Dear Anime Freaks

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
jee

Post by jee »

We watch anime on our computers; we download anime on our computers; we use advanced graphic programs for our anime pics, we make anime music videos on our computers; we play anime games on our computers; the only reason I buy NAG is for the anime and it will be so much nicer to have a page of anime in my preferred computer magazine (and will save me money). We get computer help on our forum, we talk rubbish on our forum, we are happy that now we do not need to go to another forum to talk about another passion, anime. We don’t tell the AMD boys that they are freaks, nor do we want to find padded cells for those who play that horrible carmageddon.

I’m amazed at people for not using the forum to find out what new posts have been made – instead they dwell lazily between the 500 “wanna sell my 200GB RAM for R10 “ and how to spam using the relevant “top ten”.
So much for tolerance… but then, freaks don’t matter it seems.
:wink: :wink: :wink:
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Capanno_Del_Kimakigami wrote:Yes mods please lock this thread. Some people take life way too seriously. Sorry for offending anyone.
Look whos talking! :roll:

EDIT: Hey! AMD and Carmageddon rule!!! :lol:
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

I offered you frienship out of own good will and you did not even have the decency to reply.

You call me "childish" little boy? "some people"?

Selfish little pr1ck. I will mock you every single chance I get.

Please start your next thread.
Abatis

Post by Abatis »

Rayne wrote:I offered you frienship out of own good will and you did not even have the decency to reply.
are you daft or what, he did reply:
Capanno_Del_Kimakigami wrote:Yes mods please lock this thread. Some people take life way too seriously. Sorry for offending anyone.
stop this nonsense
What does man fear most? That no one will understand him, or that someone truly might?
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Capanno_Del_Kimakigami wrote:Leigh tried telling everyone that her I hate anime thread was tongue in the cheek, and that it was just for us anime 'haters' to discuss why we 'hate' it. In the end it spanned over 3 threads if I remember correctly. People still said "if you dont like anime go away".
And despite Leigh's monumental failure to get her message across and her subsequent departure, you though you could start another "tongue-in-cheek" thread with different results?

I remember when the for sale section came into being. We had a similar argument and made similar suggestions (another sidebar etc).
Eventually the for sale threads died down and there are never more than 2 or 3 of them in the top 15 now.

I think anime will go the same way, let the novelty wear off and it will die down.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

No he did not. I addressed him directly, he avoided the matter and spoke in general.

Are you?

And if you want it stopped, then why are you adding to it?

You didn't really think I was gonna let that slip did you?
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

Maybe we need a new rule, something like "If you dont have intrest in a section/thread or have something positive to say there ignore it."

Threads like this and some replys I've seen in other threads really mess up my day. It doesnt contribute anything to the forum. Even a spam thread like the 'answer a q with a q game' thread have more of a place on the forum than this.
Abatis

Post by Abatis »

Rayne wrote:No he did not. I addressed him directly, he avoided the matter and spoke in general.

Are you?

And if you want it stopped, then why are you adding to it?

You didn't really think I was gonna let that slip did you?
sheesh, you really are petty aren't you?
and by saying i want this stopped i'm adding to it?
i'm trying to see things from your perspective but so far your reasoning has eluded me, but very well i wil stop posting in this thread if it helps. So feel free to post any insulting comments if it makes you feel better, i'm man enough to take it.

but please stop this now
What does man fear most? That no one will understand him, or that someone truly might?
Thrall
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrall »

Oh, for heaven's sake. If some people like something, whether it be anime or heavy metal or whatever, allow them to enjoy and discuss their thing in peace.

For example, I hate the sound of rap and love metal - that's just me - but I would never try to force my dislike of rap onto other people because, hey, guess what? My opinion doesn't mean that I'm right!

Believing that would be just immature, rude, arrogant and insensitive to others, and people starting threads saying how much they dislike something that others might enjoy is starting to bug me, and saying, hinting or implying that "it's just in jest" doesn't take the sting out of it. Why is anyone surprised when people get defensive about their thing?

Grow up, the lot of yez.
Be polite, professional and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

My Iraq pics
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

Thrall wrote:I hate the sound of rap.
Thrall
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrall »

Be polite, professional and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

My Iraq pics
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

capanno

Post by capanno »

Rayne wrote:I offered you frienship out of own good will and you did not even have the decency to reply.
Apologies Rayne. I did not see it last night. I thought YOU were speaking in general.
Rayne wrote:"some people"?
This was not directed at you. Sorry man.

Thrall, I see your point. Im sorry for offending anyone. :cry:
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

This is the part where I stop eating popcorn and lock me a thread. Capanno I don't like anime either because it is not something my generation understand. So I just ignore the anime threads and read those that hold interest to me. You are not expected to read every singe topic you know. ;)
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.