The I Hate Anime Thread

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Anakha56 wrote:leigh since your fond of CAPS STOP GENERALISING! god how i hate ppl who generalise... :roll:

Synk moved it so take it up with him and as far as i know i *think* it was Kronos who added the poll so again take it up with him!

i will move it for you since you asked. but please dont generalise.
What? What am I generalising? I have a right to be pissed at the people that tried (and pretty much succeeded) to ruin this thread.

Thanks for moving the thread.
human slave in an insect nation
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Leigh wrote:How are we supposed to ever have any entertaining discussions if the moderators themselves are dicking around with the threads by moving them to inappropriate forums where they're OBVIOUSLY going to cause problems, and adding unwanted polls that totally disrupt and destroy the point of the thread?????!!!!!
you are generalising there arent you? by mods and adding the plural you are using the whole group meanwhile as i stated only two of the group were involved with the listed offense, as they stated a couple of pages back. is that not generalising?

anyways this is off topic...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

I am only going to say this...

An argument can not continue if there is only one party involved.

This thread is obviously no longer about a dislike in anime but once again about egos. So either have a civil discussion about the topic at hand or I will lock it and throw away the key.
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Synkronos wrote:
Sojourn wrote:People #pay# for this ???? ..... insane.

LOL @ the Hattric comment - I see your point, but since when can you compare the beautiful game (in whatever format) to lame moving grafix ? :razz:
:teaspoon:

S
I feel quite the other way, Sojourn ;) Except I don't make disparaging remarks, I just like what I like, and let other people like what they like.
OOooooo... now we took the moral high ground.
Synkronos= *pointing accusing finger* : YOU MADE A DISPARAGING REMARK AT SOMETHING I LIKE WHILE I WOULD NEVER EVER MOCK OR RIDICULE ANYTHING YOU LIKE, IN FACT, I AM EVEN "LETTING" YOU LIKE WHATEVER YOU DO.

Don't even dare go that route matey. You are as biased and ridden with double standards as the next person. So please, shed that halo above your head and speak no more lies.

And am I supposed to be grateful that you, self-appointed lord and god over all, are "letting" us mere mortals like whatever we like ? Dont you think thats just a teensy weensy bit part of some complex ? (Likely defined by Freud- so there might be help out there by now.)

Point is, that post was meant for Jee. Luckaly she saw the parody hidden in there. Now shoo... dont you have "subjects" in need elsewhere?

S
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Anakha56 wrote: you are generalising there arent you? by mods and adding the plural you are using the whole group meanwhile as i stated only two of the group were involved with the listed offense, as they stated a couple of pages back. is that not generalising?

anyways this is off topic...
So now I am generalising because I didn't specifically name the mods? I have no idea who added the poll and I don't know who moved the thread, so I said "the mods". Because that is the truth - these things were done by moderators. How is this untrue?
human slave in an insect nation
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

I think one of the reasons I dislike it is because such a fuss is made about it. It comes from a different culture and requires the viewer to understand a different language and humour. Japanese humour will never be funny. You have all the kids (and some grownups) talking about this scene and that character and how they want to learn japanese. And you look at this and think, wtf are they on about?
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Y0da wrote:Japanese humour will never be funny.
I think you mean to say for you...
Most of the people I know absolutely love Goldenboy, as it is amongst the funniest anime's ever made!
daBoss

Post by daBoss »

just a suggestion to solve some problems!
ive seen certain forums where they lock certain threads for certain users,

Maybe thats a step in the Right Direction!
im not taking any sides but erm maybe that can be arranged to avoid Beef!

Thats my opinion on this!
So if u wanna be in a certain Thread,
U say so and then u get that!

Just an Idea!
Hope someone hears/reads it!
Lets Make Up!
Intel 2.13 Ghz Core 2 Duo
MSI P35 Neo 3
2Gig Transcent DDR2 800
320gig SATA2 Seagate
250gig SATA2 Seagate
250gig SATA2 Maxtor
512MB 8800GT XFX
Asus SATA DvDWriter
600w PSU
Coolermaster Cavalier
Dual Display 22\\\" & 17\\\"
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Y0da wrote:I think one of the reasons I dislike it is because such a fuss is made about it. It comes from a different culture and requires the viewer to understand a different language and humour. Japanese humour will never be funny. You have all the kids (and some grownups) talking about this scene and that character and how they want to learn japanese. And you look at this and think, wtf are they on about?
Agree.

The only and first ever type "anime" type movie that made an impression was "that" movie... Yoda knows the one. Bruce W, Jessica A ... But seeing as that is US-made I dont think it counts.

S
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

jee wrote: I cannot stand South Park...
jee... I thought we were on the same side, but I see now that you belong to the dark side, and as a jedi I cannot stand by idly. From this day forth I will make it my mission to convert you back to the light.

<waves hand> you do not dislike Saouth Park, it is good, you like south park, it pleases you<waves hand>
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

Anakha56 wrote:... i *think* it was Kronos who added the poll...
Stop thinking it's obviously not your strongest characteristic :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding. I didn't add the poll, but I'll remove it.
Leigh wrote:It's like dressing up as a Klan member and going to a Panthers meeting.
Now THAT would be reaallly funny.

[Bad Boys II]
Oopsy daisy. It's the Nigras!
[/Bad Boys II]
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thrall wrote:*Eddie Murphy voice, waving an invisible sniper rifle* "He won't stand still!"
:lol: President Jessie Jackson! :lol:
Synkronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Synkronos »

What a waste of server space and everyone's time.

Once more: Leigh, you do not own this thread just because you started it. Trying to claim that everyone posting about anime in here is off topic is ridiculous.

Oh, and I stand by my decision to move it to the anime section, and am thus moving it back there. This is a thread about anime, just as surely as a thread praising anime is. So, deal.
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.