The threat that is Julius Malema

A place to talk about more serious topics such as politics, society and current events.
Forum rules
Please read the discussion section rules before posting in here. By posting in this section, you acknowledge to have read and understood them, and agree to abide by them at all times.

Of course, the global forum rules apply here too.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Re: The threat that is Julius Malema

Post by hamin_aus »

ryanrich wrote:
KALSTER wrote:Leave?
Ideally not, but realistically, hmmm...
Patriotism is not a virtue, people.
You dont owe the country of your birth anything.
As long as you contribute positively to the economy and society, you are doing your part. More even.

If you have in-demand job skills and a good work ethic you are a valuable commodity, and if the country of your birth does not see you as such, you go elsewhere.

At least Julius does not begrudge me the right to pursue my happiness elsewhere.

Irvin Khoza must think you are all idiots.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

jamin_za wrote:
ryanrich wrote:
KALSTER wrote:Leave?
Ideally not, but realistically, hmmm...
Patriotism is not a virtue, people.
You dont owe the country of your birth anything.
As long as you contribute positively to the economy and society, you are doing your part. More even.

If you have in-demand job skills and a good work ethic you are a valuable commodity, and if the country of your birth does not see you as such, you go elsewhere.
Agree completely.
jee

Post by jee »

You know... its been a long time since 1994. Agreed with Malema that some white people were brought up with the "boy" and "girl" thing. Some of us were taught to respect all people, and do not hang on the apartheid theories that colour makes you less of a person. We teach our children that... Loinfruit was one of the first kids that went to a dual medium, multi-racial school and for her generation people are people. I wish they want to leave behind that attitude that apartheid is still ingrained in the majority of the country.

I agree with Jamin. I do not want to leave this country. (it will be too expensive to take all my cats and dogs! :) ) I do not want my child to leave this country. But it should be each person's right to find a job where they feel needed and used to their full advantage for their skills, not for their skin colour.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

jee wrote:Loinfruit was one of the first kids that went to a dual medium, multi-racial school
1993 was when the then "Model-C" schools were first opened to non-whites - in KZN anyway.

I remember because I was in standard 3 that year and my mother put me in one.

Kat would have only been old enough to start school 2 or 3 years later, unless my maths is off - unless the dual-medium ones were slower in opening. My school was English only :D
jee

Post by jee »

she went from pre-school which was dual medium no size fits all :)
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
jee

Post by jee »

Comrades, we are going to war. We are going to war for radical policy change
ja boet
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

If you told me in 2008 after Mbeki's resignation that in a few years time there would be a threat to South Africa so grave that it would make Jacob Zuma look like one of the good guys I would have laughed in your face...
jee

Post by jee »

Actually, that article has been seen in UK and USA newspapers... the only people that are not afraid are the Chinese... they can see how they are going to make money on their meat ;)
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Gross jee

*Goes to think about something more pleasant*
IcePick88

Post by IcePick88 »

I don't think we have to worry about this idiot very much. The ANCYL and the ANC will implode in a very orgasmic fasion and the DA will sneak in and take over.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 (OC'ed to 3.8Ghz)
CPU Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 P/P
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD5850
Motherboard: Asus M4A785T-M
Memory: 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333
Case: Zalman Z7
Display: Samsung Syncmaster 2243BWX
CapNemo

Post by CapNemo »

Radical policy change that might be useful is for the the masses to get of there bottom and start working and stop wanting everything for nothing. For instance I want a nuke but nobody is going to give it to me so work for your darn house or bmw or what ever
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"
Prime

Post by Prime »

When I see this, I have some hope for this country:

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/ ... s-20110619
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

CapNemo wrote:Radical policy change that might be useful is for the the masses to get of there bottom and start working and stop wanting everything for nothing. For instance I want a nuke but nobody is going to give it to me so work for your darn house or bmw or what ever
That's all fine and dandy, but there simply aren't enough jobs to go around, are there?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Thanks Prime - you made my Monday better :D
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Trying to create jobs directly is a major fail Kalster. It is not the way to do it. If you do you only create a reprieve... aka temporary jobs. If you want to create sustainable job growth you have to create an environment that is secure enough for entrepreneurs to do their thing. Currently this is not happening. The government is frightening away prospective investors due to the way they clamp down upon businesses with employment laws. It is almost impossible to legally get rid of someone that is not doing their job and as such it is increasingly the consensus to employ less people and make them do more for the same amount of pay.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Prime

Post by Prime »

KALSTER wrote:
CapNemo wrote:Radical policy change that might be useful is for the the masses to get of there bottom and start working and stop wanting everything for nothing. For instance I want a nuke but nobody is going to give it to me so work for your darn house or bmw or what ever
That's all fine and dandy, but there simply aren't enough jobs to go around, are there?
You are both wrong and right:

South Africans are bloody lazy! Ask any Zambian, Zimbabwean, Nigerian etc.

BUT!!!

It shouldn't be the governments job to give people jobs. They should give people the skills and means to create their own when they can't find any. Instead we've created a population that is ignorant, lazy and now expects to be given what they want. They have no concept of economics or reason to earn money and have never had a reason to want to work. So they drink, riot, steal and sleep around because they have no reason to behave differently. And they have never had anyone they look up to tell them otherwise.

If instead of just giving them an RDP house, we sent them to a skills course and a family planning course first, how much better do you think the population would be? And screen for the brighter ones and send them to university.
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

Ask a ZAMBIAN if a Safer is Lazy?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I grew up in Zambia, and friendlier African nation I have not yet encountered, but hard working they are not.

An old colleague once told me: unless the brewery is burning down, we are not gonna do ****!
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

I agree with you guys, but at least a revolving resource of temp jobs does help some. I do think though, that the thing we need the most is education and free education at that. Frankly, I don't understand why free education should not be a basic human right. It, along with free health care, should be two of the highest items on this country's agenda going forward. With free education we can afford to lose some newly educated people to the foreigners and we will quickly build up a force of educated youngsters ready to start a fire under our economy, with job creation being an obvious eventuality.

As you said, it is not enough to have people ready to work as skilled labourers, but we need an economy healthy enough to make it possible for both established employers and entrepreneurs to be able to afford the workforce they require. It is a cycle of a better economy, more jobs, better economy, etc. , with education I believe as the catalyst.

Amandla!
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

Don't be retarded.

Free healthcare and education would just use up money that could be better spent on things the country REALLY needs.
Like submarines, fighter jets and huge pay hikes for members of government.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Don't be retarded.
:) I was about to launch at you with a vengeance!

Yeah, I HATE politicians (most of them). :x

BTW; Any of you guys been to Swaziland? That is lazy AND corrupt. We even had a princess assigned to our region with whom you could arrange for virtually anything.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

I have tried to stay away form this tread as I was afraid I would go mad and get banned. I cannot express my hatred for the government and that chop who is the leader of the retarded gestapo.......sorry I meant ANCYL.

There are some hard working African countries but we do not live in one of them
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

He wouldn't be such a big threat if he didn't have such a huge mass of stupidity following him.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Prime

Post by Prime »

GreyWolf wrote:Ask a ZAMBIAN if a Safer is Lazy?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I grew up in Zambia, and friendlier African nation I have not yet encountered, but hard working they are not.

An old colleague once told me: unless the brewery is burning down, we are not gonna do ****!
Our lot will still do nothing. it took the local fire brigade 20 minutes to drive 2 blocks. Then they got pissed off with us for putting the fire out ourselves. :?

Another time I watched a sappi plantation go up because at 5pm, the firebrigade went home. :?

I have friends who live near Zandspruit. They don't bother calling the police up the road anymore.
KALSTER wrote:
Don't be retarded.
:) I was about to launch at you with a vengeance!

Yeah, I HATE politicians (most of them). :x

BTW; Any of you guys been to Swaziland? That is lazy AND corrupt. We even had a princess assigned to our region with whom you could arrange for virtually anything.

Not to mention bankrupt!
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Here is food for thought, quote of the week, LONDON TIMES

Affirmative Action

"South Africa is the only country in the world where affirmative action is in the favour of the majority who has complete political control. The fact that the political majority requires affirmative action to protect them against a 9% minority group is testament to a complete failure on their part to build their own wealth making structures, such that their only solution is to take it from others."
London Times
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Link?