. Easily one of if not the most vibrantly colorful shows I’ve ever seen. Very good.
Sora o Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru : Why did they rebroadcast this old boring show?
White Album : Drama I can live with. Second season soon.
To Aru Majutsu no Index : Promising start. Disappointing end.
Michiko to Hatchin : A welcome change. Good.
Ride Back : High production values. Completely retarded plot.

Recently started :

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei : Opening served some comedic fanservice (filler) but ignoring that the Dice Killing chapter started promising and completely unexpected.
K-On! : Seems to be the slapstick fan-favorite this season. Shall see how it goes.
Higashi no Eden : Awesome opening episode. Have high hopes for this one.
Hatsukoi Limited : More slapstick. Shall see.

Still have plenty incompletes and a few newer shows I’ll get to, eventually.
VoxynQueen

Post by VoxynQueen »

Naruto Shippuuden episode 105.
What a load of crap.
So glad I took up the manga instead of this nonsense.

:)
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Started Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
Last night I waltzed into a much needed twist in the story.
Spoiler (show)
When Kamina dies.
Kamina is certainly an eccentric character and I usually enjoy those types, yet at the same time something about them always irritate me.
Simon is mental sand paper. Everytime you see him, he erodes your sanity and compromises your mental composure, and yet, again, I've witnessed how this type of character makes excellent material for character development plots.
Yoko, while dreadfully delectable, needs more talk time on the show. She seems to be an interesting character.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

ZeroS wrote:Started Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
Last night I waltzed into a much needed twist in the story.
Spoiler (show)
When Kamina dies.
Kamina is certainly an eccentric character and I usually enjoy those types, yet at the same time something about them always irritate me.
Simon is mental sand paper. Everytime you see him, he erodes your sanity and compromises your mental composure, and yet, again, I've witnessed how this type of character makes excellent material for character development plots.
Yoko, while dreadfully delectable, needs more talk time on the show. She seems to be an interesting character.
Indeed... Well, I really loved the first 4/5 episodes of Tengen Toppa.
Then it just wasn't as epic as the first few episodes after that and towards the end when everyone is all big and strong.etc
It just gets a bit too, err, well, I don't like it... Towards the end, the last few episodes I had to force myself to finish. I got really bored with it :(
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Mugen No Juunin : Should have left it dropped.
Shikabane-Hime Kuro : Mediocre at it’s finest.
Xmaniac

Post by Xmaniac »

Watched all of the Lord of the Rings movies again:
- Fellowship of the Ring
- The two Towers
- Return of the King
There will never be another movie close to the greatness of Lord of the Rings *Mark my words*

Series:
- Big Bang Theory *still need to get season 2* :roll:
- Dexter
Asus P5N-D / InnoVission 9800GT OC / 4GB ddr2 800mhz / Intel 1.8 Dual-Core / 160 GB Hdd / 19" Mercury Widescreen / Razer Kriat / Thermalake Flare-Board / Divoom TITAN 717
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

I just watched Quarantine. :shock: It was awesome. I haven't watched a good horror/thriller in a while and this one was good. Think of "The Blair witch project" crossed "The descent" 8)
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Queen`s Blade - Rurou no Senshi : More ecchi than Ikki Tousen. Less story than Ikki Tousen. Is that good or bad? / Continues watching.
Phantom - Requiem for the Phantom : Good.
Senjou no Valkyria - Gallian Chronicles : Simmilar to Tales of the Abyss, just better, albeit not by much.
Shangri-La : Typical Gonzo.
07-Ghost : Good.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Rayne wrote: Senjou no Valkyria - Gallian Chronicles : Simmilar to Tales of the Abyss, just better, albeit not by much.
I'm reluctant to watch either of the above as they're both adaptations of games, and exceptionally good games at that. I fear that the near tangible affection one develops for the characters as you play the game will be distorted.
Playing the game as the characters and watching them in an anime are two very different sides of the same turf.

Completed Tengen Toppa and it was admittedly good till the last few episodes where it 'spiraled' out of control too much and too fast.
Almost done with Kamen no Maid Guy and I'm surprised at how such a regular and conventional show could be so amicable. Though, the cleavage focus should be tuned down a bit, rather, a lot.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Retardid Policeman...

Rather entertaining mini series... Something to keep me busy.
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Well I started pulling Tales since it's first episode months ago yet I'm still on episode 7 and have no interest in watching any more any time soon so yeah...

Finished Birdy Decode S2, Toradora! and Gundam 00 S2.

50x episodes of Gundam = too much Gundam. I’m starting to dislike stuff involving Sunrise. It’s like going to the circus. Once you’ve seen one you’ve seen it all. S2 didn’t quite match S1 imo but it had it’s moments nonetheless.

Toradora! on the other hand was a joy to watch, it managed to hit all the right notes. This show surprised me actually. Very good plot progression and a likable and fleshed-out cast made this a good watch.

Birdy S2 I actually enjoyed more than S1 too. Bad choices in animation here and there was disappointing but I appreciated the back-story. Not sure it did enough but even so, worth a watch.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Dammit, I have not watched anime for... I dunno how long ,too long though.

I think I will get Birdy S2 and watch it :P Also Shikabane Hime Kuro... Want to watch that too :)

Im off to watch some "The Big Bang Theory" :D

Spoiler (show)
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

I've watched dizzying amounts of anime since my last post, and, I started Monster yesterday. What a rich and tasteful plot! The antique animation and usually lackluster sound is drowned out by a riveting story, however, I'd go as far as to say that the video and sound actually set the atmosphere and feel of the series.
Barely 7 episodes into this show and it's been consistently thrilling so far.
Dustman

Post by Dustman »

Watched "Histories stongest disciple Kenichi". Great show about a real push over guy being trained by various masters in different disciplines(karate, jodu....) This was a real good show and would recommend it to anyone. Good character development, various good supporting characters and good humor.
VoxynQueen

Post by VoxynQueen »

The new Haruhi episode.
Liked it.
Spoiler (show)
Young Haruhi with the long hair is super cute.
Missed Nagato's weird explanations. She's the best. :D
Didn't like the ED as much as the original one though.
WANT MOAR.
Evade

Post by Evade »

Dustman wrote:Watched "Histories stongest disciple Kenichi". Great show about a real push over guy being trained by various masters in different disciplines(karate, jodu....) This was a real good show and would recommend it to anyone. Good character development, various good supporting characters and good humor.
Also finished this a little while ago, one of my fav's / in my top 5, really enjoyed it
just alota fun

also finished death note recently (like da last few eps i was missing) really well done, decent in depth plot

just started Gantz 1st stage now, only by ep5, looks interesting so i'll see
walk the dark path, sleep with angels

-assassin of the pride-
Fanatic-X

Post by Fanatic-X »

Watching Rorouni Kenshin (at episode 62 atm), and it is quite well done for an old anime series. I feel sorry for Kenshin in the series.
My Rig:
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom X3 8450 2.1GHz
MSI K9A2 Platinum V2 (needs a BIOS update to install a Phenom II)
MSI Radeon HD4650 512MB GDDR2
2x A-Data Vitesta 2GB 1066+ DDR2 RAM
2x 320GB Seagate HDD
Raidmax Smilidon Gaming case
Samsung T220 Syncmaster 22"Wide LCD Screen
Pic of my beauty
savio

Post by savio »

:shock:
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Man, been a while... Caught up with -

Hajime No Ippo - The Fighting - New Challenger : Almost at an end. This was a pretty decent show.
K-On! : Fun to watch but really, I don't see what the fuss is about.
Hatsukoi Limited : Also fun to watch. Silly here and there but some scenarios plays out nicely.
Souten Kouro : Surprisingly good. Early days though.
Phantom - Requiem For The Phantom : First thought - Darker Than Black. Give it a solid ending and this will be the season's sleeper hit. Good setting, good pace, good OST, very easy to get into and when you're watching, you'll be watching. I like.

Will catch up on the others soon. I think...
Evade

Post by Evade »

finished gantz 1st stage, different but good, wana see what happens in 2nd stage now
just started darker than black, looks petty good
walk the dark path, sleep with angels

-assassin of the pride-
Menace28

Post by Menace28 »

I watched the new Terminator yesterday, I thought it was awesome, the explosions, the shootouts... I got goosebumps from watching that movie.

I wonder when they will have a look at the T-1000 will be introduced in the movie or was it only created to go to the past? Hope they will someday also add the stuff found the series, although i just wish that the series ends sometime soon.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

Over the last couple of days I’ve also seen:
The Last Legion – Friends knowing my love for fantasy, sword and sorcery movies told me to avoid this movie at all cost. Sadly, I couldn’t help myself and boy do I regret it, not even the bit of skin shown by Aishwarya Rai could save this movie. The idea of how everything ties into the Arthurian legend was nice.

LA Confidential, what good movie.
I never knew Guy Pearce was such a good actor

Odysseus and the Isle of the Mists, staring Arnold Vosloo. I love movies based on mythology. The problem with this movie was that all the action took place off screen and it was filmed in South Africa (I think Cape Town). Forgive me but I can’t imagine that this movie is supposed to be set on the Mediterranean Isle not when I can see the site where my uncle used to dump rubble once, in the background scenes

Jumper. I was a little disappointed with this movie. Certain things really didn’t make sense but the like the fact that Samuel L Jackson’s character wasn’t that easy to kill.
Rules that an Evil Overlord must live by!

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
Prime

Post by Prime »

I'm Guessing this thread is not reserved for Anime. :?

Finished the first episode of AH! My Goddess. Wow! I think I may have found an Anime series I really like :oops:
Finished the second season of Bones. :D Not enjoying the third one so far... :(

Spoiler: (show)
And lastly, I'll just say, Damn you Ted "Vivian" Mosby! :smack: If you are up to date on S4 of HIMYM, you'll understand