The Series Thread

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
naughty

Re: The Series Thread

Post by naughty »

how is this anything other than celebrating/justifying the actions of a delusional psychopath?
come guy ..... its just a TV show and its only meant to be entertainment (which is usually a mindless pastime anyway)

but what do i know - i find "penguins of madagascar" to be entertaining too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
Molean

Post by Molean »

Stuart wrote:
Molean wrote:Will wait and see if "The Arrow" continues with a second season before viewing it.
I really doubt that Arrow will be cancelled after Season 1.
I am very wary of a first season of any new series no matter how "good" they are as I have seen plenty shows being cancelled. So I usually wait until a second season has been announced before viewing it, as not to be disappointed, which I have been, on more than one occasion by previous programs.
i7 2600K|Zalman CNPS9900Max Red|8GB Corsair Vengance|Asus Maximus Gene-Z|MSI GTX660Ti PE OC|
|OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD|SG: 1.5TB+2TB+3TB|Samsung 2494HS|CM 850W Pro Silent PSU|CM690II
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

rustypup wrote:so if you're *not* on the list, killing you doesn't count?.. :lol:
Using lethal force to defend yourself and others? Call me crazy, but I'm oddly okay with that.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Molean wrote:
Stuart wrote:
Molean wrote:Will wait and see if "The Arrow" continues with a second season before viewing it.
I am very wary of a first season of any new series no matter how "good" they are as I have seen plenty shows being cancelled. So I usually wait until a second season has been announced before viewing it, as not to be disappointed, which I have been, on more than one occasion by previous programs.
Smallville lasted ten seasons. I reckon it's a pretty safe bet to say that Arrow will last two.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Stuart wrote:Using lethal force to defend yourself and others? Call me crazy, but I'm oddly okay with that.
let's be clear here, insane man sneaking around in the shadows with a bow shoots people who aren't even aware he is there and then shoots some more people who naturally attempt to stop him is stretching the definition of "defending yourself and others" somewhat...

in fact, in order forego all this " self defense", all he has to do is put the weapon down and get some counselling...

celebrating horrible fiction and mental illness is a new fad?
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
naughty

Post by naughty »

fiction
operative word :P
insane man sneaking around in the shadows with a bow shoots people who aren't even aware he is there and then shoots some more people who naturally attempt to stop him is stretching the definition of "defending yourself and others" somewhat.
you are totally missing the fact that most are shooting at him when they do realize that he is there ..... so should he give them the satisfaction of just taking a bullet and die instead of shooting back and killing the guys who shoot at him instead ..... that would be more insane :lol:
insane man
come sir .... if your father was a billionaire because he was a criminal and your own mother was part of a conspiracy to destroy and sink a boat that you were taking a holiday cruise in, thereby killing you as well as the abovementioned father then what do you think that you would you land up being :wink:
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

rustypup wrote:insane man
I think it's something of a foregone conclusion that both Green Arrow and Batman are insane characters. You have to be a little mentally unstable to dress up like a bat or Robin Hood and go around as a vigilante crime fighter.

As you correctly note, however, it's fiction. Calm discussion around the negotiating table doesn't make for successful comic book fiction.
Molean

Post by Molean »

Stuart wrote:
Molean wrote:
Stuart wrote:
Smallville lasted ten seasons. I reckon it's a pretty safe bet to say that Arrow will last two.
And the day it gets announced for a second season I shall start watching it...hehe...
i7 2600K|Zalman CNPS9900Max Red|8GB Corsair Vengance|Asus Maximus Gene-Z|MSI GTX660Ti PE OC|
|OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD|SG: 1.5TB+2TB+3TB|Samsung 2494HS|CM 850W Pro Silent PSU|CM690II
naughty

Post by naughty »

Calm discussion around the negotiating table
do you really want to watch a TV series about that :P

well then is the next episode the one where you watch grass growing or paint drying :lol:
You have to be a little mentally unstable to dress up like a bat or Robin Hood and go around as a vigilante crime fighter.
yeah .... like this guy

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ros ... _blog.html
Molean

Post by Molean »

Started viewing "Suits" on the weekend and thoroughly enjoying it! The characters are cool, has an interesting style and a certain amount of suave.
naughty

Post by naughty »

Molean wrote:Started viewing "Suits" on the weekend and thoroughly enjoying it! The characters are cool, has an interesting style and a certain amount of suave.
yeah - forgot to mention that rusty would probably like that series - its got a lot of
:P :P :P - no bows and arrows to be seen anywhere :wink:
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

naughty wrote:
Molean wrote:Started viewing "Suits" on the weekend and thoroughly enjoying it! The characters are cool, has an interesting style and a certain amount of suave.
yeah - forgot to mention that rusty would probably like that series - its got a lot of
:P :P :P - no bows and arrows to be seen anywhere :wink:
But it's too unrealistic for him. A con guy holding down a job as an attorney? I'm sure he will have something scathing to say about it.

No, no, Glee is the only thing that gives rusty any lasting satisfaction.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

But they plug products in Glee - consumerism :shock:
naughty

Post by naughty »

A con guy holding down a job as an attorney?
arent all attorneys IRL all conmen anyway :P - seems pretty realistic to me :lol:

(just kidding, before some disgruntled lawyer decides to sue me)
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

naughty wrote: decides to sue me
Sounds like something a sex change surgeon would do to a guy named "Stu".
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

:slap:
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Bwahahahahahha
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Jared Gurman is a fan of AMC’s zombie drama The Walking Dead, but not the type of fan that AMC wants.

That’s because Gurman was arrested and charged with attempted murder in Long Island, after reportedly shooting his girlfriend in the back, with a .22 caliber rifle during an extended, heated argument about whether The Walking Dead, which isn’t real, could actually come true and turn us all into brainless bottom-feeders.

Read more
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Guess he proved that it could - well he proved the mindless bottom-feeder part anyway
Molean

Post by Molean »

I had such an amazing Zombie dream last night where I was part of the group in The Walking Dead...man it was awesome! and quite hairaising too, taking a zombie one on one is no easy feat, especially with more venturing towards you...
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

/OT see The Walking Dead won game of the year on VGAs
Molean

Post by Molean »

Holy Heck! The Finale of Dexter was INCREDIBLE! Possibly one of the best episodes evar! Just one more season to go, go, gooooo...
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Anyone here watched Being Human UK and/or US :?:

Any recommendations as to which one is better?
Molean

Post by Molean »

hamin_aus wrote:Anyone here watched Being Human UK and/or US :?:

Any recommendations as to which one is better?
I don't like either or...
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Only watched the UK one - and only a few episodes. Can't remember what it is like to be honest