Conspiracy Theories. What are yours???

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

:lol:
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

jee wrote:a tale of two irishmen on the subject of intelligent life
i sense a flaw here... not quite sure what it is and can't quite place a digit on it... but it's there... :D
Athlone Advisor wrote:One of the most striking accounts comes from a young Dublin mother whose son told her of repeated visits from a "bold man" who took him, sometimes along with his parents and baby sister, to a "tent in the sky with lots of lights".
ahhh... uncail paddy's been in his cups again then?... sure, and don't he make a right mess of things when he is.... :lol: either that or mj's been breaking parole again...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

What are everyone's thoughts on this Steorn business. Will it pull the rabbit out of the hat?
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Nothing on that website tells me how they are able to produce "free, clean and constant energy" :?

I hope it turns out to be a feasable source of energy, but it takes alot of electricity to pwer a car. And a very small battery to power a cellphone.

Can Steorn make their batteries/power cells/generators small and powerful enough for both these tasks?
Bobendren

Post by Bobendren »

pofadder wrote:For example, he states under ENERGY that "It is now accepted that mass can be created or destroyed".
Well if it came out of, or went into a parallel universe, then the law of censervation of energy and mass would still hold true. So you'll just need to prove the existance of parallel universes then...tricky one that. :P
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

jamin_za wrote:Nothing on that website tells me how they are able to produce "free, clean and constant energy" :?

I hope it turns out to be a feasable source of energy, but it takes alot of electricity to pwer a car. And a very small battery to power a cellphone.

Can Steorn make their batteries/power cells/generators small and powerful enough for both these tasks?
Apperantly it has something to do with magnets and something spinning. Which really says absolutely nothing, but that's all they've said so far.

Edit: Why isn't this thing in my cellphone?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... ree+energy
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... ree+energy
Last edited by Psych0_Cr1tt3r on 17 Nov 2006, 23:21, edited 1 time in total.
Richard_

Post by Richard_ »

//edit
Last edited by Richard_ on 17 Nov 2006, 23:26, edited 1 time in total.
Hexsist

Post by Hexsist »

Companies who make things, make it for profit- not for the sake of the free man. We won't see anything being 'discovered' anytime soon, without it having strong bonds with the developement of the Corporate world.. I believe technologie is a Conspiracy theorem. :twisted:
Bobendren

Post by Bobendren »

I like Steorn. They haven't asked for any funding yet, so there might be some truth to what they're doing.
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

Bobendren wrote:I like Steorn. They haven't asked for any funding yet, so there might be some truth to what they're doing.
Yes and they haven't been assassinated yet, which is nice.
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

Psych0_Cr1tt3r wrote:
Bobendren wrote:I like Steorn. They haven't asked for any funding yet, so there might be some truth to what they're doing.
Yes and they haven't been assassinated yet, which is nice.
Don't jinx it.....you never know.....

My own little theory is South africa will soon invade Zim.....and loose and then Robert will rule as all :twisted: :twisted:

This 9/11 bull...blah blah them Americans should know better to mess with them Bin laden folks
slane

Post by slane »

No, they will just simply elect Mugabe as our new ruler.
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

The Eskom blackouts are a plot to curb global warming- think about it, they are giving everybody in jhb free energy-efficient bulbs, installing remote switches on all of our geysers... Exactly what Mr. Gore wanted!
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

They're all out to get me..... 8O
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Re: Conspiracy Theories. What are yours???

Post by Anakha56 »

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread but...

http://www.hardocp.com/news/2010/10/07/ ... heory_day/

We have either A: Found aliens B: Dark Matter :? C: Bad photoshop. Whats your choice?
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Snapa

Post by Snapa »

hmm..id go for C
Q6600, 8Gb ddr3 1066mhz, asus Gtx560 ti, Haf922, x3 mouse, x6 keyboard
Snapa

Post by Snapa »

But stil makes you wonder what that is in the pic o.0
Q6600, 8Gb ddr3 1066mhz, asus Gtx560 ti, Haf922, x3 mouse, x6 keyboard
DeathPing

Post by DeathPing »

A: Found aliens = X We all know aliens DO not exist.
B: Dark Matter = X Why would it matter if it's dark? HelloOoOoOoOo?! It's in space!
C: Bad photoshop = X Why would they want us thinking that they had to PhotoShop something out?
D: None of the above

I choose D and risk getting smacked by Anakha. :mrgreen:

Here is one of my own...

Conspiracy: CapNemo is assisting BladeRunner in obtaining his qualification by helping him solve cos fi to the power of 3 multiplied by sin fi d-fi , simplifying this by means of only trig identities and making use of theories that do not exist yet. :shock:

Judging by the eye-patch that CapNemo's new avatar is wearing, one can only theorize as to how payment for these services are effected... Arrrrrrrr! :roll:
The keyboard is mightier than the pen!
When the last guitar string goes "Ping!", that is when Death will stop to sing...
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

*sigh* Can i delete the spam comment part?

A: How do you know that aliens do not exist? Where is your proof? And by proof I mean scientific not the Bible ;).
B: You kidding me? Do you understand waht dark matter is and the effects it could have? But honestly option B was meant as something to explain the murky black you see... :roll:
C: Who knows hence the reason why its called a conspiracy theory.

*sigh*

/think I am getting to old...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

Anakha56 wrote:A: How do you know that aliens do not exist? Where is your proof? And by proof I mean scientific not the Bible ;).
I offer you conclusive proof that intelligent life DOES exist elsewhere in the universe - none of it has tried to contact us.

:run4hills:
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
CapNemo

Post by CapNemo »

:lol: Anyway you can never disproove the exsistence of something because you never know every thing and not everything has been explored
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

a) I am pretty sure aliens in some form do exist, even intelligent ones. They are probably just as limited by relativity as we are though, so they probably have not visited us yet. The discovery of a planet a mere 20 light years away that has all the requirements for life that we can discern from this distance, tells me that there are probably many millions or even billions of planets with life on them.
b) You would not be able to see dark matter as a dark patch. It is dark because it does not react with normal matter in ways other than gravitationally, which includes photons. So it wouldn't absorb them and leave a black area for us to speculate about.
c) It is most probably some kind of editing mistake. The vast majority of NASA images are enhanced in some way as a matter of course.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

KALSTER wrote:a) I am pretty sure aliens in some form do exist, even intelligent ones. They are probably just as limited by relativity as we are though, so they probably have not visited us yet. The discovery of a planet a mere 20 light years away that has all the requirements for life that we can discern from this distance, tells me that there are probably many millions or even billions of planets with life on them.
b) You would not be able to see dark matter as a dark patch. It is dark because it does not react with normal matter in ways other than gravitationally, which includes photons. So it wouldn't absorb them and leave a black area for us to speculate about.
c) It is most probably some kind of editing mistake. The vast majority of NASA images are enhanced in some way as a matter of course.
The leak originated from a member of the Kepler Mission team who apparently was simply so excited that he couldn’t contain himself. It is, after all, exciting to have confirmed at least 5 earth-like planets in our own Galaxy, with possibly hundreds of others. How do can you not share something like that?
Source
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

That is pretty cool, but what makes this latest discovery so cool is that the planet sits within the habitable zone of it's star.
From the PAPER (Pdf):

"However, if confirmed, the 37-day planet candidate offers a solid case for a potentially
habitable planet in this very nearby system. The best Keplerian fit to the data indicates
a 3.1M⊕ planet in a circular 36.6-day orbit of semi-major axis 0.146 AU. The dynamical
stability investigations presented by Mayor09 also impose a lower bound on the orbital
plane inclination, constraining the upper bound on the mass of GJ 581g to be no more
than 1.6 times its minimum mass. We find a similar bound of about 1.4 assuming none
of the orbital eccentricities exceed 0.2. So, the likely mass for this planet candidate is
3.1 – 4.3M⊕. Using the results of Seager et al. (2007), the radius of GJ 581g is expected to
be 1.3 – 1.5R⊕ if homogeneous and composed primarily of the perovskite phase of MgSiO3
(Earth-like), or 1.7 – 2R⊕ if water-ice. All radii are predicted to be ~ 20% smaller if the
planet is differentiated, so the planet is likely to have a radius below 1.5R⊕. The mass and
radius estimates imply a surface gravity of ~ 1.1 – 1.7 g, very near that of the Earth."

*The Lick-Carnegie Exoplanet Survey: A 3.1M Planet in the
Habitable Zone of the Nearby M3V Star Gliese 581
Steven S. Vogt1, R. Paul Butler2, E. J. Rivera1, N. Haghighipour3, Gregory W. Henry4,
and Michael H. Williamson4

How cool is that?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W