Are Rich People Less Moral?

A place to talk about more serious topics such as politics, society and current events.
Forum rules
Please read the discussion section rules before posting in here. By posting in this section, you acknowledge to have read and understood them, and agree to abide by them at all times.

Of course, the global forum rules apply here too.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: Are Rich People Less Moral?

Post by StarBound »

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-no ... 24882.html

Funny this thread came today after yesterdays event (link above).

Immorality is not a wealth or class thing. The richer you are the left you give a damn about repercussions especially if your a doos like Julius (who I heard finally saw his bottom) because you can just buy your "freedom" when the guy whos got nothing can't afford it. On the otherhand the guy whos got nothing says he can't afford it so he took it and nothing can be done about it because if he has nothing to loose or no way to pay back then whats the point of keeping him around.

My verdict, shoot them all and ask questions never.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

the issue isn't actually one of morality but one of market... when you're wealthy enough to shift responsibility into the market place it becomes a question of risk vs reward. if you can't afford the shift, this resembles "bad" behaviour but that's not how the independently wealthy view it...

a good example is the pointlessness of speeding fines... most people will avoid doing 80 over the limit because the end result would be a court case and possible jail time, but the average speed around JHB is 140/160 - so the average driver there is happy to "break the law", (bad), and risk a small fine in exchange for less time wasted dealing with their fellow wing-nuts...

is this "bad" or is this simply playing at market?
StarBound wrote:(link above)
hoax
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Playing at the market. For instance delivery times in this case. Some companies advise their truck drivers to speed. Get that fine of say R3000 for driving 40km over the speed limit so the cargo can be offloaded with X amount of profit that has already been included in the delivery fee.

*edit*

Thanks rusty for adding that link. I guess this counters the rich people are less moral argument :P
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.