F1 2006

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.

Who do you think will win This Season?

Renault
9%
Ferrari
69%
Mclaren
17%
Another Team
5%

Total votes: 77

DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

RuadRauFlessa wrote::lol: Raikonen starts dead last tomorrow. His car's suspencion broke apart. :lol:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

:lol: In your face. Full Front row of guess what. Only Scarlet Ferrari badges. :lol:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Moses

Post by Moses »

RuadRauFlessa wrote::lol: In your face. Full Front row of guess what. Only Scarlet Ferrari badges. :lol:
I'm loving it.
Road_Kill

Post by Road_Kill »

I'm a huge Ferrari supporter, but it doesn't mean much. I really hope that this will be the future pattern for the rest of the year, but Ferrari have tested a lot on this track...so I don't want to get my hopes up. The really good news is that Massa is really fast and seems like he will be really competitive.

Oh, what the hell, I've been waiting a year for this

FORTZA FERRARI!!!!
I want something good to die for, to make it beautifull to live - Queens of the Stone Age-Go with the flow
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Road_Kill I like your thinking mate.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

well, this sets tomorrow up for a great race
If McLaren had both front possitions then we would have run away with it :P

Hopefully Montoya will pull summin out of the bag, cause kimmi starting in last place isnt looking to good

and im happy to see Ferrari back on track(or so it seems) I think its gonna come down to 4 teams this year
McLaren
Ferrari
Renault
Honda

Good luck for the teams tomorrow and may the best McLaren win
Road_Kill

Post by Road_Kill »

I've been a Ferrari supporter since I was six. It's not really fair. My dad brainwashed me at that age and never gave me a chance, but at least he gave me style and passion.
I want something good to die for, to make it beautifull to live - Queens of the Stone Age-Go with the flow
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

Honda and Ferrari really do have the advantage at this track tho.
The only two teams to accept the invite and test in Bahrain during the off-season. Apparently both teams tested extensively so they should each have a good race setup. So no real surprises that they're up at the front.

Bit worried bout McLaren's reliability to be honest, things not looking 100% in the team at present.

However as a pom, i'm rooting for Jensen. UP THE BRIT !! :D
....altogether now...."Gawwwd saaave our graaacious queen....."

Can't wait for tomorrow...
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Style and passion. Hey stop it. I already said I like your thinking now you make it even more so. :lol:
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

Its a shame that Raikkonen's reliability woes have started so early this season. The chassis definitely seems to be the fastest out there on track. Merc need to pull things together, however they are revising the engine and the new one will be due by the 3rd race i think. If they can get it sorted, i believe the ol' Mc's will be seriously faster than anyone on the track.

Still talking about Bahrain, i think that the Renaults and Honda's are still stronger than the Ferrari's and are carrying a slightly heavier fuel load than both Ferrari's. The thing thats making me say this, is Massa being so close to Shuey. Still mebbe the intensive Mugello testing gave Ferrari an edge nobody has seen as yet. Still its going to be an interesting race tommorrow, and i will never count out the Mc's, Monty's race strategy might be a very good one, only time will tell.

Bigup to the beginning of an highly anticipated 2006 F1 season.
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

If the testing that they have done made such a big diff then why did honda fall back in the qualifying runs. They could have been just as fast if not faster than the ferrari when it comes to qualifying.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Road_Kill

Post by Road_Kill »

As I always said last year, the only reason Ferrari were doing s bad was because of the tyres. Look at them now that they can change them. Felt good to see them competitive again. If not more.
jPm

Post by jPm »

i doubt that mclaren can win tomorrow,but lets hope!!
Tolklein

Post by Tolklein »

Today is yesterdays tomorrow.

Got my chair all set up, beer, chips.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Tolkien, dude you got the right idea. I had a glass of red yesterday and for the first time showed allergic reactions to it. Ooh it is still itchy. nOOOOOO. Anyway Just over an hour to go before liftoff. Lets leave it at that and see what happens.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
jee

Post by jee »

eish ruad! thats not good! what wine was it?

i have 'bokdrolletjies" and appleberry juice ready at the TV :)
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

jee wrote:eish ruad! thats not good! what wine was it?

i have 'bokdrolletjies" and appleberry juice ready at the TV :)
It is that wine you left at our place. Maybe it was because you didn't drink it with us. :lol:

Anyway that was a spectacular start tot he season. Hope to see much more of the type of action that had been going on over the whole weekend. Sharkies loose. Bulls WIN :lol: @ the sharkies. Ferrari back into the game and with 4 strong F1 teams this year it is going to be a blast. And then the SA Cricket team wins with a recordbreaking match and a half. Couldn't have asked for much more.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

Good race.
Kimi drove a superbly.
Nice to see a Ferrari battling for the lead again.
Well done Renault.

Jensen disappointed me by being a grandpa off the start and then proceeded not to make any real headway :(
Road_Kill

Post by Road_Kill »

Ferrari lost it by slacking in the pits.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Once again Road_Kill I have to agree with you on that point.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

They weren't slack (altho they were with poor old Massa's stop - running around the pit like headless chickens when the air spanner didn't work on the right rear tyre), in Schumi's case they needed to put in more fuel at both his stops which added those vital few seconds ultimately costing him the race.

Renault's strategy was slightly better, they gave Alonso a longer first stint and it worked out about half a second faster overall which was all they needed.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

I don't think we are talking about the same slack as you mate. Their strategy was slack. Full of holes and verry ppredictable. I call for a vote of no confidence in fueling regulations. If the teams can actually refuel after qualifying it would bring back some decent tacktics and some more unpredictability during the race. It will also so some extent force the drivers to overtake on the track as they won't know exactly what the other teams are up to. The current format playes verry open cards between the constructors which enables a team to predict exactly when a car is going to go into the pits. In the days of old someone could hide the actual ammount of fuel their cars carried. Making the unpredictability factor a reality. Nowadays you know what their strats are before the race even starts. Not verry nice in my opinion. I would like to see that rule scratched or looked at more closely. Not that I am bitching about what happined. I am totally extatic for Ferrari that they are back into the game (How much we will only know after the next race). I am totally extatic for McLaren and Renault on their championship standings. I am totally extatic about the display of skill from the n00bs although I think that Massa could have done a tad better. Nice thinking for the start of the race though. He gave Micheal exactly what he needed and in my opinion it is partly what F1 is about since it is a team sport and without the word team F1 is nothing. I can give that speach to poor old Raikonen whom didn't have such a great start of the weekend but made up for it in bundles. I heard speculation that he might be signing for the scarlet team next year but that is unconfirmed and not trusted information. The thing is that Raikonens personality does not show me the team in sport or shall I rather say he does not look like the person who can really work in cooperation with other people. He want's to do something his way or no way at all and that might hinder him in his F1 carreer.

Anways enouth ranting what you ppl thinks?
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

I am going to personally assasinate the one that posted with my account. Be warned do it again and you will be dead.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Dom

Post by Dom »

I have to say that the new qualifying format makes for some interesting viewing! :)

It's nice to see Ferrari up where they should be again (on the podium), but I have to say that Alonso and Kimi both drove very well (for Kimi to come from 22nd place to 3rd was damn good!).
\"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; although I am not sure about the former.\" Albert Einstein

November 10th, 2004; I\'m gonna miss you mom :-(
May 3rd, 2007; Missing you gramps :-(
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Dom wrote:Kimi both drove very well (for Kimi to come from 22nd place to 3rd was damn good!).
Yeah with a full tank of fuel a half decent car and only one pit stop while everyone else only has to make 2 stops. Verry difficult indeed. :wink:
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932