Rock / Metal heads.

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
SmL9

Post by SmL9 »

Damn, seem I'm a bit behind... Do you or your bro play in a band?
Basipooned!

Post by Basipooned! »

i play in 2 bands ATM.

My 1 band is a show band which performs at the imax (bmw theatre at the pavillion) in Cape Town 4 nights a week doing a 60s to 70s show.

my other band is an original band called zenith which u can check out here and download sum songs.
Im too lazy to scan my signature in!!!
cOokie_mOnster

Post by cOokie_mOnster »

Got the new korn, twisted transistor is ok.

Anyone here got the iron maiden rock in rio dvd?
Ihsahn

Post by Ihsahn »

I think that you all listen to devil music :wink:
Who knows more about electricity than the Amish?
crabstick

Post by crabstick »

I think your a gaping v4g1na!!!
And i wanna kno, did u think we'd be screwed by one run again?
Hellfury

Post by Hellfury »

@Rabb 1, my dad has a GT-6 and the mother of all base amps the Roland DB-700 (250watts).

My dad does music as a hobby to keep him sane because of all the pressure of working.

I don't meen to brag but my dad currently owns 3 basses (one 4 string fretted, one 5 string fretted and one four string fretless). One Roland 60watt cube amp and a regular 50watt Roland and of course the DB-700 bass amp

He also owns 3 electric guitars and 2 acoustic guitars. Add to that the GT-6, a Roland RD-700 professional digital piano and an regular piano. He has mixers and all. To top it all off he has Sonar 4 professional recording suite for his pc.

I know it sounds like alot but he built it up over abot 10 years. There is so much stuff in his music room (+- R250 000) that he has a seperate insurance policy on the room.
AMD FX 8120 @4.7Ghz |Antec Kuhler 920 |ASUS Sabertooth 990fx| 16Gb DDR3 1866 Vengeance|GTX 460 1gb |OCZ Vertex 3 60gb (OS) + HyperX 240Gb (Games)|2tb+320gb+250gb(x3)+160gb hdds| CM Silent Pro Gold 1000w| Aerocool Strike X ST| Dell 23" LED LCD |Windows 8 Pro x64
SHL3B1B
Permanently Banned

Post by SHL3B1B »

lol @hellfury... um thats ur dad not u. I can go on about all my bro's guitars (10 of them...).
And dont u mean he has a GT6B? seeing as he's using a nice BASS amp... and my bro's friend has a 300watt bass amp....
Its all very well having good equipment but i counts what you do with it ;)

we have about 14 guitars in my house.... most of them are very nice...
Last edited by SHL3B1B on 28 Dec 2005, 19:43, edited 1 time in total.
Road_Kill

Post by Road_Kill »

Cookie-Monster wrote:Got the new korn, twisted transistor is ok.
What do you think of the rest of the album,you probably didn't like it that much.Iron Maiden people don't normally like Korn,but I loved the album,then again i am a bit baised,I love all their music.
Orph3us

Post by Orph3us »

[quote="Road_Kill
.Iron Maiden people don't normally like Korn[/quote]

What, why? I have all the KoRn CD's except the new one and I think Iron Maiden is teh shyte - Holy Smoke rocks!!
Hellfury

Post by Hellfury »

No, a GT-6

Like I said I did NOT mean to brag.

My dad plays in 2 bands

@rabb1 what guitars are they (brand). Any one can have 10 guitars, it's what guitars that count. 1 Les Paul is worth more than 10 cheap Corts

My dads electrics are a Fender Statocaster (USA), a Gibson Les Paul Supreme and some ibanez thing. Hiss basses are a Fender precision bass, Warrik, and a Fender Jazz bass. His acoustics are a Taylor and a Martin.
AMD FX 8120 @4.7Ghz |Antec Kuhler 920 |ASUS Sabertooth 990fx| 16Gb DDR3 1866 Vengeance|GTX 460 1gb |OCZ Vertex 3 60gb (OS) + HyperX 240Gb (Games)|2tb+320gb+250gb(x3)+160gb hdds| CM Silent Pro Gold 1000w| Aerocool Strike X ST| Dell 23" LED LCD |Windows 8 Pro x64
SHL3B1B
Permanently Banned

Post by SHL3B1B »

Hellfury wrote:No, a GT-6

Like I said I did NOT mean to brag.

My dad plays in 2 bands

@rabb1 what guitars are they (brand). Any one can have 10 guitars, it's what guitars that count. 1 Les Paul is worth more than 10 cheap Corts

My dads electrics are a Fender Statocaster (USA), a Gibson Les Paul Supreme and some ibanez thing. Hiss basses are a Fender precision bass, Warrik, and a Fender Jazz bass. His acoustics are a Taylor and a Martin.
Neva say some ibanez thingy... ibanez guitars are very good speed playing guitars. (Steve vai, joe satrianni, john petrucci. use them)
His nicer guitars..
Cort X-series master piece
Ibanez ergandine
Ibanez artist (fretless)
Epiphone les paul 50th aniversary edition

and a few other cheap guitars..
an acoustic
and 1 ibanez base and 1 squire bass.

His amp is a laney 4x12.. when he does shows he only uses it on about 3 volume.
Road_Kill

Post by Road_Kill »

Orph3us wrote:What, why? I have all the KoRn CD's except the new one and I think Iron Maiden is teh shyte - Holy Smoke rocks!!
The new album is brilliant,listen to coming undone,Liar,well all of it is pretty good.All the reviews say that they have just reinvented Nu-Metal,though most Nu-metal sucks!
Orph3us

Post by Orph3us »

Road_Kill wrote:
Orph3us wrote:What, why? I have all the KoRn CD's except the new one and I think Iron Maiden is teh shyte - Holy Smoke rocks!!
The new album is brilliant,listen to coming undone,Liar,well all of it is pretty good.All the reviews say that they have just reinvented Nu-Metal,though most Nu-metal sucks!
Well I've only heard Twisted Transistor which aint half bad, I do intend on buying the new one though - got a collection going. Fan uv KoRn.

Bands me likes:
Korn
Metallica
Chevelle
Adema
Disturbed
Bush(not rock but still good)
Sabbath
Mudvayne
Bloodhound Gang(listen to Hefty Fine - you'll understand)
Rammstein
I could go on for days - you get where i'm going!

P.S. why do most people automatically assume that rock/mtal is satanic?
Hellfury

Post by Hellfury »

@raab1

I agree, Ibanez are very good guitars.

Sorry to say this but Gibson is way better than Epiphone. Epiphone are cheap versions of Gibsons.

Have you seen how much vintage Fender Stratocasters go for, some go for R50 000 and up, it's crazy because they aren't that good.

One random question, have you ever heard of an old south african band called SWEATBAND?
Hellfury

Post by Hellfury »

Who of u have the new SOAD album. Hypnotize and what do you think of it?

My favourite song so far,

Vicinity of Obscenity
Orph3us

Post by Orph3us »

Question: Are the people at MTV retarded? I mean, honestly who listens to one song over and over again, why can they not play something other than Hypnotize from SOAD for instance - that song haunts me by now!! :evil:
SHL3B1B
Permanently Banned

Post by SHL3B1B »

Hellfury wrote:Who of u have the new SOAD album. Hypnotize and what do you think of it?

My favourite song so far,

Vicinity of Obscenity
SOAD is my favourite band... and Vicinity of Obscenity is not the best song on dat album.. holy mountains is IMO... i like U-fig, tentative, soldier side the most
Orph3us

Post by Orph3us »

But wasn't Soldier Side on Mezmerize? Or are you generalizing? Just a thought.
SHL3B1B
Permanently Banned

Post by SHL3B1B »

Orph3us wrote:But wasn't Soldier Side on Mezmerize? Or are you generalizing? Just a thought.
a short version of Soldier Side was the first track of mesmerize the full version of Soldier Side is on hypnotize (last track)
Hellfury

Post by Hellfury »

@Rabb1, youre right, soldier side is really good!! Listening to it now
NealeDeadlyAlien
Registered Bush Snake Facehugger

Post by NealeDeadlyAlien »

The only bands I listen to are.

Korn
Marilyn Manson
Rob Zombie
Nine Inch Nails
Slip Knot
Tool
Drowning Pool

There I think that is about it.
Orph3us

Post by Orph3us »

rabb1 wrote:
Orph3us wrote:But wasn't Soldier Side on Mezmerize? Or are you generalizing? Just a thought.
a short version of Soldier Side was the first track of mesmerize the full version of Soldier Side is on hypnotize (last track)
Oh, cool *waves hand in Jedi manner* you will send me that album!
SHL3B1B
Permanently Banned

Post by SHL3B1B »

Orph3us wrote:
rabb1 wrote:
Oh, cool *waves hand in Jedi manner* you will send me that album!
lol.. it was an xmas present.
Road_Kill

Post by Road_Kill »

My fav bands

1. Korn
2. SOAD,Slipknot
3.Static-X
4.Whole bunch like, Audioslave,Nirvana,Mudvayne and a buch I can't remember.
SmL9

Post by SmL9 »

Orph3us wrote:P.S. why do most people automatically assume that rock/mtal is satanic?
What really happened:

The Black metal style/genre/subtype of metal was started by a group of bands and some other people in Norway seeking to remove Christian influences from their country and return to their traditional beliefs. So they started writing songs with deliberate Satanic or Anti-Christian lyrics just so piss off Christians. And vandalised some churches, ect.

Wikipedia Article on Black metal

What I think then happened:

The general public became aware of this and developed a stereotype (obviously exaggerated): The members of a heavy metal band are all Satanists and the fans are their minions. Bands also often used shock rock to draw fans and build up a "hard core" image.
Orph3us wrote:Question: Are the people at MTV retarded? I mean, honestly who listens to one song over and over again, why can they not play something other than Hypnotize from SOAD for instance - that song haunts me by now!! :evil:
Well most of their fans are pop addicts that are sometimes really weird people. They have little to no concern for the musical and songwriting skill involved, which is therefore often of very long quality. A girl I know was very thankful because a friend made her a tape containing some new "cool" song repeating through the ENTIRE tape. It pisses me off bad. If I listen to a song more than once it gets irritating. Except maybe some songs by Children of Bodom or System that are so complicated that you discover something new EVERY time you hear a song.