SA Boks versus France

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
lancelot

SA Boks versus France

Post by lancelot »

Well Guys, who will win today in Durban? My prediction? Boks 37 France 17.

You?
Last edited by lancelot on 18 Jun 2005, 12:34, edited 1 time in total.
Road_Kill

Post by Road_Kill »

I think it will be something closer like 27 - 19
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Not sure.... But the first French Try was so stupid! They practically gave the French the goal!
elbow

Post by elbow »

That was the most useless game of rugby I have ever seen! Australia and New Zealand must be laughing their heads off at both of us right now.

----------Squire to M_T----------
----Thanks to rid1 for the avvie----
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Who won and what was the score? I went to sleep half way through....
Road_Kill

Post by Road_Kill »

30-30
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Okay shouldnt have asked that is pathetic.. yup now to carry on my life...
Diva

Post by Diva »

Well if a girl has to give an opinion I would say the Frence side looked better. We were lucky to have the game drawn :wink:
Last edited by Diva on 18 Jun 2005, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Don't they have a drop kick penalty shootout or something to determine who wins?
We were lucky to defeat them
Hmm... since when is a draw winning?
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Dont ask me, I dont know anything about rugby.... I wear glasses so I avoid the game :wink:

Isnt that only in Soccer Neon? You know the shoot-out to determine the winner?
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

someidiotsa wrote:Dont ask me, I dont know anything about rugby.... I wear glasses so I avoid the game :wink:

Isnt that only in Soccer Neon? You know the shoot-out to determine the winner?
Oh yes, my mistake. It's the proper sport that has that.

(/me nudges someidiotsa and whispers, that was the joke)

As for the glasses issue, I play the "proper sport" and use contacts. Contacts rock0rz! I suggest if you do play sports you should get some.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Been trying to get contacts coz my glasses keeps flying off my face.....
Mom wont allow me though coz she says it is bad for your eyes..
I look stupid without glasses though, many people say I look odd.... :roll:
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

someidiotsa wrote:*psst, I know you play the proper sport

Been trying to get contacts coz my glasses keeps flying off my face.....
Mom wont allow me though coz she says it is bad for your eyes..
I look stupid without glasses though, many people say I look odd.... :roll:
:)

Dude, tell your mom contacts are better for your eyes than glasses. As the focal length is closer, your eyes tend to not stress as much to see detail and causes less eye strain. That story about your eyes becoming lazy is just nonsense. Since wearing contacts, the lens strength that I need have basically remained contant where whne I only had glasses I needed they changed all the time. They are actually busy manufacturing a contact lens that corrects your eyes over time if you short-sighted (means you can't see far). Which means we could have 20/20 vision The monthly ones don't work out to expensive and I'm sure the restaurant can't be doing too badly. ;)
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

hmm never thought of it that way...

That contact that corrects your eyes does seem promising though coz after all, not everyone can afford Lazer eye surgery....

And about the restaurant business it accually is kinda slow right now.... And since I am moving schools doesnt help much.... And I also want an upgrade for my computer so yeah... budget... *The computer upgrade prob wont happen though :(
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Well we successfully hijacked a rugby thread, yeah!

It's actually called Lasik (TM) Technology, supposely some company bought the technology and trademarked it or something like that. That's why on Extreme Makeover and these reality ugly-duckling to swan type shows, they specifically mention the technology by brand name. Last time I enquired about the process it was R7000 an eye, which is hefty sum, but even if I was to rob a bank, the chance of the procedure working out exactly to plan is still not convincing enough. So I'm differently interested in these corrective contacts.

Is your restaurant a chinese restaurant? Maybe try the fortune cookies for some business booming tips. ;)
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

haha, Interesting to see it go so off topic though....

These Contacts seem really interesting, if you get info please make a thread coz trust me I am sure there are many ppl who wear glasses here...

I believe in fortune cookies btw... Every single one that I have eaten the fortunes came true. But the lottery numbers dont work (I have tried)...

Oh to stay a little bit on Topic most ppl think SA sucks at sports... yup
Road_Kill

Post by Road_Kill »

My sister had the eye surgery and she went from running away from black bags in the street (she thought it was a dog) to 20/20.It really does work, she couldn't even see my face from a few metres away. Now she sees almost better than I do. Plus we got a discount cause my mom is friends with the Doctor.
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Yeah but it costs a fortune! Way too much and I highly doubt any student would be able to afford it...
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

The rugby was hilarious... The french deserved it hands down, pity bout that easy kick they missed...

SA went in with an attitude, needed a thrashing...

You dont say 'this and that' about a match and how easy it is, put in a watered down team and then lose... You win a game on the field, not in the newspapers...
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
elbow

Post by elbow »

Slasher wrote:The rugby was hilarious... The french deserved it hands down, pity bout that easy kick they missed...

SA went in with an attitude, needed a thrashing...

You dont say 'this and that' about a match and how easy it is, put in a watered down team and then lose... You win a game on the field, not in the newspapers...
So so true! We def did not deserve a draw. We needed to get thrashed! How many times did it look like we had no clue what we were doing? It looked like the main idea was pass it wide, and once it got there???? No clue! Sigh! Good luck to retaining any dignity this year!

Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

I think Jake White would've ****'ed all over the team on Saturday. They were a totally different team to the one that ran over Uruguay.

There were mostly good individual performances from the Boks, but the team game wasn't there.

I think it was a good result for both teams as they both played well using their respective tactics. The french ran the Boks hard and the Boks smashed them right back.

Let's just hope SA can finish them off in PE.
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
elbow

Post by elbow »

But even saying that Tel, the game against Uruguay cant really count for anything. They hardly made it into our 22m area. We played pretty badly against them but managed to slaughter them cause they play a whole lot worse! If we had played them as we played the last few games in last years Tri-Nations, the score would have been even worse. And we definately would have smashed France the way they played on Saturday. Lets hold thumbs for PE!

Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

I disagree. The boks played with determination against Uruguay. There were minimal mistakes, solid decisions, solid passing, solid everything.

Against France, it was different...There were a lot of wayward passes, and SA were slow in attacking the loose ball too.
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
elbow

Post by elbow »

To me the only thing it looked like against Uruguay was each player trying to get in on the scoring action (which most of the team did!) Although they did have a lower mistake count against Uruguay, that to me falls under the fact that Uruguay couldn't make the boks sweat like the French did at times. Less pressure, less mistakes? Its the teams that hold it together under extreme pressure that win titles.

Slagter

Post by Slagter »

I hope the Boks can pull the cat out the bag for this coming Saturday!! The french are playing their big guns this weekend and I don't think the boks will cope with them, personally. If we can control the ball and move it out wide, we might stand a chance.