The Movie Thread

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Mystical_Titan

Re: The Movie Thread

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Stuart wrote:
Mystical_Titan wrote:I couldn't help thinking Scream 3 was a comedy 'cause I kept on laughing during that movie. Never saw the second one.
You skipped the second film of a trilogy?

:slap:
The Screams I heard, uh, I mean saw, just happened that way, it wasn't planned. And Scream isn't a trilogy like Lord of the Rings or Star Wars. You could basically watch each one on its own and not miss anything important.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

You could basically watch each one on its own and not miss anything important.
How do you know? :P
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

Cool, thanks Stuart and Molean.
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

KALSTER wrote:
+1
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

You can skip all of the Scream films and still not mis anything.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:You can skip all of the Scream films and still not mis anything.

Code: Select all

TEXT="I agree"
NUMBER=1000000000

echo "$TEXT with RRF $NUMBER times." 
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
Molean

Post by Molean »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:You can skip all of the Scream films and still not mis anything.
Haters be hating!
i7 2600K|Zalman CNPS9900Max Red|8GB Corsair Vengance|Asus Maximus Gene-Z|MSI GTX660Ti PE OC|
|OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD|SG: 1.5TB+2TB+3TB|Samsung 2494HS|CM 850W Pro Silent PSU|CM690II
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

KALSTER wrote:
Masked menace: "Sydney Prescott, you need to die for reasons that make little to no apparent sense. I should kill the writers of this piece of crap instead".

Sydney Prescott: "Help me! I'm so very helpless! Won't someone help me? My hair is so straight and tangle free."

Dewey: "I would love to try and save the day, but I only have one facial expression. Why couldn't they have choose Keanu Reeves for this role?"

Gale: "I'm a total *****, so it would be easy for me to kill the killer, but it's against my contract to do anything meaningful in this movie"

Sydney Prescott: "Fine. Guess I'm going to have to do this myself!"

*bang, bang*

*The villian dies and Sydney lives happily every after, until the writers... urrr, I mean masked killer, strikes again.
Molean

Post by Molean »

Mystical_Titan wrote:
KALSTER wrote:
Masked menace: "Sydney Prescott, you need to die for reasons that make little to no apparent sense. I should kill the writers of this piece of crap instead".

Sydney Prescott: "Help me! I'm so very helpless! Won't someone help me? My hair is so straight and tangle free."

Dewey: "I would love to try and save the day, but I only have one facial expression. Why couldn't they have choose Keanu Reeves for this role?"

Gale: "I'm a total *****, so it would be easy for me to kill the killer, but it's against my contract to do anything meaningful in this movie"

Sydney Prescott: "Fine. Guess I'm going to have to do this myself!"

*bang, bang*

*The villian dies and Sydney lives happily every after, until the writers... urrr, I mean masked killer, strikes again.
Soooo...you haven't watched any of the Screams then...cause my Scream experience was nothing like thaaaat...lol
i7 2600K|Zalman CNPS9900Max Red|8GB Corsair Vengance|Asus Maximus Gene-Z|MSI GTX660Ti PE OC|
|OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD|SG: 1.5TB+2TB+3TB|Samsung 2494HS|CM 850W Pro Silent PSU|CM690II
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

One post and I described all three Scream movies. Isn't that sad?
Molean

Post by Molean »

Mystical_Titan wrote:One post and I described all three Scream movies. Isn't that sad?
Not to bad for a series of films which cost $120 mil to make and has made over $600 mil...
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Not bad that three movies which are basically exactly alike still made money? It's actually rather sad. Wish I'd thought of that. :lol:
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

+1 :) That is probably one of the lamest movies ever made :lol: just like that scary movie and Jackass rubbish :x I dont understand how anybody can like that or find it funny :? .
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

THE_STIG wrote:
+1 :) That is probably one of the lamest movies ever made :lol:
clearly you never saw any of the other slashers doing the rounds: I Know What You Did Last Summer, Urban Legends, Final Destination ...
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Urban legends: Image
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

If you want a decent scary movie watch something like Silent Hill or wait for it.... wit for it...

Doesn't the suspence just make it all the better.....

Wait for it....

Spoiler (show)
White Noise
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Scariest movie of all time has to be The Grifter...

You will never sleep again.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Not talking about the scariest... talking about the best... White noise was just epic in terms of the story... mysterious... twisting... intriguing... but then again I doubt you would watch a scary movie to see if it has anything remotely close to a decent storyline.... Mr. Maximum Trolling...
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:If you want a decent scary movie watch something like Silent Hill or wait for it.... wit for it...

Doesn't the suspence just make it all the better.....

Wait for it....

Spoiler (show)
White Noise
:troll: :?:

White Noise was tolerable.
Molean

Post by Molean »

Mystical_Titan wrote:Not bad that three movies which are basically exactly alike still made money? It's actually rather sad. Wish I'd thought of that. :lol:
Alot have tried...and failed miserably...for it's time Scream is a good slasher. If you don't like the genre, don't watch it...

This is where I laugh at films like the Green lantern, which cost $200 mil to make and it still hasn't even made that back yet...
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

jamin_za wrote:Scariest movie of all time has to be The Grifter...

You will never sleep again.
:lol:
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

I see your modern slasher flicks and Japanese re-makes and raise you 1:

John Carpenters : The Thing.

Granted I watched it a long time ago, but that just shows you how much impact it has. Freddy and Jason are long forgotten.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Molean

Post by Molean »

GreyWolf wrote:I see your modern slasher flicks and Japanese re-makes and raise you 1:

John Carpenters : The Thing.

Granted I watched it a long time ago, but that just shows you how much impact it has. Freddy and Jason are long forgotten.
The Thing is awesome! I own the DVD and have watched it many a time...sadly they are doing a remake of it...saw the trailer yesterday...they have replaced Kurt with a female lead...I highly doubt it will beat the original...

A really awesome slasher I like is, Switchblade Romance(Aka High Tension) by a french director named Alexandre Aja...lots of suspense, lovely gore and a great score that works with the film very well...
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Molean wrote:
Mystical_Titan wrote:Not bad that three movies which are basically exactly alike still made money? It's actually rather sad. Wish I'd thought of that. :lol:
Alot have tried...and failed miserably...for it's time Scream is a good slasher. If you don't like the genre, don't watch it...

This is where I laugh at films like the Green lantern, which cost $200 mil to make and it still hasn't even made that back yet...
I never said I don't like the genre and I also never actually said I didn't enjoy the Scream movies that I watched. What I said was that all they basically did was re-release the first one and put a 2 or 3 on it.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

The Thing is awesome!
Agreed! I watched it a few months ago for the first time and couldn't believe I never watched it before. They will never make them like that again.

Rosemary's Baby is a classic scary movie!

Must say, I wasn't a big fan of White Noise. The ending SUCKED as well.

I watched X-Men: First Class last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.