Do you belive in aliens?

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Road_Kill

Post by Road_Kill »

You mention that time had a begining,so what was beforw that?Everything we say is all just theories,no one can be right or wrong.
The fact remains that we only use such a small percentage of our brains that there are things that we havent even had the brain power to start considering.
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Capanno_Del_Kimakigami wrote:
Slasher wrote:I, in all my
Leigh wrote:
very naive and arrogant
attitude, believe that we are the only people , beings in existence...
I guess Im arrogant and naive aswell.

Leigh I dont think its nice to say something like this. Were all just giving oppinions.
And just because you don't agree with mine, then I am "not being nice"?

Practise what you preach.
human slave in an insect nation
proaTt

Post by proaTt »

There aint such things as aliens..
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

You may not believe me,

but 1 year ago, I was busy medetating ( a skill that I have been working on for 2 years ) I calmed my body and cleard my mind. I started to focus on my clothes...my room...my house....the city.... the sky... the moon...solar system, but I went on and on. I saw planets, but then something weird happend, I saw a light (very bright) some form of life was in this light. It spoke to me....... I cant remember anything from that moment on. I started medatating @ about 22:30. I woke up 02:00. Feeling great.

If anyone ever had such an experiance, pls tell me (pm or email)

*ps the spelling is kinda poor
E6600@2.9GHz, Asus8800 GTS, 2x2GB
Patriot DDR2 4-4-4-12 @ 900MHz
Rid1

Post by Rid1 »

sounds like a regular dream!
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Nerevar wrote:You may not believe me,

but 1 year ago, I was busy medetating ( a skill that I have been working on for 2 years ) I calmed my body and cleard my mind. I started to focus on my clothes...my room...my house....the city.... the sky... the moon...solar system, but I went on and on. I saw planets, but then something weird happend, I saw a light (very bright) some form of life was in this light. It spoke to me....... I cant remember anything from that moment on. I started medatating @ about 22:30. I woke up 02:00. Feeling great.

If anyone ever had such an experiance, pls tell me (pm or email)

*ps the spelling is kinda poor
You suppose to exhale after inhaling, Nerevar. Guess that would explain the spelling. PS. it's meditating. In your case "meditating".

Guess we should be happy that your post had more than one line. Is that hail outside?
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
Rid1

Post by Rid1 »

@ nerevar, you've got a PM!
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Leigh wrote:
Kher-za wrote:have any of you ever had the experience where you wake up during the night and you can't move at all? you can't even speak or scream or anything, happened to me a few times, still creeps me out.
That's just sleep paralysis. It happens to lots of people - I've experienced it twice myself, and it is indeed really scary. But there is documented, biological reasoning for it ;)
Thats happened to me a few times as well, most recently about a year ago.
The first time it happened I woke up in the middle of the night and couldnt move a freaking muscle.
I tried calling for help, but couldnt even get a croak out. Then I closed my eyes and fell asleep again. When I told my mum what happened she said I was dreaming it. I told her I wasnt and she said I must be going mad. I figured that if my own mother thought that episode was looney I had better keep it to myself.
Nice to know I'm not the only crazy person around here.

And I need to have a word with my mother.....
Rid1

Post by Rid1 »

well, it always happens to me in my dreams that if i try to scream or shout for help, not a word will come out of my mouth no matter how hard i try...This always happens!
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

I can clearly remeber 3 times when I woke up and couldnt move - so I am sure I'm not dreaming it. One time I went back to sleep, and the other two times after a while I got motor control back.
Wierd...
capanno

Post by capanno »

Leigh chill. I might not agree with you but Im not calling you arrogant cause you believe in something I dont.
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Chill? I'm not the one getting hot under the collar. You're the one preaching about accepting peoples opinions, so why don't you do the same? I gave my opinion, and why should I not be entitled to it?

I find this pretty ironic coming from the person who told everyone that if they play Doom, they're going to go to hell.
capanno

Post by capanno »

OK this is getting redicilous!!! I accept your oppinion!!! You have every right to give your oppinion. I respect it. I dont think you get what I said.

Everyone gave their oppinions.
You gave yours and what I can understand from it, said everyone who doesnt agree with you is arrogant and naive.
I said I dont think its nice to say that.
Thats all.

And for ######## sake! I didnt say that you will go to hell if you play doom. Im getting tired of saying this over and over again.
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Oh yeah. Neon, your brother [EDITED] told me that your father saw an alien ship when he was in the SAfrican army?
Tell us about it.
Survivor

Post by Survivor »

Well, i havnt posted anything on this thread so far, since its none of my interest, but thought id give it a read.

Guys, this is getting hilarious!!!! " My opinion, no Let me give you my opinion" "Chill, no you Chill!" Common!!!!!!!

Stick to the point! Because two ppl have a huge difference, doesnt mean we all must read the crappy arguments!

L8r guys...
dammod

Post by dammod »

neon wrote:You suppose to exhale after inhaling, Nerevar
LLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLL!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :D :) :P
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Moo. Lol. :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Capanno_Del_Kimakigami wrote: Everyone gave their oppinions.
You gave yours and what I can understand from it, said everyone who doesnt agree with you is arrogant and naive.
Thats all.
No, I didn't say that everyone "who doesn't agree with me" is arrogant and naive. I said that it is arrogant and naive to believe that humankind is the only spark of life in an infinite universe of unfathomable age. There is a difference. If you cannot see the difference between these two, then that is your problem, not mine.

Out of everyone in this thread, you're the only one getting all worked up and argumentative. If you cannot handle people having opinions that differ to yours, then you shouldn't participate in discussions such as this. I believe this isn't the first time I've said this to you either.

Everyone else here gave their opinions, as did I. Perhaps my words struck a chord in some insecurity in you, and this is why you've chosen to continually attempt to provoke me and get pissy because of my opinion.
Don't bother - silly discussions like this are nought but a trivial amusement for me, and I really don't put much energy into them. So I would suggest you save yourself the stress and simply refrain from responding to me, since you won't get a rise out of me and you certainly aren't going to get me worked up the way you are. I am really happy with my beliefs and it doesn't bother me in the slightest that people disagree with me, because people should always think for themselves. It's all part of being human.

;)
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Just imagine aliens like us, discussing about the same thing.... debating on if we are real of not....

Personally I dont mind if there are aliens or not, just as long as they are not hostile and they do not try and probe me...

ps I mean all this stuff in light humour
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Leigh wrote:
Capanno_Del_Kimakigami wrote: Everyone gave their oppinions.
Thats all.
No, I didn't say that everyone "who doesn't agree with me" is arrogant and naive. I said that it is arrogant and naive to believe that humankind is the only spark of life in an infinite universe of unfathomable age.

;)
Now dont take this wrong, but you indirecly do in a unexplicable way tell people that think there are no aliens (opposite of your belief) that they are arrogant and naive....

Well, as I said, I am then...

Still nothing to get worked up over, ' :lol: ' at you and Capanno's argument

:lol: :lol:
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
qwiksilva666

Post by qwiksilva666 »

for those of u hoo r interested u have to check this site out.....

http://english.pravda.ru/science/19/94/ ... rtian.html

....after uve read that...browse through the rest of their stories.
they have supposed evidense on all the freaky ***** u can think of...and sum of their stuff is actually believable. they also say that the russians are doin experiments on time travel and hav actually gotten sumwhere.
so give the site a chance u wont be dissapointed and tell me wot u think.........over and out. (always wanted to say that)
~~*Head of the Druidic Council of the Pride of Darkness*~~
AMD PhenomII X4 955
M4N98TD-EVO
ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP
8GB Corsair XMS
Antec TP 750W
Futs

Post by Futs »

I remember the time travel bit, where they used a ship and that it travelled a few hundred kilometers.
When they found the ship the crew had been fused to the deck
sun_walka
Processor: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G41 PC-Mate
Graphics card: VisionTek Radeon R9 290
Memory: Crucial Balistix Sport 32GB DDR3

Post by sun_walka »

Pretty cool story quick silver, thnx mate. :)
Sam_Vimes

Post by Sam_Vimes »

I really have to get here more often. This reading the whole thread from the start thing takes way too long.

Anyway, I used to think like Leigh and a few others here. That in an infinite universe, the chance of our planet being the only one that sustains life and therefor all life in the universe exists here and only here is quite slim. Also had the "people that think like that are pretty naive and arrogant" idea in my head.

Lately, I have changed my mind. Not because of any strange doctrine or fear or unimaginative closedmindedness, but because I find stuff like this interesting and I like to read about it. The latest book I read "A short history of nearly everything" by Bill Bryson (you really should read this, witty, fun and informative), tells where we all come from and how difficult it actually is to start and then sustain life. In short, we as humans on our little world, with all our living things are incredibly lucky to be here. Life needs favourable conditions to exist and for the most part, the universe is a pretty hostile place, our world included. It took a very long time for life to get going on earth and almost all of it has been wiped out a few times through the ages. Any number of astronomical or terrestrial events could wipe us out again. This is on a favourable planet. The chance of another existing like it is a possibility, yet a very, very small one.

There's a lot more info about this and I have already posted too much here, so I'll just end with this:

The possibility of alien life in our infinite universe is definitely there, but the probability of alien life existing is very small.

On parallel universes:

"All things being equal, the simplest solutions is the most likely."

Nature likes things simple and easy. A river will flow into the easiest direction to flow at a specific time, etc. Just one universe existing where things happen and that's it, vs Infinite universes happening at the same time to accomodate our sense of possibility and purpose. I have to say that just one universe sounds more likely.

Phew...
<b>And for the life of me I can't think of anything profound to say</b>
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

I think there's life on other planets, not "aliens" like we see in sci-fi, but possibly bacteria, virusses, single celled organisms, probably even plant life or some sort of animal life. If there is any sort of sentient, intelligent alien life, it's probably unlike anything we've ever seen or even imagined...

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium