More NGE Live Action News !!! (Concept Art)

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
larch

Post by larch »

cYcLIc wrote:
SoulBlade wrote:I'm not gonna keep my fingers crossed. Made for americans by americans :-(
I agree. I'm not even giving this one much of a chance. A large part of me says it's gonna be a screw up. I can't imagine seeing an american kid pretending to be Shinji...if he is a kid at all. I don't think I'm gonna buy any of it, but I guess we can only wait and see. It might be surprising.
Don`t think its really fair shooting it down even before u have seen at least a trailer or full preview of the live action.

The most prominent symbolism takes its inspiration from Judeo-Christian sources and frequently uses iconography and themes from Judaism, Christianity, Gnosticism, and Kabbalism.

Assistant director Kazuya Tsurumaki said that they originally used Christian symbolism only to give the project a unique edge against other giant robot shows, and that it had no particular meaning.[15] Whether this mindset changed over the course of the series' production, or has any relation to creator/director Hideaki Anno's symbolic intentions, is still a point of contention among fans.

References, with multiple equally plausible interpretations which exist, include:

* Adam and Eve (known in other languages as Eva) refer to the first human beings from the book of Genesis. Eve comes from Adam's rib. Similarly, the Eva models come from the Angel first identified as Adam

* The Christian cross is often shown, frequently represented by energy beams shooting up skyward.

* The second Angel, Lilith is shown crucified. In Jewish folklore, Lilith is the first wife of Adam, and in some works of popular culture, the first vampire. Lilith is impaled with a spear named the "Lance of Longinus", used to pierce the side of Jesus during his crucifixion. Lilith represents the first woman and mother of humanity, or even humanity itself, as Kaworu says.

* The Angels could be a reference to the angels of God from the Old Testament in Japanese, the word used is the same one used for apostle (or messenger), as in the New Testament eyecatches during the series as well as the introduction sequence display their names in English as "Angels".In addition, their origin is vaguely explained in the series as descending from "Adam" (yet another Judeo-Christian references) and being "different evolutionary paths humanity could have taken".

* The Magi supercomputers are named Melchior, Balthazar and Caspar after the names traditionally given for the Magi who were mentioned in the Gospel of Matthew as having visited Jesus in Bethlehem (often called "the three wise men," though the number of visitors is not recorded in the gospel).

* The Tree of Sephiroth (Tree of Life) is mentioned, as well as shown in the opening title sequence and on the ceiling of Gendo's office.

* The Marduk Institute is named for Marduk, the chief Babylonian deity and patron god of the city of Babylon.

* In episode 9, Asuka compares the door between her and Shinji as the "Wall of Jericho" which, in the Book of Joshua, fell after being circled 7 times by the army and priests of Israel.

Do u really think a live action with this kind off religious content will ever be shown in theaters world wide without pissing off most religious groups out there and we all know how gun oh they can be and most movie going people prefer guns/boobs and explosions and i don't think 99% of them will even grasp some of the concepts that is the the anime.

Most ignorant gits will go "i don't understand this so its *****" so yes the plot will be changed to suite the movie going people they had to do it with doom and it didnt turn out too bad.

If they had to cast everyone exactly the same we would be looking for some lolicon anorexic chick with blue hair and a personality like a blowup doll.

Just face it fanboys like us are outnumbered 10 to 1 by general public so we will never get to see it 100% faith full live action.

And u know what ill still go watch it cause i am glad cause people are making one instead of some crappy sequel like rocky 4 or GOD HELP US 5.

And ill keep neutral and give my comments once i have watched the movie
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

There is no director and there is no cast. Everything on the net is bs. There is merely speculation.

Can't complain about the Eva's.

Though need I even mention my disgust concerning those last two pics? :?
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Holy ****!!! What are those incarnations of horror!?
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
Mortal_Wombat

Post by Mortal_Wombat »

Where'd you get those pics from?
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Those are the original preproduction concepts direct from WETA workshop who'll be doing the special effects.

They did Lord Of The Rings and King Kong so they are extremely credible.

http://www.wetaworkshop.co.nz/projects/ ... on_genesis

EDIT :

This is the best live action Eva source - http://eva.trivialbeing.net/

EDIT # 2 :

At the very least I really hope they make this a 3 hour movie.
larch

Post by larch »

ZeroS wrote:Holy ****!!! What are those incarnations of horror!?
Its called concept art for a reason they haven't even started on the script yet
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Well they got the cocept behind the Eva's correct so why not the characters?

If all 14 year old girls looked like that we'll all be in jail now maties.

I sincerely hope that was drawn just for the hell of it and not planned.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Rayne wrote: If all 14 year old girls looked like that we'll all be in jail now maties.
Fresh Jailbait!
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
larch

Post by larch »

Like i said in my 2nd long post
If they had to cast everyone exactly the same we would be looking for some lolicon anorexic chick with blue hair and a personality like a blowup doll.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Not at all.

This whole show is based on a child's viewpoint and reasoning. The main characters are all 14 years old for a reason.

You can't just ignorantly ignore that.

In any case I remember reading somewhere that they are trying to cast Shinji, Rei and Asuka of adequite age.

I'll try to find that link again...

EDIT :
larch wrote:Like i said in my 2nd long post
Which will be correct bacuse Rei is a clone.

She lacks personality.

Your comment that she's "anorexic" unfound though.

Rei Ayanami's arguably one of the best looking anime girls to date.
larch

Post by larch »

Rayne wrote:Not at all.

This whole show is based on a child's viewpoint and reasoning. The main characters are all 14 years old for a reason.

You can't just ignorantly ignore that.

In any case I remember reading somewhere that they are trying to cast Shinji, Rei and Asuka of adequite age.

I'll try to find that link again...
Try telling that too the old ladies who sit and ***** on stoep when they see a pair of ( . Y . ) in the huisgenoot they will have a anurism if the see young nubile female jump into skin tight outfits
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

You have a good point there...
larch

Post by larch »

On the other hand we can have old nubile ladies in skin tight plug suits :P
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Remember Shinji also wears a plugsuit, so let's rather cut this one short... :lol: