Neon Genesis Evangelion (Spoilers)

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

Why didn't Kuwaro(adam) react with unit 1(lilith) just before Shinji crushed him?
So the 3rd impact was not iniciated by unit 1 and the Mass prodused eva's, but by rei awhen she absorbed adam(from gendo's hand)?

:?
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Nuke wrote:Why didn't Kuwaro(adam) react with unit 1(lilith) just before Shinji crushed him?...
It was not his purpose. He was created for the sole reason to merge with Adam.

EDIT : He could not, for Shinji was in it. Unit 1 already had a dominant soul.
Nuke wrote:...So the 3rd impact was not iniciated by unit 1 and the Mass prodused eva's, but by rei awhen she absorbed adam(from gendo's hand)?
Yes, though it would have occured either way. Shinji would have still been the instrument regardless of who managed to trigger it first. Gendo knew this, that's why he was in a hurry to locate Rei -

> Gendo : "There is no time."

Remeber what I said on the previous page Nuke - do not confuse Third Impact with Human Complementation.

Listen to what Rei says when she refused Gendo -

> Rei : "Ikari! (She felt Shinji)... I'm not your doll" (Refused Gendo).
> Gendo : "Why?"
> Rei : "Because I am not yours."
> Gendo : "Rei! No! Wait for me, Rei!"
> Rei : "I can't. Ikari is calling me."

Pay attention in this scene. Rei lowers her AT-Field (s) and takes-in Adam (her left arm fell off) -

Then notices Shinji has started Complementation -

Rejects the merger with Gendo, chose his son above him, and once again restored her AT-Field (s) (her arm grew back) -

And returns to Lilith alone (Gendo left behind) -

> Rei : "I'm home" (Scrolling text on screen saying "Welcome Home")

Nuke

Post by Nuke »

Makes sence(a bit lol) Kuwaro was made to bring Adam out of embrio state.
I wonder what that mask of lilith means(with the 7 eyes).

Ok so Adam was the first angel, he was found on the south pole with the Lance of Longinus. They tried to make him into embroi state but it exploded(2nd impact)Why? To contain him? Next he is in Gendo's hand. I mean shouldnt he be blown apart(or be lost) after the second impact?

Lilith was the second. If I understand it right she(?) was born from adam. If Im wrong where did she come from? We see her against the cross pierced by the Lance and no legs, the lance to keep lilith from growing again. Why didnt lilith wake up when the lance was removed to combat one of the angels? Also who fought lilith to get her against the cross.

The 3rd angel came 15 years later from who knows where. A theory-The humans tried to play god by making adam an embrio(to gain power) but was punished(the second impact) The angel came back to check of the human race but was met by unit 1 that destroyed it, showing that the humans tried to gain even more power. Any other theories?
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Nuke wrote:...I wonder what that mask of lilith means(with the 7 eyes)...
It represents the 7x sins on man - the 7x commandments.
Nuke wrote:...Ok so Adam was the first angel, he was found on the south pole with the Lance of Longinus. They tried to make him into embroi state but it exploded(2nd impact)Why? To contain him? Next he is in Gendo's hand. I mean shouldnt he be blown apart(or be lost) after the second impact?...
Yes, to contain him.

Adam was found injured in a sleep-like state. He was experimented on and poked / touched by The Lance Of Longinus, which awakened him. In his defense he created an anti-AT-Field which triggered the explosion, Second Imact.

After he was reduced to embrio he was contained withing bakelite (simmilar to the way Nerve controll the Eva's) and taken to commander Ikari by Kaji. That's why I said earlier I do not know whether or not Kaji told Misato this.
Nuke wrote:...Lilith was the second. If I understand it right she(?) was born from adam. If Im wrong where did she come from? We see her against the cross pierced by the Lance and no legs, the lance to keep lilith from growing again. Why didnt lilith wake up when the lance was removed to combat one of the angels? Also who fought lilith to get her against the cross...
Lilith is an Angel just like Adam. She was not born from him, she is equal to him, just like the others was. The only man-made Angel technically spawned from Adam himself was Kuwaro.

I don't know where she came from. Where did Adam come from?

Would Lilith have combated the Angels? Again (some one tell me please), would Ayanami have stopped Kuwaro?

IMO yes, that's why she broke through both Kuwaro's and Evangelion Unit 1's AT-Fields in Terminal Dogma. From this we learn that Lilith may have been stronger than the Adam...? - Angels possess the fruit of life. Lilim the fruit of wisdom. He who possesses both become God - Evangelion Unit 1, a mirror of Lilith > Representation : Man playing God.

The anime does not explain exactly where Lilith came from. You need the manga for that, as well as a shyte-load of time on hand iot look for clues.

Nerve's predecessor GEHIRN captured both Adam and Lilith (I think...)

And Lilith's matter / soul / life was transferred to Ayanami, the empty shell / clone / husk carrying her. Removing the Lance could not have granted her life, merely growth, yes, you are correct there.
Nuke wrote:...The 3rd angel came 15 years later from who knows where. A theory-The humans tried to play god by making adam an embrio(to gain power) but was punished(the second impact) The angel came back to check of the human race but was met by unit 1 that destroyed it, showing that the humans tried to gain even more power. Any other theories?
Yes, mine is very simmilar to yours Nuke, though both mine as well as yours is flawwed simply because I do not have enough pieces iot complete the puzzle. I have only the anime, and still need the Revival Of Evangeliom movie (Director's Cut) at that. What you need for a better understanding of Evangelion :

- Anime (complete)
- Manga (complete)
- The Red Cross Book
- Collector's card set (complete)
- PS2 game
- study time...

I will give a hint though. Study the Nerve logo -

"God's In His Heaven, All's Right With The World."

Are you thinking what I'm thinking... "All's Right..." because of?

Man was punnished for their audacity playing God yes -
The fig leaf has covered mans' nakedness in art and scuplture for hundreds of years, symbolically representing the guilt of his original sin. In one interpretation of the logo, man is now making war on the angels and challenging God himself; mankind no longer feels shame for his sins - so when the fig leaf is pulled back, NERV is revealed.
But, what if I tell you this -

Evangelion is not religious in any which way whatsoever...

Now, are we having fun yet boys?
Last edited by Rayne on 27 Nov 2005, 23:46, edited 1 time in total.
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

I have to disagree there, its 10 commandments not 7. In the christian religion 7 is a number of completeness. Maybe that mean something.
But, what if I tell you this -

Evangelion is not religious in any which way whatsoever...
What do you mean, the whole series are full of religous meaning and simbols. The Tree of Sephiroth(on Gendo's wall and in the end), the fig leave, the nerve motto etc :?
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Erm, oops...

Thanks for correcting me there.

And yip, both the writer and GAINAX said Evangelion does not carry any religious intend.

It was merely implemented in the series so as to make it appeal to the Eastern culture, much like the Western culture implement their Eastern counterparts (kung-fu, ninja's etc) in their movies.

We tend to follow that which we do not understand.
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Nuke wrote:
I have to disagree there, its 10 commandments not 7. In the christian religion 7 is a number of completeness. Maybe that mean something.
Can't remeber exactly but i think in the FAQ it says that the seven eyed symbol is drawn from a passage in the bible refering to a seven eyed goat or some race's seven eyed goat god or something. lol i got this heavely mixed but can't remeber the thing exactly. Someone plz correct me or I will later this week when i had time to find reference.
There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I walk that line everyday.
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

GrEteL_GrAy
Location: east of the road to the darkness, south of the road of light, dwelling in the abyss of flight...

Post by GrEteL_GrAy »

interesting non the less...
:twisted: Chick Knight :twisted:
...and when they find me, the blood that wil
pour from me will not be blameless...
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Yeah that's where I got my pics from.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Weta Head Hopes to Co-Produce Evangelion
Richard Taylor actually seems to get the anime series.

Somewhere in Hollywood, the live-action remake of the hit anime series Neon Genesis: Evangelion is on a backburner. Some pre-production work has been done, but when and how the movie will get off the ground remains to be seen.

Richard Taylor, famous for the work he and Weta Workshop did on The Lord of the Rings, would like to have a stab at co-producing the film. He's a big fan of the Japanese series, and seems to understand the enormous challenges involved than a typical Hollywood suit might.

"I've just been to Japan pursuing this," Taylor told Sci Fi Wire during a King Kong-related interview. "I think that is the great untold story to the world. It is sublime. It is arguably some of the most beautiful and poignant animation ever created, and a huge percentage of the pop culture world now know it, but only through a live-action feature film will it transcend that and receive the recognition for the art piece that it is.

"Now, actually achieving it as a live-action feature film is extremely difficult to imagine. Technologically, sure, it's doable. But at an esoteric, universe level, it is an unbelievably impacting and dramatic story concept. [It's got] pseudo-religious overtones, and all these wonderful motifs are woven into it. It's something that you can generate over 26 hours of animation, but trying to encapsulate that down into a feature film would be a massive challenge. But … with the right director, I think it could be a very beautiful movie. …And that's my big pursuit at the moment. I've put an awful lot of energy into it."

Evangelion is really the kind of show that never gets made in Hollywood. It's too complex, metaphorical, and psychological to please the average 90-minute-action-flick fan. The story involves three Japanese teenagers and a German teenager who have the rare ability to pilot mysterious, enormous mechanical robots called EVAs. What's more, these highly sophisticated machines are the only weapons capable of defeating the Angels – huge alien creatures that periodically invade Earth. In charge of the EVAs is a shadow Japanese paramilitary organization that also happens to be guarding some secrets behind the Angels.

Most fans would probably consider a single-movie adaptation of Evangelion to be impossible.

Weta has already been involved with pre-production, producing artwork and concept designs. Taylor believes an even bigger role for his team is possible. "We'll be blessed just to work on it. But it would be an opportunity for us to look at it at a different level if [Weta helped produce the movie]." Currently, John Ledford and anime distributor ADV are heading up the film.

IGN
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

I really do hope that if they are making a movie that doesnt encapsulate what Evangelion stands for, that the creators of the original anime will have the power to pull the plug on the movie...
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

They don't.

They've sold the rights, but are being consulted.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

It may actually be a good idea if they did a "dumbed down" version for Hollywood.
The anime went completely over my head at the end.
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

A dumbed down version would be shyte!!!!
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

They cannot make it too complexed, because there's not enough time to explain it.

imo they won't make this movie any time soon.

*Live-action Saikano/She The Ultimate Weapon in the works as well...*
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

The other reason the cant make it too complex is because than people wont understand it :lol:

Serious? a live action Saikano? plz post some links. But Im afraid they are going to f that one up too...l.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

http://www.saikano-movie.com/

It's not Hollywood made.

Personally I don't like Japanese live-action so I'll give it a pass.
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

Never watched Japanese live-action. But if its good Ill try it out. Hopely when its out I will know enough japanese to understand.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

I watched this video of a panel from Tekkoshocon, and I'm surprised to say that the word on the Live Action Evangelion Project seems pretty good. I've had severe hesitations, and have on more than one occasion acted as a sort of harbinger of doom in regards to the project, convinced that there is no way in hell that the project would amount in anything of significance or worth. Based upon some of what is being said by Greenfield, I'm starting to think differently. His statements about how the project is currently progressing are actually quite impressive, and make me somewhat at ease to know that at the very least, some amazing talent will go into realizing this project. I'm still skeptical as to whether or not the production can or will capture the same essence of what Anno expressed through Evangelion a decade ago. Nevertheless, it seems like something to keep an eye on in the coming months more than ever, as Greenfield ultimately states that a director will most likely be signed on by the end of the year. Very exciting times appear to be ahead in the Live Action Evangelion Project.

Here are some notes in brief from the panel in regards to the project:

-Matt Greenfield says that Weta approached ADV about approaching Gainax to do a live action Eva movie.
-Three "A List" directors that are also fans of Evangelion approached ADV about the project, not the other way around.
-Greenfield talks about getting their pitch package together and that "the first thing is Robin Williams talking about Evangelion", who is apparently a big Evangelion fan, and the appearance of the Mass Production Eva toy in One Hour Photo is entirely his doing.
-Celebrities have been inquiring directly to ADV about being involved in Live Action Evangelion.
-The director to be signed will most likely be the first to have room in their schedule.
-Greenfield acknowledges the uncertainty of the final product due to the nature of film making being driven by the director.
-The slug script was written by a well known writer who has written several well known sci-fi movies. The slug script will be re-written to fit the tastes and vision of the director selected.
-Greenfield acknowledges that the children will most likely be age appropriate. The kids will be picked and then the adults will be cast to work well with the children.
-Tiffany Grant asserts that Weta gets 20 times more email about Evangelion than Lord of the Rings.
-Greenfield says a director will most likely be signed by the end of the year.
-Greenfiled says they don't want to make it for profit, but because they want to do it, and they want to do it right, and do it justice in the same way that Lord of the Rings did.
http://eva.trivialbeing.net/
simmy

Post by simmy »

*off topic: but did anyone see the live-action of Basilisk its called Shinobi. Very Good, well made *

only watch N.G.E. once that was enough :?
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

Well, I still have to get my hands on this one... When I am not busy dl'ing some other series, I think I will give this one a shot...
Intel i5 750 - Asus P7P55D LE - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4Gig - Coolermaster HAF932
Club Radeon 5850 - Corsair HX750W - OCZ Vertex 2 120Gig SSD - 2x Seagate 1.5TB
Samsung 2494HS 1920x1080 - Logitech G15 - Logitech G500
BlackBerry Bold 9900 - iPod Touch 8Gig 2G
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Off-The-Chart wrote:Well, I still have to get my hands on this one... When I am not busy dl'ing some other series, I think I will give this one a shot...
Be prepared for the worst, most confusing ending in anime history. Everything up until the last couple of episodes rocks though....
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

To get this conversation going again.

One quick Q. Why did Shinji see Rei for a second in te begining of the first ep? Does it have any meaning or is it just a taste of things to come?
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Aiee!! Spoilers! Dang! - Synkronos :evil: