Do you belive in aliens?

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
qwiksilva666

Do you belive in aliens?

Post by qwiksilva666 »

this topic is dedicated to all those sci-fi junkies out there that jus wanna know.......
how far dus the universe go?
do you think we really landed on the moon or was it just a hoax?
pics of aliens or ufo's submit them here and discuss if they r hoax or genuine....
time and space?
parallel worlds and universe's?
FBI and CIA....r they hiding sumthing or jus playing with our minds?

pleas share your point of view....
~~*Head of the Druidic Council of the Pride of Darkness*~~
AMD PhenomII X4 955
M4N98TD-EVO
ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP
8GB Corsair XMS
Antec TP 750W
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

Do I believe in Aliens? Well, I only have to look at myself...............
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

i've seen many aliens in my life, most trying to sell me fake watches or steal my wallet.

:?
Last edited by Kher-za on 07 Apr 2005, 10:30, edited 1 time in total.
UsMarshal

Post by UsMarshal »

I thought aliens that would visit the earth for sinister reasons like abduction, stealing resources and playing mind games was all a hoax till I met my mother in law. :(
Richard_

Post by Richard_ »

Hmm. We had an interesting discussion with out Physics teacher the other day where we discussed all the variables involved in the moon landing. We came to the conclusion that there are too many oddities for the landing to be true. Well, at least the first one. Dunno about any after that.

What will be extremely interesting is when (if ever!!!) they send a manned shuttle to Mars. Wonder when we'll be technologically advanced enough for that...
UsMarshal

Post by UsMarshal »

They are going back to the moon in 2018 and then mars later

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/space/01/09/bush.space/
StarPhoenix

Post by StarPhoenix »

Creator wrote:Hmm. We had an interesting discussion with out Physics teacher the other day where we discussed all the variables involved in the moon landing. We came to the conclusion that there are too many oddities for the landing to be true. Well, at least the first one. Dunno about any after that.

What will be extremely interesting is when (if ever!!!) they send a manned shuttle to Mars. Wonder when we'll be technologically advanced enough for that...
Please elaborate on the difficulties entailed in a moon landing.
qwiksilva666

Post by qwiksilva666 »

i read recently that russia has been planing a mars trip for 30 years now....and the y say they have sattelite images of frozen water and algea on mars. algea needs jus CO2 to survive and thats just wot mars atmosphere mostly is.
AMD PhenomII X4 955
M4N98TD-EVO
ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP
8GB Corsair XMS
Antec TP 750W
sun_walka
Processor: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G41 PC-Mate
Graphics card: VisionTek Radeon R9 290
Memory: Crucial Balistix Sport 32GB DDR3

Post by sun_walka »

Kher-za wrote:i've seen many aliens in my life, most trying to sell me fake watches or steal my wallet.

:?
I've seen aliens, real aliens, I had a night-mare that evolved from a good dream about big bird and elmo on sesame street, and when I woke, I was pouring with sweat, only to look towards the bedroom wall and see a very thin hand with long narrow skinny fingers that looked as if it was covered in grey skin, going through. To this day I have not woken up again...or do not remember waking up, and so, either I'm in a comma somewhere else still living a dream, or aliens are real and they're alive and abducting people.
qwiksilva666

Post by qwiksilva666 »

thats sum heavy stuff there sun walka....ive had a vivid dream of being tied down and being experimented....felt real...but it was my sub-conscious playing tricks and making things up from past movies that ive watched
AMD PhenomII X4 955
M4N98TD-EVO
ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP
8GB Corsair XMS
Antec TP 750W
sun_walka

Post by sun_walka »

Yeah, that's bad enough, but you have absolutely no idea how it feels knowing there's a possibility that you could STILL be in that dream, or even worse, that dream could well be REAL LIFE!! 8O
qwiksilva666

Post by qwiksilva666 »

reminds me of the matrix....maybe the movie is hinting at something deeper?
AMD PhenomII X4 955
M4N98TD-EVO
ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP
8GB Corsair XMS
Antec TP 750W
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

have any of you ever had the experience where you wake up during the night and you can't move at all? you can't even speak or scream or anything, happened to me a few times, still creeps me out.

you guys should go looking for my 'The Cats Are Watching' thread, it's somewhere in the chillout relax section but it's very old.
StarPhoenix

Post by StarPhoenix »

Yes, I know what you're speaking about.....Kher....just a pity that there is a perfectly good biological reason for this..... :( I LIKE mysteries and conspiracies.....
qwiksilva666

Post by qwiksilva666 »

thats hapened to me b4....cant move..scream...in a dream though
AMD PhenomII X4 955
M4N98TD-EVO
ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP
8GB Corsair XMS
Antec TP 750W
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

I saw an alien.
When I was a really young kid, I saw all sorts of wierd lights, and thought nothing of it.

The result of these "sightings"... I can't sleep in pitch black surroundings. Jusat feel a presence there.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

I could never and still can't make myself believe that it isn’t true. There's just too much stuff going on about aliens that seem to make it to good to be false.

I remember about 9 years ago when I was 11, me and my friend where walking along the road on our farm when where suddenly blinded by this extremely bright light, almost like a giant flash... It was gone as soon as it happened and everything seemed normal again. Scared as hell we ran home and asked if anybody else saw it, but as it always go’s nobody did. Until this day I'm still not sure what really happened... but I certainly know that it was weird. I could have been my young mind playing games with me but somehow I don’t think so.

freaky...
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

many people claim to have witnessed the same phenomena that you just mentioned, i think my dad also saw something similar with a friend, or my uncle, can't remember.

space monkeys. did anyone here ever finish dues ex? man, the story behind the aliens was so freaky, the first time that i discovered that there were aliens was when i was standing on a transparent bridge looking at a labratory far below, i could see something lying on the table that looked like a grey, man it was freaky!
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

Ah another interesting debate! Conspiricy Theory:

Here's my (Somewhat Scientific) POV:
1. Aliens
THHGTTG wrote:The Universe is big, REALLY BIG! You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindboggingly big it is.
Lets start here->(insert picture of earth)
THHGTTG wrote:Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfasionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at roughly 90 million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet who's ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.
That quote from HGTTG states it best:
We are simply a little planet orbiting a small sun somewhere in a big sea of stars.
The milky way galaxy is about 100 000 light years wide, And contains about 100 billion stars.
Then our galaxy is just part of a galaxy cluster called the local group, which contains other galaxies like andromeda, M31, M33, etc.
This local group is about 10 – 15 million light years wide.
It is estamated that there are 100 Billion Galaxies in the universe containing roughly 1 billion trillion stars (rounded to the nearest Billion :wink:

Now if 1 in a million stars had planets, this leaves a million trillion stars with planets.
Then, if 1 in a million of these planets were inhabitable, we are left with a trillion inhabitible planets.
If then 1 in a million of these planets had life, and another 1 in a million of these had intelligent life, we are still left with a million planets supporting intelligent life.

We can therefore conclude that it is virtually impossible for life to NOT exists somewhere else too. (or at least have existed in the 15 billion year history of the universe)

If we however narrow this rather broad definition of extraterestrial life to Intelligent life, capable of visiting other planets and galaxies even. (A Definition not even the human race is part of, since we aren't capable of visiting other planets yet), then it narrows the field down a bit.
However, there is still all that space and time out there for these Aliens to be.
Now, if we try and narrow the field down even more by only looking at the intelligent, intergallactic traveling, Aliens who are either so advanced, or so bored that they spend their time abducting and doing experiments on Humans, we may be left with only a handfull of civilizations through the history of space and time, but it is possible that we may still have thousands of them in our universe.

Thing is, just like religion, there is no SURE way of knowing. At least not untill we actually make undeniable contact with such an alien race.

As for the rest of the conspiracy theory:
Why is all this CT based in America? Just around the American Government, the CIA, FBI, etc.
Why don’t the Russians (who are in general FAR FAR more intelligent than the americans) bother with all these cover ups, etc.
My oppinion is that the Americans, being as stupid and lazy as they are, simply have not got enough to keep them busy with, so they waste their time wondering
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

good post Kronos, i was just about to whip the book out myself.

fact remains that there is a way larger chance that life does exist than the chance that it doesn't. there might even be life in our own solar system that is not from our planet.

*there's even a debate going on that there might be life (although not intelligent) as close as Washington DC*
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

the question is not do we believe in aliens but do alien believe in us? :wink:

my 2c worth yes they are out there...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
sun_walka

Post by sun_walka »

Hey Mothman, funny you should join us in this thread, considering the avie and the title :lol: ;)

Well, just wanted to ask, does anyone remember that show "Sightings" and the other one "UFO diaries" ? Now those were the shizzle, recorded the whole season of "UFO Diaries" on tape, but my big brother came and wiped over them with things like soccer and elections and documentaries and shyte. :(
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

I R an alien... or maybe not... but i do like probing other things...:wink:
Tiza

Post by Tiza »

I bellive in aliens because once I saw a movie called Aliens I that night I dreamed that they were real.

The universe is very big and we are not alone...
I am a guy so please people stop sending me these shady pm's and start playing computer games or bodybuilding. Forums aren't a good place to get chicks the gym is...
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

wit_skapie wrote:I R an alien... or maybe not... but i do like probing other things...:wink:
maybe u shld be the jester :roll: :lol:
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.