The Series Thread

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
americantsm1
Queen of the Damned

Re: The Series Thread

Post by americantsm1 »

I love Supernatural ... while the brothers fight off evil beings I watch and fight myself over which I would choose ... Sam or Dean :evil5:

I am not a fan of True Blood but I think it has to do with a mixture between my hating the opening credits, mixed with my irritation at the fairy thing and my dislike for one of the actresses in it so I do not think I am impartial here.

I also did not really like Falling Skies ... I also could not "get into it"

We are currently watching Person of Interest which is actually old but somehow we missed it in 2011 lol I must say I am enjoying that!
There comes a time for every vampire when the idea of eternity becomes momentarily unbearable. Living in the shadows, feeding in the darkness with only your own company to keep, rots into a solitary, hollow existence.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Anyone watching Continuum?
Molean

Post by Molean »

I'm busy with Breaking Bad Season 4...loving it thus far.

Also started watching the US version of The Inbetweeners...it's not too bad...

True Blood Season 5 finished the other day and WOW...that is all...

I have grown tired of Charlie Sheen's new program "Anger Management" it failing hard for me...
i7 2600K|Zalman CNPS9900Max Red|8GB Corsair Vengance|Asus Maximus Gene-Z|MSI GTX660Ti PE OC|
|OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD|SG: 1.5TB+2TB+3TB|Samsung 2494HS|CM 850W Pro Silent PSU|CM690II
ADT

Post by ADT »

Molean wrote:I'm busy with Breaking Bad Season 4...loving it thus far.

I have grown tired of Charlie Sheen's new program "Anger Management" it failing hard for me...

LOL i was just about to ask about anger management, but i see master beat me :P

True Blood season finale -ZOMFG :shock: bruv , at least dexter will start soon :) , still need to start watching Breaking Bad, i hear a lot of people ranting and raving about it
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
Molean

Post by Molean »

ADT wrote:
Molean wrote:I'm busy with Breaking Bad Season 4...loving it thus far.

LOL i was just about to ask about anger management, but i see master beat me :P

True Blood season finale -ZOMFG :shock: bruv , at least dexter will start soon :) , still need to start watching Breaking Bad, i hear a lot of people ranting and raving about it
It was inSANE! Great finale...I like how
Spoiler (show)
They ended off everyones story in the season and left us with one MAJOR cliffhanger!
YES! Dexter! Oh how I have missed thee! It actually feels like the other day I finished watching the last season...lo and behold, the next season is a mere month away!

Another great series that starts back up at the end of Sept is Boardwalk Empire...bring on the 1920 Gangsters!
i7 2600K|Zalman CNPS9900Max Red|8GB Corsair Vengance|Asus Maximus Gene-Z|MSI GTX660Ti PE OC|
|OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD|SG: 1.5TB+2TB+3TB|Samsung 2494HS|CM 850W Pro Silent PSU|CM690II
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Is anyone else LOVING Suits? It's brilliant!
ADT

Post by ADT »

Dexter is in the house :mrgreen:
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Mystical_Titan wrote:Is anyone else LOVING Suits? It's brilliant!
I only watched the first couple of episodes of Season 2. I'm building up a few episodes before I watch. I hate having to wait till the next week for the next episode. :lol:

I am doing the same with Continuum.

I see that Arrow starts this week or next. I'm keen to see if they can pull off anything decent with that.
Molean

Post by Molean »

ADT wrote:Dexter is in the house :mrgreen:
You knoes it bruv!

I managed to get a hold of Sons of Anarchy over the weekend and it is awesome! Almost burnt through season 1 in a day...Happy to see Season 5 has just started...So lots of viewing to be had there...

Most of the comedy shows have started back up again too...How I met your Ma, New Girl, Two and a Half Men, Big Bang Theory...With The Walking Dead Season 3 and Supernatural Season 8 beginning this month aswell...
ADT

Post by ADT »

Man i love the MC :D, I'm currently watching S4

Yeah looking forward to HIMYM and BBT and obviously the walking dead :)
Spoiler (show)
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Stuart wrote:Anyone watching Continuum?
Oh yes - enjoying it

Watching Dead Walking again - lovely gross episode

Love True Blood - esp the opening
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

americantsm1 wrote: and my dislike for one of the actresses in it so I do not think I am impartial here.
You talking about Tara? She irritates the poop out of me! And Bill's "Sookie" voice. :x

I actually like the opening song though. Still have to watch season 5. The show has gone down hill for me a bit from the start. Hope season 5 is better.
Spoiler (show)
I cheered when Tara got shot in the last episode of season 4, but heard she is back for 5! Oh well.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Molean

Post by Molean »

For me, True Blood is one of the best, if not THE best "Supernatural" program out at the moment...great cast and production, not to mention the story keeps on surprising me...
ADT

Post by ADT »

Agreed man, love TB
Spoiler (show)
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

True Blood is good- I've watched up to the end of season 5- but I will say this, it feels like they kinda lost the plot way back in season 2 or something. It went from being vampires to vamps and wolves- and then there are fairies and who knows what else :?
It's like they just grabbed a random book about the supernatural stuff off the shelf and went, Hey, let's mix this up and see what we get. I mean, really?
ADT

Post by ADT »

SykomantiS wrote:True Blood is good- I've watched up to the end of season 5- but I will say this, it feels like they kinda lost the plot way back in season 2 or something. It went from being vampires to vamps and wolves- and then there are fairies and who knows what else :?
It's like they just grabbed a random book about the supernatural stuff off the shelf and went, Hey, let's mix this up and see what we get. I mean, really?

STILL A BETTER LOVE STORY THAN TWILIGHT :lol:
Spoiler (show)
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

True Blood is based on the books by Charlain Harris...
in it is the wolves and fairies and sups so no, they didn't "just grabbed a random book about the supernatural stuff off the shelf and went, Hey, let's mix this up and see what we get."

as with all series and movies, the books are way better than the series... they have added a lot of extra stuff that wasn't in the book, probably for the audience's sake...
like in the books, Tara doesn't become a vampire, the whole Allience thing where Bill and Eric are caught as such is not in the book... the wolves are but in a different way... and Lafyette dies in the first book...

i'm not dissing what you guys are saying and actually agree with some of the things that you say... :)

i just watch it for the sexy Eric ;)
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

He is not sexy. Damon from Vampire Diaries - now that is sexy. Something to do with his eyes. And The Listener has awesome eyes too. Could make a woman melt.
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

so no, they didn't "just grabbed a random book about the supernatural stuff off the shelf and went, Hey, let's mix this up and see what we get."
they have added a lot of extra stuff that wasn't in the book, probably for the audience's sake...
Well then... :roll: How is that not a contradiction?

Also, Spoilers Please- some of the people here haven't watched it yet and have said as much.
ADT

Post by ADT »

Tribble wrote:He is not sexy. Damon from Vampire Diaries - now that is sexy. Something to do with his eyes. And The Listener has awesome eyes too. Could make a woman melt.
tribble plz this is a family thread :P
Spoiler (show)
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

I like Vampire Diaries more than True Blood.
Currently I'm sitting through season 10 of JAG. It sure has taken a while :)

I think after this I'll tackle some Stargate. On that note, which one first? Atlantis or SG-1? I presume it does follow some sort of timeline?
ADT

Post by ADT »

Also dig VD diaries, it's well not as gory and violent as TB, but still definitely worth the watch
Spoiler (show)
Molean

Post by Molean »

Thanks for that addition KatrynKat!

Was about to go on my own explanation, but you hit the nail on the head perfectly...

I think Eric is one bada$$ Nordic Vampire and would rip off Damon's head in a blink of an eye...lol...just saying...

I've gotten over VD...it just seems like the same thing over...
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Oh no doubt - Eric is the better vampire - but Damon has those eyes......

@ADT - will you let your kids eat ice cream one day? It melts too you know. As does ice ;-)

@Syko - go with SG1 first then Atlantis. Or watch them concurrently - won't make that much difference. Just the order in which thy were made
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

She is a vampire now? Greeaaat...
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W