The I Hate Anime Thread

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

jee wrote:it seems to me that you boys are rather bored.. but i will forgive you, cause you are obviously not reading/watching the right things :)

What i cannot understand is that those who "hate" anime/manga has no respect for those who enjoy it... I wonder if you have played any anime games? hmmm the manga industry had a turnover of $50 billion last year... not too shabby for something that is so "hated". :P
G, I think you are taking this way too seriously. Chill girl. Who made this a respect\disrespect issue? Leigh started this thread VERY tougue-in-cheek, and it expanded to what it is only after the "fans" jumped on the bandwagon. So while this wagon is rolling...

...from my side, no disrespect, but I find anime and the persuit thereof time wasting, unrewarding and as mentioned before, a waste of valueable bandwidth and disk space. Thats my take on it. Period.

S
jee

Post by jee »

Oh Mr Traveler, I dont take it that seriously - I take it as I view life - which you know is from a very "tongue-in-cheek" point of live and let live.

What will you say if I tell you that I think hattrick is a waste of time? Off course you are going to want to support your viewpoint rather vehehemently... and knowing you... :D

Also remember, many people d/l anime and manga, but we also buy the dvds - I own about 25 dvds and apart from the LOTR dvds the rest are all anime :)
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

People #pay# for this ???? ..... insane.

LOL @ the Hattric comment - I see your point, but since when can you compare the beautiful game (in whatever format) to lame moving grafix ? :razz:
:teaspoon:

S
Synkronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Synkronos »

Sojourn wrote:People #pay# for this ???? ..... insane.

LOL @ the Hattric comment - I see your point, but since when can you compare the beautiful game (in whatever format) to lame moving grafix ? :razz:
:teaspoon:

S
I feel quite the other way, Sojourn ;) Except I don't make disparaging remarks, I just like what I like, and let other people like what they like.
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.
Mortal_Wombat

Post by Mortal_Wombat »

Well, remember the Matrix? That movie was basically a copy of Ghost in the Shell. You know why they made The Animatrix afterwads? To say thank you to anime for the inspiration it gave them. And what anime have you watched? Hmm? most people I know who hate anime have watched Dragonball Z or Pokemon, so they think thats what anime is. You people say anime is badly drawn? Watch Ghost in the Shell 2. And no, i am not a fanboy, I just like watching anime. I like how it is different from most of the crap on tv these days. I do like other cartoons, like Invader Zim, SpongeBob, Megas XLr and Justice League unlimited. Bt anime is just so diffrrent, so refreshing. Plus it increases your reading sklills a hell of alot.
Im looking for some alien toilet to park my bricks. Whos first?
capanno

Post by capanno »

How about Angry Beavers? Thats cool too. And Ed Edd and Eddy. Johnny bravo.
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Kronos wrote:
wit_skapie wrote:Someone should start a "I hate the 'The I Hate Anime Thread' Thread"

:D
Then I'll start a "I hate the people who hate the "The I Hate Animé Thread" Thread"
Sounds very Dexter's Lab "I hate kids with funny accents" -ish.

Actually if had to hate people that hate surely wo of the hates would negate each other out and therefore just hate the anime thread. Well I'd go with that. Anime is the suck0rz!111!!!
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
Android

Post by Android »

i don't like cartoons
\\\\\\\" irc.darkhaven.org.za \\\\\\\"
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

That doesn't deter from the fact that _the quality ones_ are better than most anime.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
jee

Post by jee »

Android wrote:i don't like cartoons
anime is NOT cartoons.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Mortal_Wombat

Post by Mortal_Wombat »

jee wrote:anime is NOT cartoons.
I know, that's one thing i realy hate, is when people confuse the two. All i'm saying is i like cartoons and anime. Yes, there is some realy **** anime out there, but theres also stuff that i will watch a hundred times over.
Android

Post by Android »

jee wrote:
Android wrote:i don't like cartoons
anime is NOT cartoons.
it's all the same to me jee :P
\\\\\\\" irc.darkhaven.org.za \\\\\\\"
capanno

Post by capanno »

I was almost going to ask you to continue this discussion in another thread.
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
Dom

Post by Dom »

Mortal_Wombat wrote:Well, remember the Matrix? That movie was basically a copy of Ghost in the Shell. You know why they made The Animatrix afterwads? To say thank you to anime for the inspiration it gave them. And what anime have you watched? Hmm? most people I know who hate anime have watched Dragonball Z or Pokemon, so they think thats what anime is. You people say anime is badly drawn? Watch Ghost in the Shell 2. And no, i am not a fanboy, I just like watching anime. I like how it is different from most of the crap on tv these days. I do like other cartoons, like Invader Zim, SpongeBob, Megas XLr and Justice League unlimited. Bt anime is just so diffrrent, so refreshing. Plus it increases your reading sklills a hell of alot.
I have to admit that the Animatrix is actually pretty cool...
\"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; although I am not sure about the former.\" Albert Einstein

November 10th, 2004; I\'m gonna miss you mom :-(
May 3rd, 2007; Missing you gramps :-(
Thrall
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrall »

I have no idea what anime even is :?
Be polite, professional and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

My Iraq pics
shlebib
Permanently Banned

Post by shlebib »

I think anime is stupid, wats with some of you and this obsession with anime chicks, real chicks r hotter!
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film. :lol:
jee

Post by jee »

Thrall wrote:I have no idea what anime even is :?
hmm unfortunately I can't teach you anymore :twisted:

@ slebib... its not just about the "girls". Anime has got real great story lines and loads of moral issues, if you are willing to find the series that intrigues you.
shlebib
Permanently Banned

Post by shlebib »

im judging by wot ive seen in the anime pic thread... quite alot of perving goes on there...
jee

Post by jee »

hm mm perhaps you should stop perving and start looking at the artwork :D
amdretard

Post by amdretard »

If South park counts then Anime is cool
the same goes for Simpson and futurarama
My friends think i need a life. What do you think?
Mortal_Wombat

Post by Mortal_Wombat »

I personally don't like "anime girls". I also think the people who find them attractive or beautiful are weirdos. I'm more into action/adventure/sci fi anime, not that ecchi stuff. The only anime i liked like that was Love Hina, where girls in panties or bra's were used for comedy. Also i don't realy care if someone doesn't like anime, their loss.
Last edited by Mortal_Wombat on 03 Nov 2005, 19:51, edited 2 times in total.
chez

Post by chez »

I don't know anything about anime, but my oldest son is crazy about it....so much so that he wants to go to Japan because he feels that the Japenese people have incredible discipline and respect for each other, so it can't be so bad if it sends out messages like that. :D
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

That you must blame on me :lol: For giving people the idea that anime is only bout girls in little cloths :twisted:
shlebib
Permanently Banned

Post by shlebib »

jee wrote:hm mm perhaps you should stop perving and start looking at the artwork :D
i perv ova real girls... not "artwork"
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Stop perving!

Freakin' perv!