The I Hate Anime Thread

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Zell_D wrote:Because of the immaturity of some self-rightous people... :roll:
Why are you still posting in this thread? Seriously?

If I was so "self righteous" as you claim, then I'd have called the thread "ANIME SUCKS" and gone on about how crap it is.

If you re-read my posts, you'll find I always have a "I think" or "I personally feel" because I am expressing MY OPINION. Nowhere have I made broad, sweeping statements other than an assesment on the technical merit of some of the animation.

I also haven't resorted to name calling or insulting other than to say that some of the responses have been childish.

I stated right at the beginning of the thread that it was:

- tongue in cheek
- for people who DON'T like anime to post in
- NOT for anime fanboys to whine in.

So why, oh why has it turned into another ludicrous argument? Because some people felt the necessity to shove their unwanted tidbits down other peoples throats instead of leaving the rest of us to have our harmless fun.
Last edited by Leigh on 02 Nov 2005, 10:45, edited 2 times in total.
human slave in an insect nation
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

Anakha. Check you pm.
QBM

Post by QBM »

Leigh wrote:
Zell_D wrote:Because of the immaturity of some self-rightous people... :roll:
Why are you still posting in this thread? Seriously?
He told you. Because he is immature and self righteous.
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

Well in all fairness to PCF and this thread you must remember that most of those who like anime were in diapers when we were at varsity. Please note that I said MOST. ;)
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
GrEteL_GrAy
Location: east of the road to the darkness, south of the road of light, dwelling in the abyss of flight...

Post by GrEteL_GrAy »

why do u hate anime...Seriously?
:twisted: Chick Knight :twisted:
...and when they find me, the blood that wil
pour from me will not be blameless...
Ark
Processor: E4400
Graphics card: 8800GTX
Memory: 4GB DDR2

Post by Ark »

Looks like there's a lot of retards posting here. How many times do they need something explained to them before they understand?
16-bit Corpse
Spoiler: (show)
I like scrota.
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Re: The I Hate Anime Thread

Post by Kronos »

Zell_D wrote:Anyways, I'm not posting in this thread because I am sad or angry or dying because of your opinions. As I stated, if you don't like anime, then I don't care. Its like wanting people to like life. You can't change them.
And Yet, you keep on and on posting in this thread!? :?

Zell, You're walking on thin ice again. :x

It's partly because of you (and obviously some others too), that Leigh left the last time.

Stop this Brainless fanboy ranting. And the "BOY" being the dominant part of that sentence.

Don't tell me your age has nothing to do with it. You're a young KID who has A CRAP LOAD of life experience to go through and even more to learn. YOUR arguments are childish, and stem from your inexperience.

If you have anything to say further, PM me.

This thread is locked untill everyone has a chance to calm down, and the Animé lovers keeps to their threads.
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

tHeGrEteL wrote:why do u hate anime...Seriously?
Did you read the whole thread?
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

tHeGrEteL wrote:why do u hate anime...Seriously?
A question worth answering. Hmm...tell me, why do you hate the things that you hate? And hate in this case would be more like a serious dislike. People have different taste and maybe in a generation thing but yeah, I don't like anime.
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
jee

Post by jee »

Leigh wrote:
jee wrote:
Y0da wrote:I'm all for fun but not at the expense of others. ;)

So is someone going to actually explain this anime stuff to us?
WHY ARE YOU IN THIS THREAD?
Can you read Leigh? YOda wanted someone to explain anime... and this thread is not just about you.. but then, if the shoe fits...
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

Unlocked. Keep it civil this time please.

@Jee, Explain away. :wink:
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

eish...

Who would have thought that some would take some of the posted stuff on here seriously. Was fun reading *some* of it though... I must be bored out of my scull...

s
Synkronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Synkronos »

Kronos wrote: @Synkronos,
<snip>
Lastly, You're leaning more towards a fanboy than just a plain fan. I can gather that much just from 1 word you used, and the context you used it in. The Word:

SADLY
Er... my definition of a fanboy (as opposed to a fan) is someone who blindly and irrationally will defend every aspect of his chosen fandom. What I've tried to do is rationally point out a few things. I am perfectly okay with people not liking, and even hating, things that I think are fantastic. I'm not that insecure. Also, I did say it was perfectly legitimate to dislike a medium. Just do it for the shortcomings of the medium, not on the weaknesses of the handful of largely crap programs we get to see. You and Leigh are some of the few people I've talked to who actually seem to dislike anime the medium (and who appreciate the distinction).

My two animation examples were mostly aimed at Leigh, btw, and were meant as examples of what I feel are particularly realistic animation sequences, in reply to her complaint about the unrealism of it all.

@Leigh: This is not 'your' thread in any posession sense. While you did start it, you do not have the right to decide who can post in here and who can't. A topic shift from 'Who else hates anime' to 'What do you hate about it?' is not that major. I agree that a lot of the fanboys floating around have been particularly rude (and not precisely helped the quality of the thread at all), but then call them on that, rather than telling them that this isn't for them and they should just get out. They have already been chewed out by Kronos a few posts up. This is a public forum, after all.

PS. How ironic is it that Kronos and Synkronos are firmly on opposite ends of the opinion spectrum here ;)

Have a nice thread everyone ^_^ Please, try behave.
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

You should have been ASynkronos
hehe :lol:
Synkronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Synkronos »

Kronos wrote:You should have been ASynkronos
hehe :lol:
Guess what alt I use on the (rare) occasions when Synkronos is taken ;)
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

Or Synchrone ... as in the VW Bus or the tyre... :D
jee

Post by jee »

Spirited Away shared the first prize at the 2002 Berlin Film Festival and won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature in 2003, and Innocence: Ghost in the Shell was featured at the 2004 Cannes Film Festival.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Synkronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Synkronos »

Just cos it's featured at a festival doesn't mean it's good ;) Well, good in my uneducated opinion, at least.
jee

Post by jee »

True, Synkronos, but being featured should point at the fact that someone thought it should have been included :)

I suppose it had lots to do with personal taste. I cannot stand South Park... and often wonder if people know the difference between anime and cartoons as well as the Disneyfied versions of animation. The Japanese fairytales (that is what anime and manga is) is still in the olde format... unlike the real Western fairlytales that became watered down in the 18th centuary and then Disney got hold of it and it became "cute". Manga/anime has often very sophisticated graphics, challenging storylines that is often of a darker nature. But like any genre, (and lots of what we see in the West are sub-genres) it also has its "ruff " drawings and weaker animation. Its an art form yet also a sociological phenomenon, a culture.
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

Someone should start a "I hate the 'The I Hate Anime Thread' Thread"

:D
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

jee wrote:True, Synkronos, but being featured should point at the fact that someone thought it should have been included :)
Probably a fanboy :P
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

wit_skapie wrote:Someone should start a "I hate the 'The I Hate Anime Thread' Thread"

Then I'll start a "I hate the people who hate the "The I Hate Animé Thread" Thread"
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

Kronos wrote:
wit_skapie wrote:Someone should start a "I hate the 'The I Hate Anime Thread' Thread"

Then I'll start a "I hate the people who hate the "The I Hate Animé Thread" Thread"
:biggrin:
jee

Post by jee »

it seems to me that you boys are rather bored.. but i will forgive you, cause you are obviously not reading/watching the right things :)

What i cannot understand is that those who "hate" anime/manga has no respect for those who enjoy it... I wonder if you have played any anime games? hmmm the manga industry had a turnover of $50 billion last year... not too shabby for something that is so "hated". :P
capanno

Post by capanno »

If you are bored, do the world a favour and start scambaiting!
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points