The I Hate Anime Thread

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

The mods may as well close this thread again if this is the way it's going.

It's just ridiculous that this thread was utterly destroyed by the very people that I requested to refrain from replying right in the first post.
human slave in an insect nation
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

DEeRaY wrote:cant we all just agree to disagree!?
The point of this thread, as far as I know, and please correct me if I'm wrong... Was to see if there are any other people on this forum that share Leigh's opinions on anime and how crap it is. Because it is. Crap. Period. Now I honestly don't see how the hell this thread has turned into a flame war not even related to anime anymore.

The hell with chill pills, we need some horse tranquilisers in here!
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

thats fine by me, I dont like anime but i dont flash it in other people faces .. obviously there gonna come in here and post, if you saw some thread by some person going off about how they hate whatever you do animation or somthing, would you just sit back or oyou gonna have your say. OBVIOULSY YOUR GONNA POST
This is a public forum dammit!

This thread is stupid and pointless and has turned into a monster :P .. you guys take yourselves way to seriously!
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

WHAT?!? I don't take myself seriously at all... Well in this place anyway, it is after all a FORUM! Not... "REAL LIFE"! Well I suppose to some it is their life, and that's their perogative...

And I've had many arguments on this forum with people who know jack about the very points they argue, but then I get over it, cos it's all fun and games! The people that are, in your own words, "too serious", are the people professing their undying love and devotion for anime... :lol:
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

You see? You see? It wasnt my fault!

...Awww crap! I am here now just as the shyte is hitting the fan. Again. I will be blamed... again.
shlebib
Permanently Banned

Post by shlebib »

Zell stop causing sh*t here!!! :P :lol:
who's fault was it zell if it wasnt u?
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film. :lol:
capanno

Post by capanno »

Ive had some crap arguments here and tried to debate and made a complete jackass out of myself. I was hard headed and couldnt accept the fact that people can disagree on something. Heck sometimes I still make a jackass out of myself. Ive learned alot here, hopefully for the best. My point is I take my hat off to someone like Leigh to still try and convince some people what this thread is about while she has far better things to do. Im not sure why I am typing this.
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
shlebib
Permanently Banned

Post by shlebib »

People can disagree but that can happen on a debate thread not a thread that is not about debating.

(cap and i agree on something...OMG) if i was wearing a hat i would take it off for leigh.
Android

Post by Android »

I just don’t see the point, it’s just silly cartoons. Why make such a big fuss over it? It’s not like cartoons are gonna save the world or find a cure for cancer. Wtf grow up. esih
Last edited by Android on 03 Nov 2005, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.
\\\\\\\" irc.darkhaven.org.za \\\\\\\"
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Leigh wrote:Oh and why was this even moved to the Anime forum? That's like putting a hotdog in a pit of Texans and expecting it to stay intact.
EXACTLY!!!!
I thought you put it in the anime section, and that would opbviously have been a provocation, hence... hence... well, you know the rest.

@Shlebib: You see what I mean? I shoulda stayed in bed... :lol:
capanno

Post by capanno »

shleb wrote:if i was wearing a hat i would take it off for leigh.
We could cut our hair off. :)
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
shlebib
Permanently Banned

Post by shlebib »

lol... who do u blame zell, im curious?
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

I have had enough discussions with a certain mod about this, and its totally resolved. I'm over it, and I dont want to dig up that tin of beans... cause I will surely be targeted again. :wink:
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Zell_D wrote: EXACTLY!!!!
I thought you put it in the anime section, and that would opbviously have been a provocation, hence... hence... well, you know the rest.
It was only moved to this forum after it was closed the other day, as far as I know.
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Wierd. :?
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

Capanno_Del_Kimakigami wrote: Im not sure why I am typing this.
lol
ryanrich wrote:professing their undying love and devotion for anime... :lol:
yeah and great for them, they found something they love!

Leigh you love what you do dont you? but somewhere out there there are some people that look down on what you do, almost as if its below them.. and in a way thats what this thread is .. i mean no offence to you, actually i agree with you with most of the points you make :P
Dom

Post by Dom »

What's this world coming to, where people can't simply dislike something, without others then trying to encourage them to like it... WTH? It's called personal preference for a reason.

:roll:
\"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; although I am not sure about the former.\" Albert Einstein

November 10th, 2004; I\'m gonna miss you mom :-(
May 3rd, 2007; Missing you gramps :-(
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Why cant people dislike something, without having to gloat about it in front of people who do like it? :roll:
Dom

Post by Dom »

Yeah, that's a valid reason too... oh well, that's the joys of a public forum for you I guess!
\"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; although I am not sure about the former.\" Albert Einstein

November 10th, 2004; I\'m gonna miss you mom :-(
May 3rd, 2007; Missing you gramps :-(
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Zell_D wrote:Why cant people dislike something, without having to gloat about it in front of people who do like it? :roll:
Gloat?! Do you even know what that word means? How the HELL is this gloating? I said I don't like it. How is that gloating? Please explain.

gloat
intr.v. gloat·ed, gloat·ing, gloats
To feel or express great, often malicious, pleasure or self-satisfaction

If people can post threads waxing lyrical about how amazing anime is, then it's only fair for those of us who don't like it to have a place to say so as well. This world isn't one sided.

And once again, if you don't like a thread, DON'T READ IT. It's really simple. Just don't click on it. I don't click on the anime threads.

And DEeRaY, not liking something doesn't mean I have no respect for the people who create it.

All this bickering and whining is incredibly unnecessary and ridiculous.

AND CAN A MOD PLEASE MOVE THIS BACK TO THE CHILLOUT FORUM WHERE IT BELONGS?
J2theT
Permanently Banned

Post by J2theT »

Leigh n Jee (in previous posts)

*Just had to do it*

Thrall
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrall »

Zell_D wrote:...I dont want to dig up that tin of beans... cause I will surely be targeted again. :wink:
*Eddie Murphy voice, waving an invisible sniper rifle* "He won't stand still!" :D
Be polite, professional and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

My Iraq pics
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

AGAIN I AM ASKING THIS:

CAN A MOD PLEASE MOVE THIS BACK TO THE CHILLOUT FORUM WHERE I POSTED IT?!

Seriously, what justification is there for having it here?! It seems like an intentional move to allow anime fans to flame those of us who don't like it. It's like dressing up as a Klan member and going to a Panthers meeting.

Also, please remove the poll. If I had wanted this to be a poll, I would have posted that myself. I did not ask for a poll - it totally defeats the purpose of this thread in the first place.

How are we supposed to ever have any entertaining discussions if the moderators themselves are dicking around with the threads by moving them to inappropriate forums where they're OBVIOUSLY going to cause problems, and adding unwanted polls that totally disrupt and destroy the point of the thread?????!!!!!
J2theT
Permanently Banned

Post by J2theT »

Leigh wrote:AGAIN I AM ASKING THIS:

CAN A MOD PLEASE MOVE THIS BACK TO THE CHILLOUT FORUM WHERE I POSTED IT?!

Seriously, what justification is there for having it here?! It seems like an intentional move to allow anime fans to flame those of us who don't like it. It's like dressing up as a Klan member and going to a Panthers meeting.

Also, please remove the poll. If I had wanted this to be a poll, I would have posted that myself. I did not ask for a poll - it totally defeats the purpose of this thread in the first place.

How are we supposed to ever have any entertaining discussions if the moderators themselves are dicking around with the threads by moving them to inappropriate forums where they're OBVIOUSLY going to cause problems, and adding unwanted polls that totally disrupt and destroy the point of the thread?????!!!!!

You've got a point there :bigups:
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

leigh since your fond of CAPS STOP GENERALISING! god how i hate ppl who generalise... :roll:

Synk moved it so take it up with him and as far as i know i *think* it was Kronos who added the poll so again take it up with him!

i will move it for you since you asked. but please dont generalise.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.