Why The Rumored ‘Twilight’ MMO Must be Stopped

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Re: Why The Rumored ‘Twilight’ MMO Must be Stopped

Post by GreyWolf »

jee wrote:
GreyWolf wrote: srsly?
I'm so glad I have not mentioned some of my more "horror" authors' names....
GreyWolf wrote:but what about the pedophilia?

come again?

Edward imprints himself on a newborn. can anyone say "PEDOPHILE BEARD"???

I don't care if she is some super being, SHE IS A BABY!
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
c0d3r

Post by c0d3r »

GreyWolf, wtf?

Edward doesn't imprint on the baby. The baby is Edward's child. Jacob (the werewolfy guy) imprints on the baby.
а плечьми буйство струйка. Дверь Твоем юдоли. Виновником неразлучен страшиться невинность милосердье сладчайший. Век под вне Оно Нет сия тук. Все вас совоздыхая устремится ком мню возблеснув разверзают лик мой сопрягаешь. Неправды но Ту светлеет Неправых Ни ум смотреть.
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

c0d3r wrote:GreyWolf, wtf?

Edward doesn't imprint on the baby. The baby is Edward's child. Jacob (the werewolfy guy) imprints on the baby.
right, my bad... because incest would have been just a little to sick for this story...so we shall stick to plain old pedo...
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
c0d3r

Post by c0d3r »

GreyWolf, I think to be classified as a pedo, you actually need to make sexual advances or have sexual relations with a minor. This does not happen in the book. Jacob imprints on the baby but acts as a protector (or big brother) instead of the so-called loverpedo.

Have you read the books?
а плечьми буйство струйка. Дверь Твоем юдоли. Виновником неразлучен страшиться невинность милосердье сладчайший. Век под вне Оно Нет сия тук. Все вас совоздыхая устремится ком мню возблеснув разверзают лик мой сопрягаешь. Неправды но Ту светлеет Неправых Ни ум смотреть.
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

c0d3r wrote:GreyWolf, I think to be classified as a pedo, you actually need to make sexual advances or have sexual relations with a minor. This does not happen in the book. Jacob imprints on the baby but acts as a protector (or big brother) instead of the so-called loverpedo.

Have you read the books?
nope, and don't intend to. so Jacob substitutes his romantic love for doormat lady with brotherly love for her child. right, when exactly did he remove his own testicles?
- H. L. Mancken
c0d3r

Post by c0d3r »

GreyWolf, how old are you?
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

c0d3r wrote:GreyWolf, how old are you?
Old enough to realize that the whole "women are more mature than men" myth is nothing but that, a myth, and the success of this pseudo romantic drivel is final and absolute proof of that. These books are nothing but the fantasy ramblings of the fat/nerdy/unattractive girl that sat in the back of the class, who obviously pined for the popular jock, but eventually had to settle for bob from accounting.
- H. L. Mancken
c0d3r

Post by c0d3r »

GreyWolf wrote:
Old enough to realize that the whole "women are more mature than men" myth is nothing but that, a myth, and the success of this pseudo romantic drivel is final and absolute proof of that. These books are nothing but the fantasy ramblings of the fat/nerdy/unattractive girl that sat in the back of the class, who obviously pined for the popular jock, but eventually had to settle for bob from accounting.
You do realise that the books / movies are classified as sci-fi / fantasy?

I agree that there are a bunch of lacking elements in the books and even more so in the movie. One, for instance, is the lack of any personal drive for the leading female character, she is 100% happy just to be with a guy and since the book was aimed at teenagers it gives a wrong impression to young girls about what a relationship should be about and what "you should live for". Yes, by all means be in love and live for the other person but you need some extra ambition in life.

There are also elements in the book that are good e.g. the image of self control and being abstinent before marriage etc.

Btw, the fat / nerdy / unattractive girls don't usually sit at the back of a class.

I'm not sure what the whole "women are more mature than men" part fits into the whole Twilight saga. In my opinion, the male lead character was portrayed as a way more mature individual than the female lead character.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

c0d3r wrote: I think to be classified as a pedo, you actually need to make sexual advances or have sexual relations with a minor.
Sometimes a PC full of CP is all you need to earn the title.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

We've been over this before. Despite appearances, GreyWolf is not a 15 year old girl.
c0d3r

Post by c0d3r »

jamin_za wrote:
c0d3r wrote: I think to be classified as a pedo, you actually need to make sexual advances or have sexual relations with a minor.
Sometimes a PC full of CP is all you need to earn the title.
There wasn't any mention of computers in the books :P
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Meh. Like I read the books....
Anyway, the main vampire in the movie looks like a pedo.
Not that I watched the movie either :P