Elfen Lied

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

I tried google and got what I think is the original site with the game( or something) on it. Problem was, it was in japanese.

So I searched and found a link to a download (aprox. 32.9MB in size)
But when I try to extract it, it gives me an error with some of the files. Also, the file names and folders are scrambled, but I can at least open the game up, but it then crashes when it actually loads the game.
If I can't find a friendship problem...I'll make a friendship problem!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxo1qlk6gEI
jee

Post by jee »

I have decided that i just have to have Elfin lied's soundtrack.. *sigh*
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Good ja.

Btw, you've not told us what you think about Elfen yet melady...
jee

Post by jee »

First of all, its the best anime I have watched so far.
Its incredibly sad.. I have not yet watched the last episode.... emotionally I don't think I can handle it today ;)

I don't think its violent. I have seen far worse, mindless violence that meant nothing. Yet almost all the main characters have been "forced" into the violence that is seen from time to time. Its rather disturbing, as someone mentioned somewhere in the thread.

Its very thought provoking, like most anime is, and its really made me think about cloning/testing and the pain (physical, mental and emotionally) that we put anyone through that tends to be a slight bit different to what we think should be the "norm".

But the music .. oh... how I would long to have that by itself - not just the beginning and end songs..... *sigh*

hmm am going to watch Urotskidoji or Mermaid Forest for some mindlessness :twisted:
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Jdoa

Post by Jdoa »

Elfen Lied is very cool....so far. I've only watched it up until eps5 I think.
And I do think its a violent, but its cool and the people that drew the anime realy did some nice detail on the limbs and stuff that gets torn off. I like it :twisted:
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

...I love you jee...

It left about the same impresson on me.

Top-notch anime.

Speaking about the OST... a remarkable moment for me was in either episode 12 or 13 when Lucy kissed Kouta and for the first time in the series the song played in full whilst showing flashbacks of their happy childhood moments together. I came close to crying there...

Ahem, anyways -

I think you'll love Chrno Crusade too. Also a very sad and solid story.

It was passed on to me and I will pass it on to you soon.

Btw, check-out seedler or torrentreacter, you'll find the OST there. The new beta client is extremely fast, should have it downloaded overnight.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Jdoa wrote:Elfen Lied is very cool....so far. I've only watched it up until eps5 I think.
And I do think its a violent, but its cool and the people that drew the anime realy did some nice detail on the limbs and stuff that gets torn off. I like it :twisted:
The sad story starts episode 7 onwards, where the reasons for all the flying bodyparts is made clear...

/sorry dp.
jee

Post by jee »

Rayne wrote: Btw, check-out seedler or torrentreacter, you'll find the OST there. The new beta client is extremely fast, should have it downloaded overnight.
hmmm i'm kinda stupid when it comes to downloading things from somewhere... :oops: I end up with dialers and such like... :oops:

but i have been balling my eyes out.... I feel like reaching my hand out to Lucy and just holding her, telling her life is not always bad.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Well there is a little problem with torrents... they aint seeded no more...

So sorry but that overnight dl plan will probably turn-out to be a 3 month dl plan.

I know someone who has the OST. Will not name him here but I'm sure he'll come to your rescue when he reads this thread.

Unfortunately animedirect dont have it.
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

i had to get the intro song out of an elfenlied episode and then convert it to an mp3 so that jane could use it as a ringtone.

man slave!
CurSe

Post by CurSe »

I just finished Elfen Lied myself... and all I can say is, man, what an anime.

Definitely one of the best. Reading your guys explanations were pretty interesting, but all that tiny text is really annoyinng. 8O

A few times during the series I had to take a break to watch some more 'light-hearted' stuff, just gets a bit heavy after say 3 episodes in a row.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Reaaaaaally coool it be. Just finished ep7 and boy did I crack myself. There ain't really that much violence. It is only in a selected fiew episodes that you find the gory stuff and it ain't just for no reason. I'd say saving Ryan's Privates has more senceless violence than Elfen Lied. Anways I am looking forward to finishing the series but for now I have to take a power nap before getting to work again. I am finding myself at a point where I have to muster up all of the self control I have just to not watch the next episode. Sais something about the series.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

Definately a favorite of mine...quite sad that they didnt win an oscar!

*Idea*
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

ROFL Kher-za

Well Cursey, now imagine watching the whole thing in one shot... That must cause one some really mental agony... No wonder you see me act the way I do...
Intel i5 750 - Asus P7P55D LE - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4Gig - Coolermaster HAF932
Club Radeon 5850 - Corsair HX750W - OCZ Vertex 2 120Gig SSD - 2x Seagate 1.5TB
Samsung 2494HS 1920x1080 - Logitech G15 - Logitech G500
BlackBerry Bold 9900 - iPod Touch 8Gig 2G
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

I watched it in a day if i remember correctly, stopping only to digest what i'd seen and forage for food to sustain myself through the series.

same with berserk, but you wont hear me admitting to it anywhere else...
Evade

Post by Evade »

yeah beserk, good times
walk the dark path, sleep with angels

-assassin of the pride-
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

I actually reccomend watching it in one sitting if at all possible.

The last ending episodes just has a better feel to it that way.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

I would love to be able to watch Elfen Lied in one go. Gives me an idea.

How about editing them and putting them into one long file with all of the begin and end pieces cut out?
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

I did that using WinDVD Creator.

Chrno and Tenjho too.
kailinin

Post by kailinin »

Off-The-Chart wrote:ROFL Kher-za

Well Cursey, now imagine watching the whole thing in one shot... That must cause one some really mental agony... No wonder you see me act the way I do...
at about 2 in the morning :D
I am the Hitokiri that makes it rain blood.....
- Himura Battousai.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Rayne wrote:I did that using WinDVD Creator.

Chrno and Tenjho too.
Cooool. I wann a really have hellsing like that. That thing will create one hell of a 6 hour movie.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

i only did that with my 2 part appleseed rip.
CurSe

Post by CurSe »

Yeah I've seen Appleseed, didn't think it was that great myself. Was pretty and had some cool fight scenes near the start, but the plot didn't seem that great.

Maybe the characters would have seemed a bit better if I had watched it in Japanese.

And Rayne, I watched the 2nd half of the series almost all in one go, so it wasn't bad at all.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Finally, it is here!

http://www.animedirect.co.za/index.php?m=ca&i=6&l=1349
The mysterious organization protecting humanity from the deadly power of the Diclonius is faced with the devil’s bargain. Will they unleash #35, the deadliest mutant yet, to hunt Lucy down? Or will they risk letting the notorious killer slip through the cracks? Things have never been easy for the young misfits at the heart of this battle, but they’ve never had it harder than this. As Kohta learns how Nyu’s past is inextricably tied to his life’s greatest tragedy, he may find that protecting her means destroying himself. Even those who have already lost pieces of themselves to this brutal fight have more to lose. As Nana goes from hunter to hunted, and Bandoh from lawman to outlaw, the shadow of death creeps closer. And what of the man who the diclonius call “Papa?” How far will Kurama go?
At last, now I can finish the originals.
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

You better not take the last one, other wise im going to kill you :lol: Im also just waiting for some money's to buy it.