Super 12 Discussion

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.

Which Super 12 team do you support?

Bulls
30%
Cats
16%
Sharks
23%
Stormers
27%
Other (Then you're not South African ;-) )
5%

Total votes: 44

lancelot

Post by lancelot »

VoodooProphetII :lol: I would not say that played 'dirty' intentionally. Barry was his usual self, just like Butch James, it was like they played stupidly. As for Clyde Rathbone, he is the only decent player that they have, remember that he was very poorly treated by SARFU, for political reasons mainly. I wish he never left.
I also get cross though, have calmed down a bit now, I too dislike uncalled for and inane comments. Make comments by all means but not for the sake of displaying ones lack of Rugby knowledge.
Law

Post by Law »

VoodooProphetII wrote:
Law wrote:I must say the brumbies game was rather dirty. The stormers... what can i say they were even lucky to get a bonus point. They got a lucky try when the ref didn't go upstairs to the tmo. and barry should of got a red card for his late and high tackle on rathbone. even after he had got a yellow card. Hopefully they cite him. The stormers tactic just seemed to be play dirty.

Brumbies 22 stormers 19
Well ****, I'll play dirty as well if I was playing against 16 men with 14 men. And let him tackle that **** zit face rathbone....I could not care less.

Well done Stormers...
No offense VP but u seem to lack rugby knowledge. firstly you only have 15 player per side so if there was a sixteenth it would of been the ref on the stormers side. And when Barry did his high tackle on Rathbone There were 15 stormers on the field at the time. barry had just come back on aftre he intentionally tripped a brumbies player running foward and after the stormers had 3 warnings for high tackles.

Dont worry VoodooProphetII some people are born without legs

MAY THE CHEESE BE WITH YOU!
{PK} Law
VoodooProphetII

Post by VoodooProphetII »

And then you get some idiots making fun of them.... Go look at the game agian, and then come and talk to me. Time is a relative issue, and 14 players they were for 20 minutes. The same rules were not applied to both sides, which is why for some reason Barry got away with the high tackle..... If I was talking about that instance I alone I would have said so, but I did not.....or do you seem to read things others can't see?

And Lance, I see and hear what you say.... But sorry I do get pissed off at times, specially South Africans against South Africa. Yup it's **** the politics in sports these days, but the ***** goes beyond just politics and that's why sport has become what it is today...I'm talking about money. There's overseas SA players I'll cheer, and one is Kevin Petersen, but that's another story all together.

So sorry if I said things that could have stayed.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

No need to apologise voodoo, you may say what you like, that is your perogative, if people take offense, tough! This is an open forum and all opinions are needed.
You are right about the money though!
Law

Post by Law »

If you get a knife and cut off your own hand does that mean you should try to cut off other peoples heads???

The stormers have no one to blame for the yellow cards but themselves. The brumbies were not high tackling themselves. If they played clean they would have 15 players for 80 mins.

{PK} Law
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Keo's site!

Why the Stormers lost
March 11, 2005
The Stormers have only themselves to blame for their agonising three-point defeat in Canberra, writes Simon Borchardt.

We at keo.co.za firmly believe the Stormers can win the Super 12 this year, but champion teams cannot make the kind of mistakes the Cape franchise made on Friday. Here's where the Stormers slipped up:

TERRIBLE TACKLING
The Stormers were penalised for making two high tackles in the first two minutes of the match. De Wet Barry, having been yellow carded for a deliberate foot trip, then nailed Clyde Rathbone in the throat. The Bok centre should have been red carded and deserves to be cited by the Brumbies. Werner Greeff was also given a yellow card for a high tackle midway through the second half.
There were too many missed tackles from the Stormers. Henari Veratau's try on the 15-minute mark came after Stephen Larkham brushed off Werner Greeff and Pieter Dixon, while Gaffie du Toit missed Radike Samo in the 28th minute.

BOOTING AWAY BALL
The Brumbies had six line-out throws in the first seven minutes, as the Stormers, under pressure, kicked the ball into touch. Why didn't they hold on to possession and work their way up field?

DODGY DEFENCE
Ben Batger's try just before the break came after Jean de Villiers rushed up in defence. Not very clever.

**** CATCHING
Why are South Africans so poor under the high ball? De Villiers spilt a Larkham up and under early in the game, while Marius Joubert didn't even get close to one a few minutes later. Maybe the Aussies can give our guys a few lessons.

MOMENTS OF MADNESS
Putting a free kick directly into touch is something a high school player would do. The Brumbies were gifted a line-out on the Stormers 22m from which Gregan kicked a drop goal.
De Villiers also should have scored when Breyton Paulse sent him away early in the second half. It was a good covering tackle that knocked the ball out of Jean's hands, but a player of his class should have applied downward pressure.

TOO MANY TURNOVERS
With seven minutes to go in the first half and the home side leading 12-7, the Stormers poached Brumbies line-out ball only to turn over possession. A minute later the Stormers were awarded a penalty, which Barry took quickly. The centre found himself isolated, threw a rubbish pass and gave the ball back to the Brumbies. A team can't afford to make two turnovers in two minutes.

GOAL-KICKING
If you had to pick someone to kick for your life and you went with Gaffie du Toit, you'd be dead before half-time. A 50% success rate is just not good enough.

B-TEAM BRUMBIES
The Brumbies were missing key players in Stirling Mortlock and Matt Giteau, Gregan only came on at half-time, while Rathbone spent most of the match on the sidelines. And the Stormers still couldn't win.

And now for the positives...

- Breyton Paulse had another blinder. He saved the Stormers in the first half when a Brumbies kick bounced into no-mans land, and starred again just before half-time when some deft stepping saw him beat five Brumbies defenders. What a man.
- The Stormers played 20 minutes with 14 men and almost won.
- Only a knock on prevented De Villiers from scoring a hat trick against the Super 12 champs. It's time Gert Smal gave him a go at flyhalf.
- Schalk Burger showed glimpses of his 2004 form.
- Quinton Davids may not have made it at Test level, but he remains a top-class Super 12 performer. Lardy made a couple barn-storming runs that kept the Stormers on the front foot.
- De Wet Barry wasn't red carded.
- The Stormers outscored the Brumbies by two tries to one in the second half.

Scorers:
Brumbies - Try: Henari Veratau, Radike Samo, Ben Batger. Conversion: Stephen Larkham. Drop goal: George Gregan.
Stormers - Try: Jean de Villiers, Eddie Andrews. Conversion: Gaffie du Toit.

Posted by simon at March 11, 2005 02:30 PM

Comments
Hak hak hak ons rugby is ****.

Up to the Sharks to save the day...

Simon, any word if Barry managed to steal a lock of Smith's hair? apparently they have a competition going on who can pull a bit of his hair out. Although it would seem it has now changed to Rathborne's head from the looks of it.

Lovely mature bunch, and yet we hang our personal hapiness on this group of kids.

bring on curling....

Posted by: Bertus at March 11, 2005 01:01 PM

if only de villiers could have stayed on his feet to score that 1st half try perfectly set up... tisk tisk tisk

Posted by: Beck at March 11, 2005 01:04 PM

**** - the only reason we lost - they were **** !

Can't believe we need to rely on the sharks or the cats for a saffa win this weekend - Go sharks & cats

Posted by: Ig at March 11, 2005 01:05 PM

We need lots more polish in the loose ...and thuis was brumbies minus Sterling Giteau Gerrard,Clyde for the most part.....

Posted by: Ajay at March 11, 2005 01:10 PM

Ig you negative bliksem. Believe my friend, believe...

Posted by: Veltie at March 11, 2005 01:11 PM

What a game !!!

Ok, it's correct about the kicking , i said it before ,let Chris come on and do the kicking. Move Gaffie to fullback. Than we have a good kicker and i think everybody know's that Chris can kick.

Paulse jou doring , this man is still good and i loved those sidesteps.

De Villiers played ok but that stupid mistake on the tryline.

Barry must get the boot for a game or two. We could have scored more tries but they guys made to much handling errors.

I still don't think Greeff is the man , he must be booted out aswell. Why did Gert waited so long to make changes ? we had so many good players on the bench again.

But we can only build on it.

Posted by: Andre at March 11, 2005 01:16 PM

I need to tell someone. I can't carry on supporting the SA teams I am going to have a heart attack.Our players seem to be to dumb and we do not have ANY good back line coaches.
What must I do as a supporter that has watched to many dumb games by SA teams I can't go on like this what must I do.

Posted by: rapman at March 11, 2005 01:16 PM

Hello Delusional Saffas,

Game plans and tactics can be taught. Basic skills like passing, catching, kicking and tackling can be taught. Regrettably, you cannot teach intelligence. Stupidity is permanent I am afraid. And my good grief there is a lot of stupidity in SA rugby. From the idiots who voted Brian Van Rooyen in, to the idiots that appointed the S12 coaches, to the idiots that coach, all the way to the bumbling fools who get overpaid to masquerade as players. It baffles me that any coach can see any valuable contribution Greef can make other than a head to head collision that may hopefully take out an opponent by error. He truly is that shocking. To leave out a black wing with the talent of TC is madness, especially when Gaffie could play fullback and the magician Jean dV could be in the most influential position on the filed at flyhalf. He is wasted on the wing. Unless De Wet and MJ get brain transplants, they will always run the risk of being sent off for their Butch James tackles. Mindblowingly stupid. But their stupidity added together is nowhere near as close to the complete and utter lack of brain cells possessed by Greef.

Posted by: The Lord at March 11, 2005 01:17 PM

Well done you pussies from the cape, you bunch of lossers didnt think that the stormers really had a chance, you have been brain washed by the tripe that KEO writes in his columns.

Barry and Schalk should have been red carded for repeated offences, you are just lucky that the ref was a bit bias towards u guys, otherwise the scoreline would have been allot higher for the brumbies.

You guys are the Hypocrites of SA rugby, how many times have you cried about dirty rugby tactics, and what a bunch of angels you have playing rugby in WP. Today the Stormers intentionally played the man without the ball and where extreamly dirty. This must have been the coaches call, Not all 15 people in the game can intentionally play so dirty without it being part of the game plan. Dewet barry deserved to be booed. I hope u tossers never complain about dirty play against your beloved stormers, u deserve it.

Well done Brumbies

Posted by: fk_ko at March 11, 2005 01:22 PM

Heres a question, maybe someone out there can shed some light:
Flyhalf has been problematic for a few teams this year. Also, we have a number of brilliant players out there who are either not being used to their potential, or are battling to find a starting berth, examples: Russel, DeVilliers, Conradie, Tsimba. Do these players consider adding a few strings to their bows ( ie place kicking for example ) and practicing an extra 3 hours a day every day. Bring in an expert ( Naas, Stransky ) to coach them again and again on getting the ball through the poles. Any of the above players would make themselves irreplaceable in the run on side ( for Russel read the Boks ) if they had a 75% strike rate at going for poles. Using Bolla as an example, him and deKock are always jostling to start. Do you think he considers improving his place kicking ( cos he is not too shabby I have heard ) to make himself indespensable? Imagine Bolla could kick for poles and get 80% over.... you could then play Jean 10, Gaff 15 and Chavanga 14.. Potent backline plus a secure goal kicker.

Same with Russel for Boks. If he was coached up to an 80%goal kicking state how coud JW ignore him in the run on side?

My question is, do the players think outside of the box themselves ( judging by the Bulls performance today NO ), and try to improve aspect of their game ( off season for eg ) or do they just follow the rest of the team and do as they're told?

Just looking for a few answers that might lead to some solutions.......h

Posted by: Blokkies at March 11, 2005 01:22 PM

The Lord

Well Said

Posted by: fk_ko at March 11, 2005 01:24 PM

Ah, that's one that got away. The Brumbies were there for the taking. Just made too many mistakes in scoring position. Two tries went begging in the first half, plus De Villiers one in the second. We should have won by at least ten points against pretty inexperienced opposition.
Jean De Villiers looked class every time he touched the ball though, he's wasted on the wing. Move him to flyhalf so that he can dictate play. If Gaffie moves to fullback we'll still have a big boot for clearing kicks.
They look like they're 90% of the way towards having a team who can win the comp, just missing that final ingredient.

Posted by: marlboro at March 11, 2005 01:26 PM

Now that I've calmed down, I'll comment.

What is it with these high and dangerous tackles-it's a disgrace. Sooner or later someone is going to get seriously injured. Barry should be cited for his high and dangerous tackle against Rathbone and suspended for at least four weeks. The amount of high tackles against the Brumbvies was appalling.

I have lost all respect for Barry after these high shots. He should have been red carded, not yellow carded. He also got away with a few.

Then there was that try! The ref was either too proud to go upstairs, or just plain thick. What a poor ruling that could have cost the Brumbies the game. The replay clearly showed Paul grounding the ball. What is it with these refs that don't go to the TMO and make monumental stuff-ups???

Posted by: Ian at March 11, 2005 01:27 PM

SA players are incapable of thinking out of the box - they are still wondering what box we talking about !

Posted by: Ig at March 11, 2005 01:27 PM

fk_ko you wouldn't happen to be a sour Bulls or Sharks supporter would you?

Posted by: marlboro at March 11, 2005 01:28 PM

andre

You are Delusional, change your coach, get rid of that Du... bottom you have at the moment, then u might stand a chance.

Posted by: fk_ko at March 11, 2005 01:29 PM

Lord it pains me to say this, and I can't stand the grating, irritating spin you put in things, but for crying out loud you speak the truth, bru.
No denying it okes, its hard to swallow the type of pill Drol shoves down our throats every day, but today we gotta accept that Drol is spot on...... Not saying I like it, but he's got a point.

Posted by: Blokkies at March 11, 2005 01:31 PM

Idiots,

The Stormers never at any stage had the victory in close grasp. Shocking refereeing in your favour and the Brumbies C team going for the bonus point 4th try left are rather flattering scoreline. Don't let your stupidity fool yourselves - the Brumbies had the victory wrapped up 30 mins into the game. Your time was ineffective.

Posted by: The Lord at March 11, 2005 01:34 PM

fk_ko - you remind me of a big popped boil. It has to be said.

Posted by: Pussycat at March 11, 2005 01:37 PM

You made your point Lord. Get off your high horse now before you fall off just like another (ex) high riding poepall we all know...

Posted by: Blokkies at March 11, 2005 01:37 PM

blokkies

I ask myself that question everyday, DO THE PLAYERS THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX. My conculsion after watching every single season of the super 12, year after year we hear the same tripe from the coaches, journos and players and every year we get the same dribble on TV. SA RUGBY PLAYERS AND COACHES ARE
...KING STUPID AND all the supporters that beleive the crap that they tell us.

Vote with your bums, DO NOT GO TO THE MATCHES, SHOW THE REST OF THE WORLD AND SA RUGBY THAT WE DO NOT EXCEPT THIS CRAP. SINK SA RUGBY, WE ARE THEIR LIFE BLOOD, LETS SHOW THEM WHO'S BOSS.

Posted by: fk_ko at March 11, 2005 01:37 PM

Don't flatter yourself, Ig. Your boundries don't streach far from the box.

Posted by: The Lord at March 11, 2005 01:37 PM

Told you it would be a long night for the Stormers.

Gert Smal is probably as bad, if not a worse, coach than Kevin Putt. Firstly with the boks he has stuffed up our scrum which used to be the best pack in the world and now at the stormers he has a full springbok backline that looked VERY ORDINARY against a very inexperienced Brumbies back line.

Posted by: Capeshark at March 11, 2005 01:38 PM

Blokkies,

Are you finding reality a little tough for your delusion to cope with?

Posted by: The Lord at March 11, 2005 01:39 PM

marlboro

close

Posted by: fk_ko at March 11, 2005 01:40 PM

I think Joe is getting back on form

Posted by: midknight at March 11, 2005 01:41 PM

It's ok , we not doing that bad over there. So when we come back we going to kick some asss !

You don't beat the Stormers that easy on there own turf !

So i will stand behind my team !

Stormers for life !!!

Posted by: Andre at March 11, 2005 01:42 PM

The only player in the stormers line up that has real class is breyton paulse

Schalk does not have a brain
Jean de villiers is to slow

The rest arent worth commenting on.

Posted by: fk_ko at March 11, 2005 01:45 PM

Midknight,

Big Joke was nothing more than wasted powder puff today. Schalk did more in 2 minutes than Big Joke did the entire game. I thought Luke Watson was far more effective than the new Nobby Skinstad.

Posted by: The Lord at March 11, 2005 01:47 PM

Stormers are still the best South African team in the supper 12 POINT !!!

We have the players but they don't produce. Silly mistakes. Couch that don't want to use the bench Kicker that can't kick.

Backline

Bolla
Chris
Paulse
Barry
De Villiers
Chavanga
Gaffie

Posted by: Andre at March 11, 2005 01:49 PM

The only delusions I suffer from are when I try and imagine England getting back into the top 5 teams on the world rankings befer the next RWC...

Posted by: Blokkies at March 11, 2005 01:51 PM

err... thats before the next world cup

Posted by: Blokkies at March 11, 2005 01:51 PM

Andre

You are probably right, but what a sad day for SA rugby

Posted by: fk_ko at March 11, 2005 01:52 PM

Andre

I also hate it when the couch doesn't use the bench!

Posted by: Blokkies at March 11, 2005 01:53 PM

Well the humiliation continues...sorry Drips from Cape Town, your rocket scientist Barry let you down again.
Have to agree with The Lard (I feel like I just kissed my own poopal)something is wrong with our rugby. Are our South African rugby professionals too pampered and overpaid...we all know they're overpaid, but are they soft and why...who is to blame? Wouldn't it just be ironic if my Sharkies actually win today.
The ************** are going to get a rep if they don't watch out..too much rondfokery with the 'Roids and fiddling with each other in the showers is not good for the rugby chaps.

Posted by: Predawn at March 11, 2005 01:55 PM

CAn't believe the Stormers lost to a Bumboys Reserve Grade team LOL!

Posted by: Neville at March 11, 2005 01:57 PM

But realy , it's stupid , you have all the players on the bench and you don't make use of them. I mean send them on in the second half and use the fresh legs.

Gaffie is good at lineout kicks but he's strugling with kicking at goal. So we need him as a full back for kicking for lineouts.

Maybe we must stop playing in the super 14 next year and only play CC lol

Posted by: Andre at March 11, 2005 01:57 PM

CapeShark

Well said, did you see him on TV before the game, he looked confused.

Did anybody listened to JDV interview afterwards,
"YOU CAN'T EXPECT TO WIN, WITH 14 MEN ON THE FIELD".
Did the pussies not realise this before they started playing dirty rugby, it was almost as if corne was back on the field(dirtist player to ever wear a SB jersy).

Posted by: fk_ko at March 11, 2005 01:57 PM

Predawn - less of the language please ! Mail me, i need you mail address you won a prize and if you don't claim it soon we gonna dop it here at keo.co.za

Posted by: Ig at March 11, 2005 01:59 PM

I got e-maile from The Lord that he has been blocked to posting comments. Regtig, hierdie Ig are a very sensitive fokker!!

Posted by: DikBeck at March 11, 2005 02:03 PM

South African rugby fans are really a funny bunch. You guys are all doom and gloom, but if the Sharks win tonight most of you will be plastered in Tiger Tiger at 4am tomorrow morning telling anyone who'll listen that your teams turned the corner and they'll win the whole comp. So the Stormers lost one game (away - remember the Crusaders also lost in Canberra, I don't think all their fans were ready to commit the old Arri Kirri)If they win just one of the next two before they come back to CT they'll be in the semi's.
Predawn I hope you boys in Durbs have the vaseline ready for this evenings violation - If the Stormers are from Gay Town, why is it that the Sharks are the ones always getting pumped.

Posted by: marlboro at March 11, 2005 02:08 PM

Lord,

Regarding, your first post, I can't believe this, but for a change I have to agree with you there.

Brainless.

Didn't Greef do the exact same thing last year?

Seems that since Japie Mulder took out Barry a couple of years ago he can't think anymore.

You can't expect tho win a game playing only 60mins with a full team.

Posted by: Red Card at March 11, 2005 02:14 PM

Well it says something that we are holding out hope that the Sharks and Cats can salvage something from this round for SA!

Can anyone out there objectively justify Werner Greeff's place in that side? The guy is a plodder, every time I've seen him he's done absolutely nothing except give away possession and penalties (and I didn't see todays game!). Time to boot him once and for all, he is a liability. De Wet Barry I rate you as a player but you are one dumbass fool. Aussie teams are NOT intimidated by that kind of foul play, they are inspired by it. Big Joe, sounds like you were quiet again - you're out of my fantasy league side a week too late! Time for the rotation policy in the back-row to come into effect!

Still on the positive side, a bonus point against the Brumbies in Canberra is not to be sniffed at so we shouldn't be too downhearted. The final two games on tour are winnable ones (no really!)

Posted by: Jonny at March 11, 2005 02:15 PM

Dikbek - i wouldn't bother banning the Lord - he worth to many hits as he rials you muppits up

Posted by: Ig at March 11, 2005 02:16 PM

Marlboro,

So is this what ad agency employees do when there aren't any deadlines to be met?

hehehe

Posted by: Red Card at March 11, 2005 02:16 PM

Well what can be say...

Stormers B team just pipped by the Brumbies ...

I think old gert knew this would be a tough call because the aussie crowd are notorious for influencing the ref.

Rather take it easy and play the B team, leave gerrie and chris rossouw, chavanga etc for the next two games.

easy peasy, 2 and a half wins from 4 on tour and 13 points in total. Cant fault gerts thinking.

Posted by: Nancy at March 11, 2005 02:17 PM

Not a great start to the weekend...

JW said that the Bulls won't do well in the S12 if they play the same way as the do during the CC, looks like he was right. They might do ok at home with 30 000 Loftus faithfuls but doesn't look like they'll win many games away from home. E Botha will never play for the Boks if he plays like that and his performance justifies why JW didn't pick him for the end of year tour.
And JvN and Greef better pull finger if they want to play for the Boks this year. And as for Barry...he's about as sharp as a cucumber! There was no need for that!! Now he'll miss half the S12! Could this be JdV big chance to show what he can do at 12...hope so!!
Lets just hope the Sharks can pull off a win tonight!!

Posted by: Brad DK at March 11, 2005 02:17 PM

I think Werner Greef played a solid game today. He was musch better than Marius Joubert at least. He found touch as well. Somebody will really have to sit Gaffie down and explain to him the advantages of kicking the ball out.

CHeers

Posted by: Methos at March 11, 2005 02:19 PM

Stormers can still win over seas. So i am not going to worry to much. When they get back we going to show the world what we can do in Cape Town. They still have to prove them selfs over there and i am sure they can pull off a win over seas.

Posted by: Andre at March 11, 2005 02:22 PM

Bottom line is the Stormers deserved to lose this game against a Bumboys B rated Reserve Grade side. Look at the Bumboys outside backs after Barry thugged Rathbone out of the game:

Norton Knight
Batcha (or whatever his name was)
Veeratau
Wilson
Beckett

Stormers lost to a bunch of no name clowns.

Posted by: Neville at March 11, 2005 02:28 PM

Fair enough Andre,

They might do much better is Cape Town, but to play a semi and a final in Cape Town they need to win their next two matches over there and rely on the Sharks and Cats to beat the Brumbies in SA.

The Bulls will also have to improve and knock over a few of the top sides.

I fear this scenario is a little far fetched.

Posted by: Red Card at March 11, 2005 02:28 PM

Thanks Methos, like I say I didn't see the match. I was generalising out of frustration at him getting sinbinned at a crucial phase in the game! Anyways does being better than MJ mean he was any GOOD!!?

Posted by: Jonny at March 11, 2005 02:29 PM

Yes Brad DK it could be a blessing in disguise when (not if) Barry is banned. I'd play this backline for every game from now, stuff rotation!

9. Bolla
10. Roussouw
11. Chavhanga
12. de Villiers
13. Joubert
14. Paulse
15. du Toit

Posted by: Jonny at March 11, 2005 02:33 PM

The biggest poephol is Gert. How can you field a team without a recognised flyhalf - buy one plse ..... Playing JdV at flyhalf - why risk it, he's an inside center??? Then sticking to his ***** batmen like Werner, Gaffie and Dixon (family by marriage) - laughable. Get an flyhalf - play the best of JdV, DB and MJ at center and Gaffie at fullback. Problem solved ... I wouldn't even choose WG for any decient club side (if there is such a thing).

Posted by: Benchrest at March 11, 2005 02:42 PM

Red Card

Lets hope they can pull of two wins over there. I hope they can than we making it so much easier for ourself when we get back.

But still i would love to see the backline change for the next two games.

Posted by: Andre at March 11, 2005 02:42 PM

watson and burger were working a lot better. joe is still out of sight. lets give them more time. the bulls loosies were nowhere at all. jake work with these to youngsters and develop something special. watson was very impressive in the first half and schalk got going in the second half.

Posted by: garywp at March 11, 2005 02:43 PM

They must never allow a coach more than 2 or three seasons with a S12 team without a semi-final or final record. Sack the ***** - they are mindless amatures stealing our money and causing heartache and marriage problems ...

Posted by: Benchrest at March 11, 2005 02:45 PM

Benchrest

Good idea , lets move on , get new coaches every 3 years

Posted by: Andre at March 11, 2005 03:02 PM
Hill

Post by Hill »

Why doesn't KZN hold a fund raiser to buy PUTT a one way ticket to Australia or New Zealand.
Regards
Hill
Law

Post by Law »

having kruger at 10 and butch at 12 may just be the conbination the sharks need. We will see tonight

{PK} Law
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

As long as he stays off the drugs!
VoodooProphetII

Post by VoodooProphetII »

Well then the Stormers might have deserved to loose, but I'll stand by my team all the way. And I say again.... 19 - 21 is better than some of the other scores I've seen, but still I'm all the way behind all our SA teams in the Super 12.

Go Stormers, Sharks, Bulls and Cats......
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

I could not agree more! I support the Stormers and all the SA teams in the Super12! But most of all the Stormers.
Law

Post by Law »

lancelot wrote:As long as he stays off the drugs!
:D

I hope he learnt his lesson

{PK} Law
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Me too Law, just like Dawid Britz down here, I heard on the news this am that his B sample was also positive. I do not know what gets into them!
Law

Post by Law »

It just the basic urge of wnting to be the best. Some people are willing to do anything.

{PK} Law
Soul-Fusion

Post by Soul-Fusion »

First of all, I support da Sharks.

Last nights game was very dissapointing, we did'nt deserve to win but could have if old Henno didn't boot da ball in the last minute.

Anyway my point is that our SA teams just dont measure up 2 the aussie and NZ teams. They just have so much class, flair, speed and skill. Our poor boys just don't really have a chance. We are looking to da cats to save another embarrasing weekend for SA rugby whereas we should be looking to the cats to complete a whitewash of SA team wins. We still have sum way 2 go before we have any hope of an SA team holding the super 12 trophy. Its unfortuate but true.
Hill

Post by Hill »

I have just finished watching the Cats game. Something I noticed is that we had 3 times the handling errors that they had. Whats up with that. One would think that professional players would have the most basic of skills.
Regards
Hill
J2theT
Permanently Banned

Post by J2theT »

me = sharks supporter....
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Me=Too!! But now SA rugby is so Bleh!!!!
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

a problem with all our teams(maybe with the exeption of the stormers at times) Is out 1st time tackles

Whenever a player breaks the line its almost garuanteed that he gonna score....

But after watching all our teams games this weekend i have to say again BLOODY REFS!!!!!

Some of them dont understand the rules of rugby...
I was watching the Sharks game and that ref was the WORST

Shark get the advantage and start playing the ball wide, Ref shouts out 'ADVANTAGE OVER'. But they are still like 10m away from the advantage line, HOW THE HELL!!!!

And there were many bad ref desicions this weekend
Hey im not saying we lost because of this, We suck so we cant win, But this has been a problem with the Super12 since its started,

Maybe there should only be Nothern Hemisphere refs reffing the games , i dunno...
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

remeber the joke about south africa's defense being visible from space, i think you can apply that to the sharks after the last game, we have no defense no offense and as soon as something starts going our way the players either fumble the ball, kick it out or are trying to play "hero" by not passing it to other players its no wonder we lose so often.... speaking of the sharks game did any1 else see the number 6 player of the stormers(think it was stormers) biting our shark guy? i wonder whats going to happen to him? it shows the ref wasent watching the game that well :roll:
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

he will be cited!!!!

Congrats Bulle!!! We(Sa teams) actually won a game
Law

Post by Law »

I must say i dont know how the sharks got drilled the way they did. A professional team should not lose like that. As they say you got to ask yourself are the players good enough to be in the side? And if so it has to be a management problem.

FLip it pisses me off to see an SA team lose so bad.

O well. At least the brumbies won

{PK} Law
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

All I can say is, 'Thank goodness for the Bulls!' I was wondering if any SA team was capable of a win against the overseas opposition this season?

@ Anakha56
speaking of the sharks game did any1 else see the number 6 player of the stormers(think it was stormers) biting our shark guy?
Stormers are in NZ now, long distance bite? Thought only a Shark could do that. It is people like you what causes the turmoiul we are in, Stormers indeed! :roll:
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

i dont know me not a big fan but i remeber seeing some guy bite a poor sharks player when he was on the ground, so who was it so i can edit the post and set score straight so to speak :lol:

It was the HIGHLANDERS game! Lancelot
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

Thinkest thou this bodes ill for the rest of our rugby this year?
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot