Moon Landings: Real or Hoax?

A place to talk about more serious topics such as politics, society and current events.
Forum rules
Please read the discussion section rules before posting in here. By posting in this section, you acknowledge to have read and understood them, and agree to abide by them at all times.

Of course, the global forum rules apply here too.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Re: Did the Americans land on the moon?

Post by Stuart »

QBM wrote:WTF? Silly South Africans. Hopefully Moses will lead you idiots out of the desert...........
Yes, then you can follow us through the Red Sea! :twisted:
QBM

Post by QBM »

Stuart wrote:
QBM wrote:WTF? Silly South Africans. Hopefully Moses will lead you idiots out of the desert...........
First it wasn't the red sea. Second if you are already in the desert its too late for that. Now go read a book or something so you will know these things before you hit enter in the future..............
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

QBM wrote:
Stuart wrote:
First it wasn't the red sea. Second if you are already in the desert its too late for that. Now go read a book or something so you will know these things before you hit enter in the future..............
Oooh, okay. Can you recommend something? Something on the level of The Cat in the Hat ... nice and simple for me.

And as long as there's enough water to drown an entire army, it doesn't matter what sea it is.
QBM

Post by QBM »

Stuart wrote:
Oooh, okay. Can you recommend something? Something on the level of The Cat in the Hat ... nice and simple for me.

And as long as there's enough water to drown an entire army, it doesn't matter what sea it is.[/quote]

There are probably some here that will think you are being sarcastic however I have no doubt based on your logic in this thread you are serious. I really can't help you though but I'm sure there is a childrens edition Torah for you out there somewhere.

and yes it does matter.It shows one of the biggest problems with christianity in that people repeat what they are told rather than reading and researching for themselves. Well that and its a big crock of ****.......
naughty

Post by naughty »

whoa there big boy ...... ever heard of POT .....KETTLE ...... BLACK
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
QBM

Post by QBM »

naughty wrote:

whoa there big boy ...... ever heard of POT .....KETTLE ...... BLACK
Yes. It is a poorly understood and extremely overused phrase that has no relevance to what I posted.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

We are not talking about the Americans on the moon anymore are we. :lol:

Far too lazy to page back :P
QBM

Post by QBM »

Tribble wrote:We are not talking about the Americans on the moon anymore are we. :lol:

No....I think Moses wrapped that up..........
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Welcome Back old man! :D :P
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
QBM

Post by QBM »

Anakha56 wrote:
Welcome Back old man! :D :P
8) thanks
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

QBM wrote:blah, blah, blah
Okay, if you want to be technical, Moses will be dead when we are led out of the wilderness, so we shall have to find a Joshua somewhere. I'll begin the search if you like. ;)
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

QBM wrote:
Tribble wrote:We are not talking about the Americans on the moon anymore are we. :lol:

No....I think Moses wrapped that up..........
Has just forced me to go and watch a whole bunch of mythbuster vids. And page back :lol:
QBM

Post by QBM »

Stuart wrote:
QBM wrote:blah, blah, blah
Okay, if you want to be technical, Moses will be dead when we are led out of the wilderness, so we shall have to find a Joshua somewhere. I'll begin the search if you like. ;)
I have no doubt trying to educate you idiots will eventually kill moses. Most of you won't make it either from what I've seen. Every time I visit this forum people seem to be less in touch with reality ....and dare I say collectively dumber.

Find your Joshua? Hey whatever keeps you from posting stupid ****.
QBM

Post by QBM »

Stuart wrote:Okay, I KNOW that this is gonna earn me a flaming, but this is just a to-think-about-moment for DAE.

Did you know, Mr. Venter, that Buzz Aldrin was a devoted Christian? This then means that, if it was a hoax, he--a committed Christian--has deliberately held onto the lie ever since it happened (or didn't happen). Sound like something a Christian would do?
Absofuckinlutely it sounds like something a Christian would do. They are world famous for it. Hell they have been keeping one lie going for over 2000 years. Christians lie everyday. What would make Buzz any different? He should probably turn the other cheek too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOo6aHSY8hU

Christians' usual excuse for lies is "the greater good". Given the space/arms race/ politics of the time it would certainly fit.

Having said that of course America went to the moon. We f'n rock. When you guys stop raping virgins to cure aids and using invisibity potions to rob folks maybe you can accomplish something similar.
Last edited by QBM on 07 Sep 2008, 09:26, edited 2 times in total.
QBM

Post by QBM »

maxxis wrote:*runs and gets the popcorn :D

Why havn't they gone back and setup a little base on the moon. Surely technology has advanced enough in the last 40 years to make it possible.
\
USA went six times. Why would we want to build a moon base? The only thing the moon is useful for is H3 and a launch pad to other places. We don't have the tech to mine H3 and using it as a pad is somewhat akin to going around your elbow to get to your bottom. However there are plans for additional moon landings.

The only purpose for going:
"Everything we do ought to really be tied in to getting on to the moon ahead of the Russians [...] otherwise we shouldn't be spending that kind of money, because I'm not interested in space [...] The only justification for [the cost] is because we hope to beat [the USSR] to demonstrate that instead of being behind by a couple of years, by God, we passed them" - JFK

....and LOL....I can't change my avatar....wonder why? :twisted:
markman

Post by markman »

QBM wrote:
Stuart wrote:Okay, I KNOW that this is gonna earn me a flaming, but this is just a to-think-about-moment for DAE.

Did you know, Mr. Venter, that Buzz Aldrin was a devoted Christian? This then means that, if it was a hoax, he--a committed Christian--has deliberately held onto the lie ever since it happened (or didn't happen). Sound like something a Christian would do?
Absofuckinlutely it sounds like something a Christian would do. They are world famous for it. Hell they have been keeping one lie going for over 2000 years. Christians lie everyday. What would make Buzz any different? He should probably turn the other cheek too:

Christians' usual excuse for lies is "the greater good". Given the space/arms race/ politics of the time it would certainly fit.

Having said that of course America went to the moon. We f'n rock. When you guys stop raping virgins to cure aids and using invisibity potions to rob folks maybe you can accomplish something similar.
Please define....
QBM

Post by QBM »

markman wrote:
QBM wrote:

Please define....
http://www.scienceinafrica.co.za/2002/april/virgin.htm
http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Afri ... 88,00.html

maybe that will help ya....pay close attention to the country mentioned in the articles.
Ike

Post by Ike »

QBM wrote:
markman wrote:
QBM wrote:

Please define....
http://www.scienceinafrica.co.za/2002/april/virgin.htm
http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Afri ... 88,00.html

maybe that will help ya....pay close attention to the country mentioned in the articles.

Ahahaha, now I know where the term stupid american white trash originates from XD YOU! :lol:
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

Enough of this.

There are threads already existing to debate Christianity; this thread is NOT the place for it.

And if you guys can't have a civilized discussion without swearing or throwing insults around, you'll get to know the darker side of me pretty quickly. Trust me, you don't want to.
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
Ike

Post by Ike »

awww wonny :P
Prime

Post by Prime »

jamin_za wrote:
Prime wrote:That was a comment about what you can see on google earth. I know what a sam is and isn't, thank you very much.
So some people still need to be told about google earth... Who are these people, I want to sell them bridges.
There are many places you can't see on google earth.

http://www.itsecurity.com/features/51-t ... ps-071508/

It's not a tool any self-respecting organization would rely on. Especially not one tasked to ensure that nuclear weapons do not fall into the wrong hands.
Since you appear to be an authority on this subject, please tell me why the IAEA cant just ask the US if it cant use all of their spy satellites.
:roll: Does that list have any reference to Iraq other than a hotel there supposedly being censored? It would seems the only locations blurred out are those speoifically requested due to matters of "National Security" And frankly if someone is overlaying the images, then the originals exist and the relevent body can probably still get access to them. :wink:

Ultimately what you can do with the program depends on what you want to use it for :wink:
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Ron2K wrote:Enough of this.

There are threads already existing to debate Christianity; this thread is NOT the place for it.

And if you guys can't have a civilized discussion without swearing or throwing insults around, you'll get to know the darker side of me pretty quickly. Trust me, you don't want to.
Well, in all fairness Ron, it's not "you guys" who are throwing insults and swearing; it's QBM.
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

America:

0.000001% NASA
99.9% McDonalds

**** yeah!

Unfortunately the people that work at McDonalds somehow think they're as clever as the few NAZI scientists that helped them get to the moon.

But please come visit. I need to cure my AIDS and you seem like someone who would be able to help me out. :wink:
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
QBM

Post by QBM »

Ron2K wrote:Enough of this.

Is it really possible to have a civil dicussion on this topic. I mean look at some of the responses and logic used. Look at the percentage of posters on this board who despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary believe there was no moon landing. Why? Mostly because the US did it. People who have absolutely no knowledge of the period and don't care to. Why? Because the US did it.

I was not debating Christianity just the use of it as logic in this topic..
QBM

Post by QBM »

Hex_Rated wrote:America:

0.000001% NASA
99.9% McDonalds

**** yeah!

Unfortunately the people that work at McDonalds somehow think they're as clever as the few NAZI scientists that helped them get to the moon.

But please come visit. I need to cure my AIDS and you seem like someone who would be able to help me out. :wink:
Contrary to popular belief in SA the "cure" doesn't work. You're right though I do have a daughter. She however is 9 so I think she is a bit too old in your country.

Mcdonalds? No. You really should research job sector percentages in the US but remaining in a blissful state of ignorance seems to be status quo around here..........They are however accepting applications over here. Maybe that could help lower your 26% unemployment rate. Also you could send the money back home. Starting out as the "fry guy" you would be making double the median income for a SA white male.

Listening to you folks making smartass comments about the US and then looking at the stats for SA just makes me LOL.