Arsenal's FA Cup triumph

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Arsenal's FA Cup triumph

Post by Tel »

Arsenal.com wrote:Ljungberg - FA Cup triumph makes the season OK
By Richard Clarke

Winning the FA Cup has made the season “OK” for Freddie Ljungberg.

The Swede converted a crucial spot kick straight after Paul Scholes had missed to give Arsenal the advantage against Manchester United in the shoot-out on Saturday. Arsène Wenger’s side held their nerve and lifted the trophy. In Ljungberg’s eyes, it helped make up for disappointments in other competitions.

"We were second in the League but we didn't do well in the Champions League so it has been an OK season but not more than that,” he said.

"That is the reason there was a lot of pressure on both Arsenal and Manchester United before the Final because whoever lost would not have a trophy.

"We are not happy with being second in the League and we didn't go far enough in the Champions League so we are not too pleased by that but at least we won the cup which is very big in England."

Ref: Arsenal.com
Man, I'm still ecstatic about The Gunners winning the FA Cup. Even though they didn't fully deserve it. As an Arsenal fan I do admit that MU dominated the match, but on the other hand MU had 2 hours in order to finish Arsenal off. They couldn't and Arsenal stayed mentally fit to beat them in the penalties.

To anybody that watched the game on Saturday...How was Freddie Ljungberg's save on the goal line! :D
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

I'm also a huge Arsenal supporter, but Man U way outplayed them... But anyway, I can't believe that arrogant idiot Wayne Rooney got man of the match and not Lehman! :roll:
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

Rooney fully deserved MotM. He was all over the place. I'm sure Lehmann wasn't too far behind in the running for the award either.
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Yeah I spose, Lehman shoulda got it though in my opinion... Rooney just needs to learn more discipline, will come from experience I suppose.
Sojourn

Re: Arsenal's FA Cup triumph

Post by Sojourn »

Envinyatar wrote:To anybody that watched the game on Saturday...How was Freddie Ljungberg's save on the goal line! :D
Mr Ljungberg's case is a classic one of being at the right place on the right time. He didnt anticipate that save nor planned it... it just happend. He's probably still on migraine medication.

On the one hand I feel that ARSEnal dont deserve the (stolen) trophy, however, stolen trophies are the sweetest... and none other that a ManU supporter knows this.

On the other hand, ManU had ample time to capitalise which they didnt.
Good game. Dissapointing result.

S
Last edited by Sojourn on 24 May 2005, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
skunkymunky
Permanently Banned

Post by skunkymunky »

I was so disappointed, We totally owned Arsenal
to lose like that.

but i was consoled when Chiefs took the league from pirates.
Fool people into thinking youve got a horse by taking off a unicorns horn
jbayman

Post by jbayman »

ryanrich wrote:Yeah I spose, Lehman shoulda got it though in my opinion... Rooney just needs to learn more discipline, will come from experience I suppose.
You're an Arsenal supporter, right. :wink:
Lehman almost conceded two goals, one deflected off him and luckily for him hit the post, the other, well let's just say Freddie saved the day.
There was also a couple of times that his decision making was a little suspect.

They tend to give the M.O.M to a player in the better team.

Anyway, that's just my two cents.......
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.